over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr says Shoulder unfix able?

Looks like, from watching that video, that the surgery is only meant for those that have a normal glenoid fossa. Is your's ok and it is just your humerus that is worn down?

I would say both. He said bone on bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The surgery is not cheap but my insurance paid for everything. I would add the rehab i.e. stretching multiple times a day from day one is not pleasant. But I have more mobility and strengh then guys that have had minor shoulder surgery but did little rehab. The University does have a service for people that are traveling from a distance. I am part of a long term study on the procedure.

That’s speaks a lot for the surgery

I would say both. He said bone on bone.

I would think then that they would have to put some kind of sleeve or surface in the glenoid fossa then otherwise it would be that metal on the humerus rubbing with the bone on your scapula.

I would think then that they would have to put some kind of sleeve or surface in the glenoid fossa then otherwise it would be that metal on the humerus rubbing with the bone on your scapula.

I called my dr yesterday to run the options by him.

The ream part of the "ream and run" reams the inside of the glenoid and they microfracture it. Allowing stem cells(I belive) that cause a thin fibrous coating over the bone giving it some protection.. My glenoid was mostly gone they mentioned another year or so the procedure might not have been an option. Many Dr's will do the partial replacement as they know people like lifters will continue to lift and destroy a full replacement.

Make sure you get a second opinion and remember: an orthopedic surgeon wants to help you and he only knows one way, surgery. There might be other options or other types of solutions from different surgeons, maybe even see a good physiatrist. A good physiatrist will be able to tell you exactly what your options are.

A hobby is a sacred thing, hobbies define people, for many, their work or their family is their hobby. Some people have lots of them, others have one, I don't understand people who don't have any.

if social media and Facebook are a hobby then my wife and 1 billion other people all have a hobby:(
-F2S

Man I don’t think that my genetic are week. 28 year of banging heavy weights. 209 I won raw nationals at my lights weight ever. I was ranked 3 that year on powerlifting watch. It spans the entire world.

https://youtu.be/_XRnmS8Ht8k

Hobby? Is that what u call a full lifetime dedicated to what someone loves. A hobby?

Best evidence right here to find another hobby and/or move on from this. Stay fit and all that but if you feel the need to compete, it shouldnt be in anything bodybuilding or powerlifting related. I think you reached alot of goals and can/should be satisfied.

I am riddled with injuries and i KNOW i wont ever look as good as i did before the injuries and i am aging in my 40's now... The shipped has sailed. and thats OK! I met my goals and i think you met alot of yours. Pick something else to make your hobby and you will feel alot better.

I now enjoy (actually i LOVE) drag racing. It replaced my need/want of competing in bbing when i really shouldnt. Drag racing has alot in common with bodybulding: expensive, can kill you, competitive, different classes, endless things to learn....

So, now i still work out and aim to stay in shape and look best i can BUT also be healthy. Its more fun now cuz i dont go into gym wishing this or wishing that. i just do my workout cuz it keeps me looking good. It is the dragway where i am intense ready to learn and/or smoke someone off the line.

Another cool thing about picking another hobby, almost EVERYONE will enjoy you doing ANTHING else besides bbing and/or powerlifting. No one but the involved give a damn about these sports imo. i couldnt get ANYONE to come watch me compete in bbing. Hell, i have friends ASKING me when am i gonna be racing again so they can come watch. why did i ever bb:banghead:
-F2S

I think bodybuilding is a hobby you can enjoy for life, even with injuries. It's about self-improvement and there are always areas you can improve in, at any age.

Best evidence right here to find another hobby and/or move on from this. Stay fit and all that but if you feel the need to compete, it shouldnt be in anything bodybuilding or powerlifting related. I think you reached alot of goals and can/should be satisfied.

I am riddled with injuries and i KNOW i wont ever look as good as i did before the injuries and i am aging in my 40's now... The shipped has sailed. and thats OK! I met my goals and i think you met alot of yours. Pick something else to make your hobby and you will feel alot better.

I now enjoy (actually i LOVE) drag racing. It replaced my need/want of competing in bbing when i really shouldnt. Drag racing has alot in common with bodybulding: expensive, can kill you, competitive, different classes, endless things to learn....

So, now i still work out and aim to stay in shape and look best i can BUT also be healthy. Its more fun now cuz i dont go into gym wishing this or wishing that. i just do my workout cuz it keeps me looking good. It is the dragway where i am intense ready to learn and/or smoke someone off the line.

