over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

drama at work

dorian123

Registered
Just wondering how some of you guys deal with drama at work?

I just started a new job last week (I do construction) I do a lot of traveling for my job-been doing it for 15 years now. Seems like every where I go there is always drama...I know your always going to get that. But I was wondering how you guys deal with it.

I try my best to stay out of it but if your somewhere long enough they will drag you into it. Best thing I try to do is keep my mouth shut and do my job but sometimes it's not that cut and dry with these guys.

What do you guys do?

I became an entrepreneur and hire sub-contractors to do a percentage of the work that I do not want to fulfill. There is low/no drama between myself and my subcontractors when they're not fulfilling the work means they're not getting paid. :)

Best thing I try to do is keep my mouth shut and do my job

What do you guys do?

:yeahthat:

You have the answer already. Not sure how old you are, however that philosophy will serve you well in all facets of life.

Last edited:
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

yeah that :) or if you're able to and in a position to do so, start firing people, slow the timeline of the project down, regroup/reassemble a new team, finish project. Move on.

If it's construction, then just laugh it off.

There is drama - laugh it off

They make fun of you - laugh it off.

if they don't get a reaction out of you, they will find someone else.

I worked construction for years, I know how it can be.

I know been at this for 15 years

Know what your saying just wondering how some of you guys deal with it

Gets old after awhile-best part of all the shit is I'm getting paid to put up with it
there's something wrong with every job

I don't know what form of drama it is, but typically work drama revolves around someone not doing their job and others taking up the slack. I kept my mouth shut about that stuff at my old job and grew to hate it. At my current job the same thing happened. Someone didn't want to do all their work so you know who ended up doing it. After a few months and told my boss I was done with helping lazy people. He ended up firing the guy, because I was more valuable to him.

I'm in construction too. Gotta have thick skin. Very few work environments like construction haha I love it.

I'm in construction too. Gotta have thick skin. Very few work environments like construction haha I love it.

i worked in construction when i was younger.

my nickname was "fag boy"... not joking.

it's a man's job, that's for sure... can't wait for women to start demanding entry and then policing language :D

it's a man's job, that's for sure... can't wait for women to start demanding entry and then policing language :D

Dude you should've told everyone you were gay and told the person in charge that you felt the work conditions were hostile. You then could've filed a grievance and made out like a bandit with a work discrimination lawsuit. I know they'll think you're a bitch if you handle it that way but do you really care what they think if you get enough money to buy the whole damn place and become their boss? You will quickly go from fag boy to daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude you should've told everyone you were gay and told the person in charge that you felt the work conditions were hostile. You then could've filed a grievance and made out like a bandit with a work discrimination lawsuit. I know they'll think you're a bitch if you handle it that way but do you really care what they think if you get enough money to buy the whole damn place and become their boss? You will quickly go from fag boy to daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would have done that, but im not a bitch

i would have done that, but im not a bitch

Exactly. Same with car accidents and shit. You get in a little fender bender and most people want to lay there and claim every fucking thing is wrong with them hoping for the big payday lawsuit. Unless my arms and legs have been torn off, get me the fuck outta here I got shit to do.

I laugh at the shit that people especially grown men can think is important. Then I just add on to it and pass it along thennsit back and enjoy!

about 10 years ago I worked with a black guy who had a racial lawsuit against the company. His lawyer told him that they couldn't fire him so he took every advantage of it.

Showed up to work late every day/slept in the truck/lazy as they come

I quit that job because they pissed me off, found out several months later the company settled with him out of court. $40 grand with the agreement that he will never work for that company in any state ever again (they are a big outfit for the type of construction that I do)

His lawsuit was justified because the foreman that he had was an old bigot piece of shit and that's the reason that I quit because they told me I had to work for him-I said NO...

When I worked with others the best policy was and still is to keep your mouth shut.

Now I stare at 7 screens for a good portion of the day....but no drama.....and if a screen or keyboard messes with me I have a baseball bat and show it who's boss.

The keyboards were getting expensive so I went to "Good Will" and buy keyboards for a couple of bucks and old monitors for $10 or less and pound the hell out of them.....it really is quite therapeutic!LOL!

Haha funny you say this my wife works in construction and I shit you not she has had more than one complaint filed with HR from male coworkers because of her fowl language

Big ass babies if you ask me can't handle a chick that can hold her own and talk trash with the best of them

What exactly is the drama you're referring to? Ones person drama is another's normal day.

Here's how I deal with drama at work:
1. I come in and do my job
2. Once my shift is done, I go home.

Most people they bring their home problems at work or vice versa, then drama happens. I keep my work and home life separate.

about 10 years ago I worked with a black guy who had a racial lawsuit against the company. His lawyer told him that they couldn't fire him so he took every advantage of it.

Showed up to work late every day/slept in the truck/lazy as they come

I quit that job because they pissed me off, found out several months later the company settled with him out of court. $40 grand with the agreement that he will never work for that company in any state ever again (they are a big outfit for the type of construction that I do)

His lawsuit was justified because the foreman that he had was an old bigot piece of shit and that's the reason that I quit because they told me I had to work for him-I said NO...

well....by law you cant sue the company you work for....

I was in a similar situation......but had to sue the work place
insurance provider....

they could not dismiss me either.....even though I never showed back up
for work......stayed on the payroll for a year....and could not touch my 401K
until the lawsuit was over....

not sure if a racial lawsuit is any different....but I would think its the same
he said, she said bullshit that corporations have....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws