over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the Joe Rogan podcast

seriously the sauna thing...
listen to that.
most is goan be a result of life style.. i mean for real what kinda guy spend THAT much time in the sauna.. lets be real. i cant sit still for ten mins on my comfy cough, fuck a suana.
One of the sauna paper she's quoting is titled, "Endocrine Effects of Repeated Sauna Bathing." 1984. J Leppaluoto.

It showed a 16 fold increase in serum GH levels. Now, the duration of sauna exposure was extensive. 2 hours daily for 7 days. Would that translate into increased muscle mass? Would those levels return to baseline? Is this dose dependent, meaning could we expect some of the benefits without that time commitment? Hard to answer from that alone. But if you're not at least a little intrigued...

Can't trust those UCSF people ;-)

Ok i think many people are misunderstanding the literature and mechanism of action on this, so much so that im in my office and taking a break from real work to address this.

I may have to read Rhonda's position on this but i really think people are misunderstanding the data including her position from what i can understand by what people are posting. Lets assume for a moment I take glucagon... what is gonna happen..my glucose levels are going to rise... now lets say I am just chilling in my office with my now elevated glucose levels.. what is gonna happen.. pretty soon my insulin levels are gonna rise in response. Now the insulin is gonna be competed against from the glucagon ( a bit more complicated then this but trying to make it basic).

To me this is a good thing for us! We have glucose in our blood stream and in the presence of increased cAMP and a bunch of other crap that happens when we have caffeine like FAA in our blood stream we can now use our muscle glut receptors to grab that shit and burn it during our "fasted cardio".

This is a major difference between someone who is gonna burn those free glucose molecules and FFA vs someone who is gonna increase there blood glucose levels and sit down and watch the news. In the latter long term i could decrease insulin sensitivity from the elevated insulin ( and glucose levels)

There is so much misinformation regarding diabetic literature that bbers and nutrition experts have backwards...like apple cider vinegar that i showed years ago was silly from our perspective ( but good for diabetics).

She's speaking on the activation of different hepatic enzymes via xenobiotics from the caffeine in coffee, therefore would technically speaking "break a fast" on a molecular level. To some this is overwhelming news, yet it's not critical IMO.

On the surface, people are still losing weight by drinking coffee during a fasted state.

Both coffee and fasting are geared towards autophagy activity in which most are interested in achieving. Or so I'd like to think.

In the end, Ronda is extremely brilliant. I've followed her for quite some time now.

Last edited:
One of the sauna paper she's quoting is titled, "Endocrine Effects of Repeated Sauna Bathing." 1984. J Leppaluoto.

It showed a 16 fold increase in serum GH levels. Now, the duration of sauna exposure was extensive. 2 hours daily for 7 days. Would that translate into increased muscle mass? Would those levels return to baseline? Is this dose dependent, meaning could we expect some of the benefits without that time commitment? Hard to answer from that alone. But if you're not at least a little intrigued...

Don't have answers to these questions.

...tho

There was some recent (and past) studies done on reduced hypertension-Sauna bathing.

Francesco Zaccardi, Tanjaniina Laukkanen, Peter Willeit, Setor K. Kunutsor, Jussi Kauhanen, Jari A. Laukkanen. Sauna Bathing and Incident Hypertension: A Prospective Cohort Study. American Journal of Hypertension, 2017; DOI:

Last edited:

lol
no, not in anyway.

dude... wow! a 16 fold increase in gh...
what does resistance training do?

it just isnt applicable, especially around here.
shit how much does exo gh/peptides etc or even test effect this?

do you have 2 hrs a day for the suana?
how is that applicable to anyone further more why?

i bet there are many more efficient methods.

but hey if you think the sauna is gona have a greater impact then the gym, go for it! lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws