over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Down in a Hole

shapeup

Newbies
Have you ever listened to Alice in Chains and/or Nirvana, or been a fan of them.??

I feel like all of their songs describe how I have been feeling lately. I am getting so burnt out on life right now. I can't seem to get my plans together. My diet, training, and work have all been suffering. My productivity is horrible, I stay up in my room too late and sleep in, I can't get out of bed to work out anymore in the mornings. I dont even know why I'm making this thread other than the frustration that I am feeling right now. I feel like if I keep going on this path I will be broke, fat, and depressed again. (been that before!!).

I don't want to fall down this trap again and I need some encouragement people!! Ill take any advice I can get right now.

Got to get down to get Up!!!!!!!

Hey bro,

Same day everyday routine, huh??? I think we all have been down this path.

Try planning a vacation (cruise) or some big event in order to get your self hyped to look your best.

When feeling like poop.

I look for something in the near future to pump me up. New girl friend, big vacation, family reunion. This will get you out of the rut man. Just got to get some momentum and once you start seeing some improvement, you get greedy and want more improvement and BAM your training like a freak and eating healthy too look and feel your best.

Good Luck Bro, down hang your head down. ;)

SitySlicker1 said:
Hey bro,

Same day everyday routine, huh??? I think we all have been down this path.

Try planning a vacation (cruise) or some big event in order to get your self hyped to look your best.

When feeling like poop.

I look for something in the near future to pump me up. New girl friend, big vacation, family reunion. This will get you out of the rut man. Just got to get some momentum and once you start seeing some improvement, you get greedy and want more improvement and BAM your training like a freak and eating healthy too look and feel your best.

Good Luck Bro, down hang your head down. ;)

Uh oh, I'm not ready for a cycle yet :D ;) :p .

I see what you mean, I just can't go on vacation yet. :( I'm planning or trying to plan a camping trip for my birthday next month, but in the meantime I can't choose a routine, can't stick to my diet, and I have this overlying thought in my mind that I'm doing everything wrong.

I kinda just want to pack up and move to another country, join the marines...ect.ect.

I feel for you right now, bud. I have had occurences like this too. Truth be told, I think that almost everyone has them at some point...

Okay...Here is where the fuzzy warm shit ends from me, though. There is only one person that can decide and act to make things change and that is YOU!!!! I would suggest that maybe you take the time to clear your head and do some serious personal assessment. It appears as though you may need to "sharpen the saw" a bit and that's okay. If you need to, make some notes to help you ascertain what you stand for, what is important to you, what drives/motivates you, what do you want & how are you going to get there? When you have firm answers to key questions like these, the road that you choose to follow becomes far clearer and easier to navigate.

skookum said:
I feel for you right now, bud. I have had occurences like this too. Truth be told, I think that almost everyone has them at some point...

Okay...Here is where the fuzzy warm shit ends from me, though. There is only one person that can decide and act to make things change and that is YOU!!!! I would suggest that maybe you take the time to clear your head and do some serious personal assessment. It appears as though you may need to "sharpen the saw" a bit and that's okay. If you need to, make some notes to help you ascertain what you stand for, what is important to you, what drives/motivates you, what do you want & how are you going to get there? When you have firm answers to key questions like these, the road that you choose to follow becomes far clearer and easier to navigate.

Your right, THis is what I did 4 months ago when I decided to commit for real to fitness. I need to retrace my steps and goals. Thanks bro, Ima do this right now.

You just described the classical symtoms of depression. You sound like you're in one of those downward spirals. Normally, this is the point where I tell someone to go talk to someone about it. Maybe you should do that. I have a question for you. When was the last time you did something REALLY stimulating? Something that really gave you a good rush? Skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. Something that gives you some thrills and chills! You need a little of that once in a while my friend.

As far as the rest. You need to take care of yourself. Brush your teeth, floss, shower, wear some nice clothes. You may be feeling like the world is spinning around you and you're just standing still. Get back into life. Go out. Make a new friend. What I'm saying is make some changes.

