over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Double quad tendons ruptured

hawkmoon

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well last night I had my worst injury ever.

Both tendons ruptured when finishing my set of calf presses on the leg press machine. Not really sure how it happened, I was just lowering the weights and somehow didn't engage the safety latches. Only 4 plates per side and I should have been able to push it up easy, but somehow it came far enough to exert enough pressure on the knees for them both to blow. I suspect my tendons overall are compromised, perhaps calcified with age because it should not have happened.

Fortunately my wife was right there at the gym and the staff were exceptional getting me on a stretcher and getting me some privacy while waiting for the ambulance.

They took me to a big local hospital here in Tokyo that is only a 30m walk (haha) from my home. Got my X-ray, CT and ultrasound, MRI on Monday. I have another good buddy who has a bodybuilder surgeon friend checking around to make sure this place has the right people and facility and if not where I should go

Japanese health care will take care of 99% of the cost and I can choose my place of surgery, but I want to keep it simple, get it done quick, and get it done right - which are all boxes that are hard to tick at once.

C'est la vie....

Wishing you a speedy recovery...so freaky - just a reminder to be safer ..and be safe again -

Like I said on IG, sorry for this to have happened. Speedy recovery 🙏 💪

Sorry to hear this brother! I'm hoping and praying you get the BEST treatment and speedy recovery!

Damn, sorry to hear this news, Hawkmoon. Wishing you the best for a quick recovery!

Jesus, I feel like I saw another thread on here not long ago where someone had this same thing happen. How are the PT places there? To me PT is the key to getting back to where you were. I know baseball is big over there, not sure about other sports? When I had my surgery I made sure I saw a PT that worked with athletes that knew I was going to be lifting heavy after recovery.

Well last night I had my worst injury ever.

Both tendons ruptured when finishing my set of calf presses on the leg press machine. Not really sure how it happened, I was just lowering the weights and somehow didn't engage the safety latches. Only 4 plates per side and I should have been able to push it up easy, but somehow it came far enough to exert enough pressure on the knees for them both to blow. I suspect my tendons overall are compromised, perhaps calcified with age because it should not have happened.

Fortunately my wife was right there at the gym and the staff were exceptional getting me on a stretcher and getting me some privacy while waiting for the ambulance.

They took me to a big local hospital here in Tokyo that is only a 30m walk (haha) from my home. Got my X-ray, CT and ultrasound, MRI on Monday. I have another good buddy who has a bodybuilder surgeon friend checking around to make sure this place has the right people and facility and if not where I should go

Japanese health care will take care of 99% of the cost and I can choose my place of surgery, but I want to keep it simple, get it done quick, and get it done right - which are all boxes that are hard to tick at once.

C'est la vie....
I am really really sorry to read this Matt.

Yes, bad things happen to good people. You have good people in your corner fighting for you and supporting you. And you are fortunate that you are strong mentally and physically and have a great attitude.

This too will pass. Hang in there, take care of yourself and please let us know how you are doing along the way. We care.

PS. Of all people, WTF are you doing working your calves 😉

I am really really sorry to read this Matt.

Yes, bad things happen to good people. You have good people in your corner fighting for you and supporting you. And you are fortunate that you are strong mentally and physically and have a great attitude.

This too will pass. Hang in there, take care of yourself and please let us know how you are doing along the way. We care.

PS. Of all people, WTF are you doing working your calves 😉
Thanks very much. Fortunately I do have great support as you say and I'm sorry to be a burden. That alone will make me recover faster

Jesus, I feel like I saw another thread on here not long ago where someone had this same thing happen. How are the PT places there? To me PT is the key to getting back to where you were. I know baseball is big over there, not sure about other sports? When I had my surgery I made sure I saw a PT that worked with athletes that knew I was going to be lifting heavy after recovery.
We have some good places. There is a big facility very near me run by Aussie and Brit professionals.

weak connective tissue is a side effect of testosterone use. its something we should all be aware of.

good luck with your recovery bro!
Thanks. Yes as I understand it, up to a point it strengthens then weakens tissue.

currently rehabbing my left leg from torn quadricep tendon. Just started PT this week - for 6 weeks post surgery there was nothing to do, leg stays locked in a full leg brace with no bending allowed at all. Makes mobility very challenging. Going to be hard having both legs at same time - sorry to hear, that's crazy man. It's been a rough few weeks for me, but now that PT has started its getting better. Good luck. It's like my surgeon told me - "it's going to suck, but you'll get through it"

When I read the title of your thread before even clicking, my heart sank.

All the very best in your recovery Hawk. I’ve had this exact same thing happen on the leg press… I came out of it much better than you though. Shit man, sorry this happened.

I am sooooo sorry to hear this! You seem to have the right attitude and perspective. I hope everything goes great with surgery and recovery!! You should contact Jean Pierre Fux. He may be able to give you some perspective although his happened many years ago. You could contact him through his website/coaching... https://jeanpierrefux.com/ He lives in Palm Springs, California and runs a cat rescue.

If you're going crazy and want to chat let me know! I went a little stir crazy through my two level lumbar fusion recovery. Time to catch up on some good books, movies and videos!!

Anyway, I wish you the best, heal up!

Jesus, glad you are OK Hawkmoon. Of all people, you can conquer this. You've got a great attitude about it already.
Thankfully your wife was there. Sounds very scary and i wish you the best for a speedy recovery bud.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131