over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Thomas O'Connor on Heart Health & Steroids

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 106824

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKysBK2HHJA&list=WL&index=13"]In The Clinic - Heart Health & Steroids, Signs and Prevention with Dr. Thomas O'Connor. - YouTube[/ame]

Figured I'd share this...a few people on this board know Dr. O'Connor, I've talked to him before briefly. He's a bit eccentric but one of the few qualified doctors out there on this topic. He's more conservative than most here (obviously) but I think it's a good refresher for a lot of people

I'm sure GotGame would agree with his recommendations on prophylactically taking ACEi and Statin medications

Good vid. Thank you for posting. Ya, he's kinda a weirdo but does put some good stuff out there. Was fairly popular 4-6 years ago but haven't really seen/heard much from him in recent years.

I know he's always pushed statins. For me, I've had mixed feelings about that topic. I used to be staunchly against them but lately I have been re-evaluating my stance on them especially after a post on a thread a while back that said something to the effect of" "hey, we as anabolic users use medications to control estrogen, hair loss, BP, etc, etc but when it comes to cholesterol everyone wants to use natural methods". I'm starting to think that a low dose statin a couple times a week might me an ok idea while blasting. If your cruising and your HDL is 40+ and LDL is under 100 I really don't think they are needed but on a blast where HDL drops and LDL rises it would be useful to balance out the ratios. I don't think they'll give you a bump in HDL but keeping the LDL lower will help the ratio.

On another note, I did happen to have the statin convo with an old college friend who is an emergency room Dr. He is very much against the use of them unless your LDL is horrible. He felt if your HDL was under 130 and total under 200 you're fine. I know Docs love to prescribe them for anyone with an LDL over 100-110. He said that cholesterol is the building block off all hormones and suppressing it long term isn't good unless your triglycerides, glucose, etc sucks and your in shitty overall health. I ran my idea by him about using a low dose statin while blasting gear and he thought that could have some merit.

Good vid. Thank you for posting. Ya, he's kinda a weirdo but does put some good stuff out there. Was fairly popular 4-6 years ago but haven't really seen/heard much from him in recent years.

I know he's always pushed statins. For me, I've had mixed feelings about that topic. I used to be staunchly against them but lately I have been re-evaluating my stance on them especially after a post on a thread a while back that said something to the effect of" "hey, we as anabolic users use medications to control estrogen, hair loss, BP, etc, etc but when it comes to cholesterol everyone wants to use natural methods". I'm starting to think that a low dose statin a couple times a week might me an ok idea while blasting. If your cruising and your HDL is 40+ and LDL is under 100 I really don't think they are needed but on a blast where HDL drops and LDL rises it would be useful to balance out the ratios. I don't think they'll give you a bump in HDL but keeping the LDL lower will help the ratio.

On another note, I did happen to have the statin convo with an old college friend who is an emergency room Dr. He is very much against the use of them unless your LDL is horrible. He felt if your HDL was under 130 and total under 200 you're fine. I know Docs love to prescribe them for anyone with an LDL over 100-110. He said that cholesterol is the building block off all hormones and suppressing it long term isn't good unless your triglycerides, glucose, etc sucks and your in shitty overall health. I ran my idea by him about using a low dose statin while blasting gear and he thought that could have some merit.

My thoughts are that I don't think having a temporarily weak lipid panel is enough of an emergency to make statins worthwhile. I know the legendary gotgame might come in here and say otherwise but hey, I've read a lot of bad things about statins and seen enough evidence showing lipids and heart disease don't really coincide to make me stay away. My 2 cents.

My thoughts are that I don't think having a temporarily weak lipid panel is enough of an emergency to make statins worthwhile. I know the legendary gotgame might come in here and say otherwise but hey, I've read a lot of bad things about statins and seen enough evidence showing lipids and heart disease don't really coincide to make me stay away. My 2 cents.

lmao not legendary. Just guy like everyone else here who hits the gym for 20+ years and likes to be jacked but with a few too many years of education.

Ive posted enough about statins and people can make their own choices. I will leave you with this blood work from my personal friend.

He did a cycle of dbol x 4 weeks, test 750mg/wk x 16 weeks and some GH throughout.

He got blood work done before, at week 8, 16 and then 2 months after last inject. ( i pretty much made him do it lol)

Total chol/HDL
Before: 182/ 55
week 8: 246/14
week 16: 214/26
2 months post: 188/36

Notice the HDL being low the entire time because he took the dbol and my best guess is the androgrens from the higher levels of test prevented the HDL recovery. So for 24 weeks his HDL hasnt been good and for at least 16 weeks his total chol has been elevated.

This is just one example but ive seen many. Last year he did something similar and took 4 months off between and then he ran test/tren for 8 weeks which i imagine screwed him up again. So last year i bet only 3-4 months did he have "normal" lipids but he thought it was going to be normal for almost all the time except the 4 weeks he was on dbol and maybe some of the time he was on tren...

lmao not legendary. Just guy like everyone else here who hits the gym for 20+ years and likes to be jacked but with a few too many years of education.

Ive posted enough about statins and people can make their own choices. I will leave you with this blood work from my personal friend.

He did a cycle of dbol x 4 weeks, test 750mg/wk x 16 weeks and some GH throughout.

He got blood work done before, at week 8, 16 and then 2 months after last inject. ( i pretty much made him do it lol)

Total chol/HDL

Notice the HDL being low the entire time because he took the dbol and my best guess is the androgrens from the higher levels of test prevented the HDL recovery. So for 24 weeks his HDL hasnt been good and for at least 16 weeks his total chol has been elevated.

This is just one example but ive seen many. Last year he did something similar and took 4 months off between and then he ran test/tren for 8 weeks which i imagine screwed him up again. So last year i bet only 3-4 months did he have "normal" lipids but he thought it was going to be normal for almost all the time except the 4 weeks he was on dbol and maybe some of the time he was on tren...
GG when you see stuff like this you think fuck should I be really running anything else other then what my body makes which is test lol!

I am running 50 mg Anadrol preworkout atm only 4 days a week on training days, thats it. I usually dont do orals. very very rare ( I am well aware you are against fucking with HDL fullstop and do not advocate oral use)with test and 250 eq.

Whats going to be my HDL like ? in the toilet right

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Total chol/HDL

Gotgame,

So, your recommendation or what you would do is to run a small dose of statins during cycle? Would crestor be your preference? Small dose, 3 x per week??

Dr. Thomas O'Connor on Heart Health & Steroids

GG you will always be legendary to me [emoji106]

Total chol/HDL

:( thats some low HDL basically cut the orals out , or minimize them, or take them only on workout days. That said, if hdl is low best to just cut orals altogether

Good info thanks for the post. Pax

Total chol/HDL

GG you will always be legendary to me [emoji106]
GG is Captain America from Trumpland on a worldwide mission to save...

kidneys from blowing up
hearts from exploding
prostates from enlarging
testicles from shrinking

one hell of a sidewallcrackingmotherfucker doctor

All hail to the mighty GotGame

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member