over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr says Shoulder unfix able?

powerof2

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I had my first surgery in 2001. There were 3 pieces of bone the size of a jellybean. Floating around. He removed them said the shoulder was starting to defragment. I was making a push for masters national this year. Back in September it became very clear that I was loosing a great amount of size, mobility and with the pain I had enough. I went into the best shoulder Dr in my area. He only took X-rays. He said the only thing he could do to fix it was a full replacement. Now that’s not a option. I asked if there were other things I could do. He said honestly not much. There is no cartilage left.
Has anyone know anyone in this situation?
What can be done to get by until one is older and can slow down? IMG_1727.jpeg IMG_1729.jpeg IMG_1726.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is fixable. full replacement will fix it.
its right there in your post.

it is fixable. full replacement will fix it.

its right there in your post.

It leaves me with a 25# weight restriction for life. And the replacement only last 15 years. As for now when it wears out there isn’t a second replacement available. Definitely not a option

Sorry to hear that mate. Sometimes life throws nothing but bad choices at you. You can consult with another surgeon, but there's probably no way around replacement.

There's some out there, unproven things that some people will suggest in this thread. Stem cell injections etc. None of that stuff works though, don't let them prey on your desperation.

X-rays don't look good. Severe DJD, and yes, bone on bone it looks like in two of the views.

A guy I know in Chiro school was tboned on his motorcycle. That accident was the catalyst for severe unilateral DJD in his hip. The ortho's were talking about hip replacement, he was only 45 years old at the time. On his own, he sought out a doc who would prescribe him HGH and preform DEEP intra-articular injections into the femoral acetabular joint to prevent surgery and further degeneration. They were extremely painful and needed a wheel chair for a few days post injection. It was working last I spoke to him. He has yet to finish school due to all the time off. Something to look into.

Time to take up another hobby.

Some people's genetic constitution is weak and not cut out for this sport.

Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

I had a partial replacement about 6 years ago. So you could check into that. There is differing approaches I belive. I had the "Ream and Run" procedure done at the U of Washington. Considering the alternative I am happy with the results. I am careful about which lifts I do and only use the amount or weight you see most everyone else using for the most part. No more being superman.

I had a partial replacement about 6 years ago. So you could check into that. There is differing approaches I belive. I had the "Ream and Run" procedure done at the U of Washington. Considering the alternative I am happy with the results. I am careful about which lifts I do and only use the amount or weight you see most everyone else using for the most part. No more being superman.

Thanks man I’ll research it. So u can still some what keep some size

X-rays don't look good. Severe DJD, and yes, bone on bone it looks like in two of the views.

A guy I know in Chiro school was tboned on his motorcycle. That accident was the catalyst for severe unilateral DJD in his hip. The ortho's were talking about hip replacement, he was only 45 years old at the time. On his own, he sought out a doc who would prescribe him HGH and preform DEEP intra-articular injections into the femoral acetabular joint to prevent surgery and further degeneration. They were extremely painful and needed a wheel chair for a few days post injection. It was working last I spoke to him. He has yet to finish school due to all the time off. Something to look into.

Definitely check into it. Thank you.

Time to take up another hobby.

Some people's genetic constitution is weak and not cut out for this sport.

Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes.

Man I don’t think that my genetic are week. 28 year of banging heavy weights. 209 I won raw nationals at my lights weight ever. I was ranked 3 that year on powerlifting watch. It spans the entire world.

https://youtu.be/_XRnmS8Ht8k

Hobby? Is that what u call a full lifetime dedicated to what someone loves. A hobby?

I wasn't disrespecting you in any way so don't be insulted.

I know that banging heavy weights definitely for long periods takes it toll.

Yes, for all of us who are not pros, it is a hobby, a serious hobby I get that.

But as you know, your shoulders are effected by everything.

It's difficult to do, trust me I know, but look at it as a positive.

Just be super fit. You'll feel better in so may ways. Plus healthier.

