over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Double quad tendons ruptured

I have ruptured my quad.. full tear.. I was just warming up lol.. but got sloppy with the reps.. I was about 22 at the time.. milos had his done too.. you'll be back in no time..
I will add getting range of motion is the most important thing.. it will come back quick but get your rom before training quads again..

I will add getting range of motion is the most important thing.. it will come back quick but get your rom before training quads again..
Thanks. I've promised myself in advance to be diligent on PT. All I've read says this is critical for long term results.

Thanks. I've promised myself in advance to be diligent on PT. All I've read says this is critical for long term results.
How bad is the pain now, bro? This just sucks , but you're taking the proper steps to recover as optimal as possible.

I'll be avoiding calf raises on the leg press. It makes sense as tension is being kept on joints and ligaments for probably too much time under load in a locked , or rested position

How bad is the pain now, bro? This just sucks , but you're taking the proper steps to recover as optimal as possible.

I'll be avoiding calf raises on the leg press. It makes sense as tension is being kept on joints and ligaments for probably too much time under load in a locked , or rested position
Just lying here it not too bad, but when I move though, even with my wife's help it can get bad.

Very sorry to hear this man! Hoping for a good procedure, and fast recovery for you.

It might not seem like it now, but you'll be back to much of your former self. It's remarkable how much time swings the calamity of certain events in a different direction. Give yourself time with rehab; I'm sure you'll bring the same level of commitment to it that you do to this hobby. And it will pay great dividends for you

Holy shit bro, I'm just seeing this and I'm speechless 🙊.... I pray for your speedy recovery, I wouldn't wish this upon my worse enemy. Hopefully you get the best docs to fix you up.
"What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger".

Always makes me cringe seeing videos of folks legs giving out on the leg press to get pinned. Glad someone was there to help you out fast! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Cage

I have struggled with knee injuries my whole life. What really helped me regain stability in my knees and heal them faster after various injuries and is a great rehab tool is back ward sled dragging with a light weight everyday. Ed Coan did this upon recommendation from Lou Simmons after snapping his patellar tendon squatting and he credits it for being a great tool in being able to recover and squat again.

Jeeze sorry to hear and I hope you have the best surgeons and rehab after.
Wishing you a faster recovery and prayers brother

Little bit of good news today. With great assistance from a good bodybuilding friend here, I got connected with a doctor for the Japan world rugby team. His people are seeing me tomorrow and I'm possibly getting admitted right away.

It's still going to be a journey, but I feel better about the outcomes now.

Little bit of good news today. With great assistance from a good bodybuilding friend here, I got connected with a doctor for the Japan world rugby team. His people are seeing me tomorrow and I'm possibly getting admitted right away.

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you man. Holy fuck. It sounds like your going to be in the right hands to get it repaired. I hope all goes well for you

Great news!

Well last night I had my worst injury ever.

Both tendons ruptured when finishing my set of calf presses on the leg press machine. Not really sure how it happened, I was just lowering the weights and somehow didn't engage the safety latches. Only 4 plates per side and I should have been able to push it up easy, but somehow it came far enough to exert enough pressure on the knees for them both to blow. I suspect my tendons overall are compromised, perhaps calcified with age because it should not have happened.

Fortunately my wife was right there at the gym and the staff were exceptional getting me on a stretcher and getting me some privacy while waiting for the ambulance.

They took me to a big local hospital here in Tokyo that is only a 30m walk (haha) from my home. Got my X-ray, CT and ultrasound, MRI on Monday. I have another good buddy who has a bodybuilder surgeon friend checking around to make sure this place has the right people and facility and if not where I should go

Japanese health care will take care of 99% of the cost and I can choose my place of surgery, but I want to keep it simple, get it done quick, and get it done right - which are all boxes that are hard to tick at once.

C'est la vie....
Good luck buddy 🤞

I ruptured a quad tendon 20 years ago ...surgery was 3 days later...3 weeks later I was back in the hospital with a blood infection...I had the surgery redone and left 6 days later with a pic line in my arm attached to a bag of antibiotics and a pump I wore in a fanny pack...six weeks later the pic line was removed...

I ruptured a quad tendon 20 years ago ...surgery was 3 days later...3 weeks later I was back in the hospital with a blood infection...I had the surgery redone and left 6 days later with a pic line in my arm attached to a bag of antibiotics and a pump I wore in a fanny pack...six weeks later the pic line was removed...
Nearly exactly how mine went down as well, only difference in my case was it was 11 years ago. My PICC line was plumbed directly into my heart. PICC lines rule....NOT!!!

Tendons ruptured count: Both quad, both pec, one calf, one tricep, both bicep. I earned my handle damn it! Lol...

That's awful man! Did you have all of them reattached?

Nearly exactly how mine went down as well, only difference in my case was it was 11 years ago. My PICC line was plumbed directly into my heart. PICC lines rule....NOT!!!
It was Kool watching on a machine the pic line going from my arm across my clavicle area and down to my heart...the worst part was when the infection set in...I was hallucinating...little leprechauns we're talking to me...I was shivering so hard the bed was bouncing...then when the doctor was draining the pus from knee...I was out of it but became very aware when he said amputation could be necessary due to the extent of the infection...my major organs were already shutting down...my rupture occurred on 6/2/02....on 6/2/07 my tricep tendon ruptured in a car accident...every year since then I stay in the house on June 2...

Here's an update for those interested. After help from a good friend here I got connected to Japan's top sports orthopedic surgeon, Takazawa sensei. He's the Japan world rugby team doctor and on the Japan Olympic committee. After a consult with one of his team on the 5th, he arranged for my surgery later the same day. Great guy BTW, very personable.

I woke up somewhat delirious and in a lot of pain. It took three hours to do both, and my left tendon took a piece of the patella with it. He fixed me up with the double suture method.

I did my first rehab session three days ago and I'm already making surprising progress while also being surprised myself at what I cannot do. While I've got 60-65% of flexion right now, I cannot raise a straight leg when prone if you put a gun to my head.

I'm still in the hospital as they keep you here for a while. I hope to get out early next week after my custom metal braces arrive and I get trained to use them. The hospital I'm in is a one hour taxi ride from home so I'll do rehab at the hospital we went to after the incident which is 5 minutes.

The pain was surprising as is the fact that all my leg extensors are impaired; I didn't expect weakness all over. I've read it's the body limiting power for self protection.

Now I'm looking to a few more days of hospital time and some more rehab before going home. No visitors here so I've only seen my wife on video.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws