over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Andrew Huberman

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am extremely impressed with this doctor. a jew friend of mine (27 year old neurologist doc) studied under him at Stanford.

I know @Knight9 is familiar with him and posted a joe rogan interview with him- but his intellectual prowess is remarkable beyond this episode

he has the best methods backed by science for biohacking...

here are some notes from his light and sun exposure lecture:

“Getting sunlight in your eyes first thing in the morning is absolutely vital to mental and physical health. It is perhaps the most important thing that any and all of us can and should do in order to promote metabolic well-being, promote the positive function of your hormone system, get your mental health steering in the right direction.”

“That morning sunlight in your eyes should be a non-negotiable thing 360 days out of the year.”

“The simple behavior that I do believe everybody should adopt… is to view, ideally sunlight, for 2–10 minutes every morning upon waking. So, when you get up in the morning, you really want to get bright light into your eyes because it does two things. First of all, it triggers the timed release of cortisol, a healthy level of cortisol, into your system, which acts as a wake-up signal and will promote wakefulness and the ability to focus throughout the day. It also starts a timer for the onset of melatonin.”

• “By looking at sunlight through a window, it’s 50, five zero, times less effective than if that window were to be open — mostly because those windows filter out a lot of the wavelengths of blue light that are essential for stimulating the eyes and this wake-up signal.”
“During phase 1 — again, within 0 to about 8 or 9 hours after waking — bright lights in your environment, in particular overhead lights, are going to facilitate focus, they’re going to facilitate further release of things like dopamine and norepinephrine and healthy amounts of cortisol.”

Watching the Sunset Reduces Late-Night Light Exposure’s Adverse Effects

“Viewing light circa sunset adjusts the sensitivity of the cells in the eye such that it buffers you against some of the negative effects of light late at night. So, I call it sort of my Netflix vaccination — I can watch some late-night movie or TV or be on my screen a little bit later provided I got some sunlight right around sunset.”

4. Once the Sun Goes Down, Dim Lights & Use Tabletop Lamps​

Why tabletop lamps? Andrew explains in this podcast clip:

• “The cells that bring in the circadian clock setting information sit in the lower half of the retina that, because of the optics of the eye, view the upper visual field.”\
  • Bright Light Exposure Between 10 PM & 4 AM Suppresses Dopamine

“Bright light exposure between the hours of about 10 PM and 4 AM, if it’s chronic, if you do it more than every once in a while, triggers a suppression of dopamine that leads to deficits in learning, deficits in mood, and a whole host of other problems, including a connection to the pancreas that starts dis-regulating blood sugar.”

UVB Light Exposure Between 10PM & 4AM Inhibits Next-Day Mood

“While UVB exposure in the morning and throughout the day is going to be very important for elevating and maintaining elevated mood, avoiding UVB light at night is actually a way in which we can prevent activation of this eye to perihabenular pathway that can actually turn on depression .. Avoid exposure to UVB light from artificial sources between the hours of 10 PM and 4 AM.”

I highly recommend you guys subscribe and follow his channel. the knowledge goes beyond what we normally see circulated in BB circles even here at PM with the brightest minds.

I LOVE this guy, I follow him on IG and listen to him every chance I get..

Currently trying what you posted above for the past couple weeks.. I want to get a cold plunge tank for myself as well to start doing those too..

I LOVE this guy, I follow him on IG and listen to him every chance I get..

Currently trying what you posted above for the past couple weeks.. I want to get a cold plunge tank for myself as well to start doing those too..
I kinda follow dr mercola protocol who publicized the benefits of heat shock/cold shock proteins long before huberman was doing his thing

sauna then RINSE quickly - then ice bath - I do cold shower since no ice bath.
heat shock (heat increases hormesis period)
  • Reparation of misfolded and damaged proteins.
  • Increased immune response.
  • Reduction of free radicals.
  • Faster muscle recovery and repair.
  • Heart protection.
  • Higher insulin production.
  • Whole-body heat stress stimulated the sympathetic nervous system and led to some of the physiologic responses that have been observed with exercise.
  • Timely heat stress might serve as an adjunct to training for people who cannot exercise as needed because of age, injury, or chronic disease
cold shock proteins:
boost norepinephrine and noradrenaline

help cells regenerate, support the immune system, improve your resilience to stress and even protect your brain.

The light activity bit fits and makes sense. I was a shift workers for years and the impact on the body was pretty awful.