We need you back here in the real world.... and turn that shit off and listen to something else. THere's plenty of music that will pump you up and not leave you down. Life's a bitch. Now go get yours back. Not tommorrow... NOW!

AWESOME!!! I urge you to make sure to place yourself in a setting where you're not going to be disturbed or distracted. Above all else, be perfectly honest with yourself - you need to live with you every day, it might as well be enjoyable, huh? I'm actually kind of excited for you, personal discovery is quite an adventure. Best of luck to you, friend!!!

OuchThatHurts said:
You just described the classical symtoms of depression. You sound like you're in one of those downward spirals. Normally, this is the point where I tell someone to go talk to someone about it. Maybe you should do that. I have a question for you. When was the last time you did something REALLY stimulating? Something that really gave you a good rush? Skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. Something that gives you some thrills and chills! You need a little of that once in a while my friend.

As far as the rest. You need to take care of yourself. Brush your teeth, floss, shower, wear some nice clothes. You may be feeling like the world is spinning around you and you're just standing still. Get back into life. Go out. Make a new friend. What I'm saying is make some changes.

We need you back here in the real world.... and turn that shit off and listen to something else. THere's plenty of music that will pump you up and not leave you down. Life's a bitch. Now go get yours back. Not tommorrow... NOW!

You're right bro, I have been clinically depressed before, but the therepist didn't really help me AT ALL, I went to church counseling..ect.ect...the only thing that happened was I got worse. I did get better when I got a new job though, I started working at 24hour fitness..that was last year. I quit that job for a better one 4 months ago and ironically that was when I decided to make fitness a way of life and stop dicking around the gym.

I need to go out a do something fun. No alcohol or drugs though I don't do that stuff anymore :).

hmm

dont worry everything will go out in few a week or so
such feelings do occur specially if u r zodiac sign is pisces :D
dont worry, hangout with friends and u'll forget all, i mean friends not girl friends
with girl friends u'll be happy but after sometime u'll feel same

Unknown-Killer said:
dont worry everything will go out in few a week or so
such feelings do occur specially if u r zodiac sign is pisces :D
dont worry, hangout with friends and u'll forget all, i mean friends not girl friends
with girl friends u'll be happy but after sometime u'll feel same

Girls f*ck me up even more. THis instance doesn't have to do with girls though, although the previously stated one does. :)

THanks for all the posts guys!! I'm getting some stuff out on paper and it's helping a little to motivate me again!!! haha

Much props to skookum!!

Shapeup, I listen to Alice in Chains regularily.

Yes, much of the music is raw and on the depressing side. Think about it. Although the music is good for lifting, most of it was written and preformed by Lane Staley who had a horrific drug addiction. He eventually died of an overdose and was found in his apartment about two weeks after his demise.

Sometimes the pull of the darkness gets to us all. I have to monitor myself regularily. Although I am not prone to depression there are other areas of my life that could pull me down if I didn't control my behavior.

Keep this in mind, AS A MAN THINKETH, SO IS HE. That's biblical and it surely applies today.

Monitor your thoughts. Most of us have a negative feedback loop running through our heads. We don't even realize it. Actively think positive thoughts and repeat them. I sometimes write positive things down on note cards and put them where I'll see them. Make yourself repeat these positive affirmations to yourself. It sounds lame, but give it a try.

Set a goal, write down a plan, and go for it.

Good luck, Shapeup.

I'm not going to rehash what the other posts have said, they have said what many of us would have said. Listen to them bro. Go out and put some real adrenaline back in your life. Excitment breeds good feelings. Just like a real good hard training session will leave you feeling on top of the world. Grab some friends and go find some fun shit to do. You need to get your Zest for life back. No one will do this for you, you must take control and shape your outcomes, don't wait for others to do this for you. You'll be left cold. Get out of bed, put on some killer "UP" music and go grab life by the balls son!!

Jar of Flies is (imo) one of the best complete albums (meaning every songs a winner) I have ever heard.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131