Lower your BMI which at this point will be your best option I believe.

You'll still look good!

I wasn't disrespecting you in any way so don't be insulted.

I know that banging heavy weights definitely for long periods takes it toll.

Yes, for all of us who are not pros, it is a hobby, a serious hobby I get that.

But as you know, your shoulders are effected by everything.

It's difficult to do, trust me I know, but look at it as a positive.

Just be super fit. You'll feel better in so may ways. Plus healthier.

Lower your BMI which at this point will be your best option I believe.

You'll still look good!

As much as I hate to admit it Your probably right. It’s so dam hard to back down even when u know ur health in the future is being effected. That goes for gear is too. Dam mindset/sickness we have.

Funny story. A good friend of mine went to a doctors and was honest with him when the dr told him what he had to do to help him out. The dr got pissed and said “ you dam guys doing this shit to your body. This treatment is for sick people. Not your type. He replied doc. I’m as sick as it gets. Listed off the shit we do in order to accomplish what we do when we know the cost. We truly are sick.

Make sure you get a second opinion and remember: an orthopedic surgeon wants to help you and he only knows one way, surgery. There might be other options or other types of solutions from different surgeons, maybe even see a good physiatrist. A good physiatrist will be able to tell you exactly what your options are.

Man I don’t think that my genetic are week. 28 year of banging heavy weights. 209 I won raw nationals at my lights weight ever. I was ranked 3 that year on powerlifting watch. It spans the entire world.

https://youtu.be/_XRnmS8Ht8k

Hobby? Is that what u call a full lifetime dedicated to what someone loves. A hobby?

A hobby is a sacred thing, hobbies define people, for many, their work or their family is their hobby. Some people have lots of them, others have one, I don't understand people who don't have any.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPi9jLftdE"]Minimally Invasive Shoulder Surgery - HemiCAP Arthroplasty - YouTube[/ame]

Bet you know this guy...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H54ohk8egg"]Powerlifting Legend Louie Simmons, A Shoulder HemiCAP Patient, Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks man I’ll research it. So u can still some what keep some size

I got up to 100lb dumbells for chest , and one arm rows etc. But it left the shoulders achy. So I backed down and use more reps train more often. I challenge myself with trying to train well and not accruing more injuries. It isn't as fun but challenging myself to do what I should as opposed to what I want can be tough.

It isn't as fun but challenging myself to do what I should as opposed to what I want can be tough.

This is a lesson hard learned that I've recently discovered myself.

As much as I hate to admit it Your probably right. It’s so dam hard to back down even when u know ur health in the future is being effected. That goes for gear is too. Dam mindset/sickness we have.

we realize it, some of us anyways. we battle those inner-demons. to know when to stop, when enough is enough. no one besides people like us understand the mindset. unfortunately places like this can create environments/false senses of security to continue on when we know deep inside its time to change. the addiction is real. I wish you the best.

I got up to 100lb dumbells for chest , and one arm rows etc. But it left the shoulders achy. So I backed down and use more reps train more often. I challenge myself with trying to train well and not accruing more injuries. It isn't as fun but challenging myself to do what I should as opposed to what I want can be tough.

I looked into that surgery I’m trying to find someone closer to Montana but looking like washing is the best. I’m going to get with my insurance and see if it is approved. Was yours

I looked into that surgery I’m trying to find someone closer to Montana but looking like washing is the best. I’m going to get with my insurance and see if it is approved. Was yours

Looks like, from watching that video, that the surgery is only meant for those that have a normal glenoid fossa. Is your's ok and it is just your humerus that is worn down?

The surgery is not cheap but my insurance paid for everything. I would add the rehab i.e. stretching multiple times a day from day one is not pleasant. But I have more mobility and strengh then guys that have had minor shoulder surgery but did little rehab. The University does have a service for people that are traveling from a distance. I am part of a long term study on the procedure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131