The light activity bit fits and makes sense. I was a shift workers for years and the impact on the body was pretty awful.
"In response to darkness, the pineal gland begins to produce melatonin. Melatonin is a serotonin-derived hormone that promotes sleepiness. However, exposure to light blocks the production2 of melatonin. When this happens before bed or during sleep, it can interfere with the sleep-wake cycle. "

Listen to all his podcasts on mark bells power cast. They’re phenomenal

I've listened to his YouTube videos and they are super informative. I'm making a journal w different subjects such as immune, brain, focus, sleep, etc with notes from his videos. Dude goes really in depth on human body functions.

Jew friend 😂

Being cognizant of light exposure and sauna/cold shower combos are super interesting physiologically. This guy is a wealth of information for sure!

And apparently he had some personal experience with Mentzer which was really cool to hear about!!

it always shocks me how things that seem like basic common sense, when said by a dr in a wordy fashion become revelations.
is life that much of a mystery?
Yeah I guess sometimes people need reminders. I've been preaching this to my wife and son for years, but it's so easy to be watching something with the family and it 'creeps' later and later past 9 pm. It's an easy trap to fall into. Then lay in bed and read shit on your phone, etc.

So many bad habits created by modern technology and lifestyles.

Yeah I guess sometimes people need reminders. I've been preaching this to my wife and son for years, but it's so easy to be watching something with the family and it 'creeps' later and later past 9 pm. It's an easy trap to fall into. Then lay in bed and read shit on your phone, etc.

So many bad habits created by modern technology and lifestyles.

no electronics in the bed room bro. not tv. no phones at night. i dont look at shit on the phone anyway.

get sun at various hours. dont wear sunglasses outside. do wear sunglasses in the grow room. walk. eat. eat. exercise. etc. lol

im not trying to be negative on shit. ive heard this guy before but in all hoensty i shut it off or really just dont bother listening to people talk about things that i already know. if you dont know things learning is great, but spoon feeding is what brings us to all these modern dilemas.

no electronics in the bed room bro. not tv. no phones at night. i dont look at shit on the phone anyway.

get sun at various hours. dont wear sunglasses outside. do wear sunglasses in the grow room. walk. eat. eat. exercise. etc. lol

im not trying to be negative on shit. ive heard this guy before but in all hoensty i shut it off or really just dont bother listening to people talk about things that i already know. if you dont know things learning is great, but spoon feeding is what brings us to all these modern dilemas.

You are 100%. These are all things we are already aware of or at least should be. But for myself, I do like hearing these things as reaffirmation. Nice little reminder to get your shit together. For me its the phone use, I'll answer emails until 30-45 mins before bed and I know I shouldn't be.

Seeing the sunlight first thing in the morning does nothing but make the PTSD rage all damn day for me..too much TBI

I wake up and start my day at 4am even though I don’t usually get to work until 2pm. I need those hours of darkness.

Of course, I’m really fucked up and in no way does this apply to anyone lol

i just dont have the fukin time nor the patience to listed to a 3 fucken hour or 4 hr podcast its redunculous...they need to start cutting that shit down into 3 partitions....i got some head phones but ffs.... just get to the summary and let me try it all already

Of course I had no idea about the science behind it but I discovered this already as a teen. First thing upon waking, I opened the window and enjoyed the sunlight for a few minutes. Made a huge difference for the rest of the day for my mood and energy.

He's really great at breaking down complex topics into useable and easy to follow instructions for the average person. Wealth of knowledge in his podcasts.

Just started listening to some of Dr. Andrew Huberman's podcasts. Very impressed, he knows his shit and throws it out there in layman's terms.

i just dont have the fukin time nor the patience to listed to a 3 fucken hour or 4 hr podcast its redunculous...they need to start cutting that shit down into 3 partitions....i got some head phones but ffs.... just get to the summary and let me try it all already
i agree and disagree here lol but yes so much of it can be consolidated rather than flowering it all up with pretty words and adjectives
i like huberman alot but he's not the alpha and the omega nor close, he's more of an enigma, and not in the jordan peterson caliber type way , i study a lot of dr berg instead , he is a WIZ, and lots from the HOOVER institute led by Condoleezza rice

i have the luxury of working for myself and have lectures on 24/ 7 obsessively for about a decade , not just health and fitness but vast realms and expansive fields of research, having a near photographic memory helps

Just started listening to some of Dr. Andrew Huberman's podcasts. Very impressed, he knows his shit and throws it out there in layman's terms.
What's your take on Huberman down playing some scientists involvement with Epstein and visitation to his island?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131