Another cool thing about picking another hobby, almost EVERYONE will enjoy you doing ANTHING else besides bbing and/or powerlifting. No one but the involved give a damn about these sports imo. i couldnt get ANYONE to come watch me compete in bbing. Hell, i have friends ASKING me when am i gonna be racing again so they can come watch. why did i ever bb:banghead:
-F2S

I recall u saying the same think in (aversive bulking ) that u don’t look as good as u did in your 30s. It really settled in when I google d that video. I was close to the same weight I am now but I sure look better then. And I would say I used way less gear too. I’m have been a huge bow hunter all my life and one of my biggest fear is that one day I won’t be able to do that anymore especially if I keep pushing my luck. Do u even cycle anymore?

The ream part of the "ream and run" reams the inside of the glenoid and they microfracture it. Allowing stem cells(I belive) that cause a thin fibrous coating over the bone giving it some protection.. My glenoid was mostly gone they mentioned another year or so the procedure might not have been an option. Many Dr's will do the partial replacement as they know people like lifters will continue to lift and destroy a full replacement.

Exactly what my Dr said. U will screw it up and your top young. It s interesting how it forms a coating

It's an addiction, an obsession.
Once it's in your blood, it's a hard thing to step away from.
More addicting than anything I've ever known!
Despite multiple injuries, surgeries...pain, I find myself returning to a loaded bar again and again.
I know this doesn't help but sometimes it's comforting to know your not the only one.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKc6ffFwSu0"]Powerlifting Motivation - OBSESSION | BEST Motivational VIDEO - YouTube[/ame]

Sent all my paper work into them. Waiting for the team to decide if I’m what they are looking for. How long did it take you to get your size back. Or even be able to train again. I see they say 3 months, one pound restriction[emoji856]fick

Sent all my paper work into them. Waiting for the team to decide if I’m what they are looking for. How long did it take you to get your size back. Or even be able to train again. I see they say 3 months, one pound restriction[emoji856]fick

I was back in the gym training after 8 days. Several sports orthopedic surgeons I've talked to have said that as long as you keep training the strong side the nerve impulses sent down the side of the injured arm helps keeps it from atrophying. 3 months later I had spine surgery as I figured it was going going to be a down year. All told I lost 10-12 pounds. Over the next few months I gained 5 pounds back once I started training the injured side. The next ten pounds was mostly fat as I worried more about upping the weight as opposed to working the muscle and ate badly. I haven't tried to get my poundage up to my old levels. So all told I am am down 10-15 pounds of muscle over the last 5 years. But after almost 40 years of working out I figure i probably peaked awhile ago.

I was back in the gym training after 8 days. Several sports orthopedic surgeons I've talked to have said that as long as you keep training the strong side the nerve impulses sent down the side of the injured arm helps keeps it from atrophying. 3 months later I had spine surgery as I figured it was going going to be a down year. All told I lost 10-12 pounds. Over the next few months I gained 5 pounds back once I started training the injured side. The next ten pounds was mostly fat as I worried more about upping the weight as opposed to working the muscle and ate badly. I haven't tried to get my poundage up to my old levels. So all told I am am down 10-15 pounds of muscle over the last 5 years. But after almost 40 years of working out I figure i probably peaked awhile ago.

That’s awesome. So u stared training one side of your body 8 days later. How long before u went into any work on the surgery side

That’s awesome. So u stared training one side of your body 8 days later. How long before u went into any work on the surgery side

You start doing stretches supposedly 4 times a day the day after surgery as I remember. I usually got in at least 3. I would be more worn out then if I had done a leg work out. The Dr.s are well aware that driven peple will being doing more then they tell them to. The shooting pain in your shoulder will let you know if you are doing to much. They detach 1 muscle to do the surgery so as long as you don't strain that one you aren't really doing any damage. To be honest the pain is enough that being crazy and doing to much really wasn't anything I wanted to do. I started just lifting my arm as far as I could then worked up to can of soup. Struggling to do some reps with 5 pound dumbells was humbling. I was a couple weeks ahead of what the Dr's schedule was , but didn't push the envelope as much as I have for other surgeries. As i said I had my spine fused 3 months after the shoulder surgery so I probably would have gotten back to the heavier weights sooner but the back surgery slowed recovery down. And I took 10 days off from the gym for that one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity