over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Berry says statins don’t work!

Yes, I was caught by the "starting after about 6 years of treatment" portion. I pretty much scrolled past at that point.
Coronary artery calcification (CAC) is predictive of total atherosclerotic burden, risk of cardiovascular, and all-cause mortality. Recent data indicates that statins alone increase atherosclerotic calcification. Therefore, DURATION of statin therapy is associated with increased CAC score.

Over prescribed for sure, but some still need them (Familial issues, very bad Trigs, etc)...

Over 50% of heart attack victims have low to moderate cholesterol levels. I believe clogging of the arteries is mostly caused by high glucose/insulin levels as seen in diabetics and pre diabetics. I also believe chronic high blood pressure can damage the endothelium—allowing plaque build up to occur.
NOTE: Statins increase the rate of calcification inside the arteries.
Check out Dr. Nadir Ali on You Tube. He worked in a cath lab for many years. He's seen heart disease in patients with good cholesterol numbers. He's also seen patients with high cholesterol and clear healthy arteries.

Check out Dr. Nadir Ali on You Tube. He worked in a cath lab for many years. He's seen heart disease in patients with good cholesterol numbers. He's also seen patients with high cholesterol and clear healthy arteries.
I’ve seen his videos and it falls in line with what Dr.Berry is saying. That’s why I believe damage to the endothelium (inner lining of the arteries) is the main culprit of heart disease, not high cholesterol. Diabetes and chronic high blood pressure seem to be what damages the endothelium the most—encouraging plaque build up in the arteries.

Required by whom?
Medical protocols, the hospital, his profession. If he didn't recommend them and things went badly he would have gone against accepted standard treatment and that can always lead to litigation.

Medical protocols, the hospital, his profession. If he didn't recommend them and things went badly he would have gone against accepted standard treatment and that can always lead to litigation.
Big Pharma controls most doctors. We witnessed that with the virus. And doctors get money from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing certain drugs, especially brand named ones.

I’ve seen his videos and it falls in line with what Dr.Berry is saying. That’s why I believe damage to the endothelium (inner lining of the arteries) is the main culprit of heart disease, not high cholesterol. Diabetes and chronic high blood pressure seem to be what damages the endothelium the most—encouraging plaque build up in the arteries.
And i agree with that. But it seems that modern medicine thinks once that happens lowering cholesterol is the solution along with lowering blood sugar and BP. It is a shame that modern medicine is not proactive. But they barely have time to deal with sick people. Each person can choose to be proactive if they want but most don't want to do the long term work.
One of my favorite studies with 12-8 million people show that those with cholesterol levels of 200-210 seems to live longer then those with low levels.

Big Pharma controls most doctors. We witnessed that with the virus. And doctors get money from pharmaceutical companies for prescribing certain drugs, especially brand named ones.
That's against the law. I have a buddy who's a drug rep, he's barely able to even bring lunches to do educational talks these days.
I think most of the illegal money making stuff some shady docs do is fraudulent billing w insurance companies. Pretty sure that can actually get you locked up. Not sure what happens if they got caught taking kickbacks from a pharma rep but would probably lose their license

That's against the law. I have a buddy who's a drug rep, he's barely able to even bring lunches to do educational talks these days.
I think most of the illegal money making stuff some shady docs do is fraudulent billing w insurance companies. Pretty sure that can actually get you locked up. Not sure what happens if they got caught taking kickbacks from a pharma rep but would probably lose their license
They don't have to give the Dr money. If the Dr. prescribe enough pills etc. They hire him at a high rate of pay or compensate him vacations to do a short talk at one of the symposiums.

To me, this is the most comprehensive breakdown of the data.

It may be against the law but there are loopholes and back doors around it. The rules have a changed a lot of the years, as it used to be 100% legal to pamper the hell out of the doctors in order to get them to write Rx's for their drugs. They have tightened up the screws so that it isn't obvious and straightforward any more. But there are still legal ways around it and there always will be!

I have asked 2 cardiologist that i have see, how much longer on the average does a person live once they start taking statins and neither had any answer. And as big pharma has tracked heart attack rates for decades they should have an idea about life expectancy. And if it was in their best interest i would think they would publish those numbers. I know a study i saw a few years ago looking at one manufacturers statin showed that when they upped the dose there was less heart attacks but life expectance went down on the higher dose as more people got cancer.

Over prescribed for sure, but some still need them (Familial issues, very bad Trigs, etc)...
I find it interesting that some “blood pressure” medications can increase both triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Fibrates are better at lowering triglycerides than statins. Niacin is a more natural way to lower triglycerides. Consuming too many fats and especially sugar increases triglycerides. Drinking alcohol in excess can also increases triglycerides.

I find it interesting that some “blood pressure” medications can increase both triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Fibrates are better at lowering triglycerides than statins. Niacin is a more natural way to lower triglycerides. Consuming too many fats and especially sugar increases triglycerides. Drinking alcohol in excess can also increases triglycerides.

Which Bp meds do this?

fibrates lower triglycerides but haven't shown a reduction in deaths like statins have, likely because Apo B is the most important of the cardiac blood tests along with Lp(a) and fibrates don't lower Apo B. Also I am not aware of any BP meds increasing trigs or lipids?

Which Bp meds do this?
Older beta blockers, such as propranolol (Inderal, Innopran XL), atenolol (Tenormin) and metoprolol (Kapspargo Sprinkle, Lopressor, Toprol-XL), and atenolol (Tenormin). And diuretics such as Hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide) which are prescribed for high blood pressure. Newer beta blockers are less likely to affect cholesterol.

fibrates lower triglycerides but haven't shown a reduction in deaths like statins have, likely because Apo B is the most important of the cardiac blood tests along with Lp(a) and fibrates don't lower Apo B. Also I am not aware of any BP meds increasing trigs or lipids?
Yes, apoB is supposedly the more accurate marker of cardiovascular risk, as apoB can identify elevated numbers of small cholesterol. But there’s also arguments against this theory as well. That said, at least four studies have shown a lack of an association between LDL-C and degree of atherosclerosis and coronary calcification. Some doctors believe if high LDL was the major cause of atherosclerosis and heart disease, people with the highest LDL should have shorter lives than people with low values. However, in a recent systematic review of 19 cohort studies including more than 68,000 elderly people (>60 years of age), they found the opposite to be true. There’s still a lot we don’t know about the human body.

Yes, apoB is supposedly the more accurate marker of cardiovascular risk, as apoB can identify elevated numbers of small cholesterol. But there’s also arguments against this theory as well. That said, at least four studies have shown a lack of an association between LDL-C and degree of atherosclerosis and coronary calcification. Some doctors believe if high LDL was the major cause of atherosclerosis and heart disease, people with the highest LDL should have shorter lives than people with low values. However, in a recent systematic review of 19 cohort studies including more than 68,000 elderly people (>60 years of age), they found the opposite to be true. There’s still a lot we don’t know about the human body.
And specifically a lot we dont know abt lipidology. Actually really fascinating to read abt because i feel like genuinely new things to be discovered in the human body are fairly rare. Like i wanna go back to the time it was like "Eureka! I've discovered blood pressure!" (the dude cutting into horses' carotids and measuring the pressure)
The most convincing thing I've read recently is abt particle size and particle count being much more important than total cholesterol. Given a similar total cholesterol value a person w smaller and therefore more particles has a higher risk of plaque formation/infiltration into the endothelia because of the increased concentration gradient and probably even just the small particles "squeezing" in easier

I believe the biggest argument against taking statins is that they do NOT reduce SMALL LDL cholesterol which supposedly stick in the arterial wall, statins only increase LARGE LDL which supposedly do NOT stick in the arterial wall—causing plaque build up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws