over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DRAWING BLOOD WHILST ASPIRATING

guns1234

Newbies
ok, the last 5 times in a row iv jabbed my right glute and aspirated i have drawn blood.
because of this i have had to jab my left glut twice a week when obviously i would like to alternate.
why is this happening? (and no i don't feel comfortable jabbing elsewhere)

you are hitting a vein. you just need to move down a tiny bit, or up, over, whatever, just a little bit. once you find a location where you arent drawing blood, try to remember where that is and aim for there next time you hit that side. you are hitting the upper outer quadrant, right?
you could also try ventrogluteal injections:

Ventrogluteal Injection

yeah upper right, and i actually have a small bruise from injecting and have tried aiming slightly below/above etc bout every time i draw, so then remove it and change it and pout in in my left again. an i am not sum1 who enjoys jabbing

What size of needle are you using?

Try quad shots.

What size of needle are you using?

Try quad shots.

those are 21g 1 1/2" i believe. nothing wrong with the needle, he is just hitting a vein.
he also said he isnt comfortable injecting anywhere else, so quad shots are a big leap for guys like him.

greens.
never done quads, always hit glutes

best thing to do imo is try ventrogluteal injections, no veins in that area and they are painless, easier to do than regular glute shots.

once you can do quads, its easy but you have to be ready for it.
if you can try it, use a shorter need, a 1" 25g is much better for quad shots. try the middle of the leg, outer area.. basically if you are standing at attention, right where you fingers and palms meet is the best place to do it.

My first shot i ever did was quads, just seemed convenient being able to sit down. Got a cramp in my shoulder once doing glutes, which wernt great with a 1.5 inch needle hanging out my ass

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary pinning. Are you lean? ARe you using a 1 1/2 inch pin? If you are lean and injecting a long enough pin, you're deep in the muscle. I havent aspirated in 10 years because i know when I'm deep inside the muscle.

5 out of 10 times the void between the barrel and the pin has blood in it. If i were worried about a little blood in my syringe, i'd be having to re-do half my injections. be sure you're using the right length pin and if you're lean enough, you should know when you're in the muscle. Pulling the pin out and rejabbing anytime you see blood (when you know good and well you are inside the muscle), isn't necessary and you're asking for problems. You may nick a vein or pass through one, but if you're everything that i described above, its a non-issue.

Sounds like a lot of unnecessary pinning. Are you lean? ARe you using a 1 1/2 inch pin? If you are lean and injecting a long enough pin, you're deep in the muscle. I havent aspirated in 10 years because i know when I'm deep inside the muscle.

5 out of 10 times the void between the barrel and the pin has blood in it. If i were worried about a little blood in my syringe, i'd be having to re-do half my injections. be sure you're using the right length pin and if you're lean enough, you should know when you're in the muscle. Pulling the pin out and rejabbing anytime you see blood (when you know good and well you are inside the muscle), isn't necessary and you're asking for problems. You may nick a vein or pass through one, but if you're everything that i described above, its a non-issue.

Quoted for truth. I almost always use a 22g 1.5 inch needle. I've never aspirated blood, although sometimes I bleed a bit after withdrawing the needle if I went through a vein.
Something is up if you aspirate blood everytime. Make sure your needle is long enough, and try moving the injection site an inch or something.

I don't know what all this talk about 'being ready' to shoot quads is all about. I've never even done glutes...just doesn't seem comfortable to turn that way (and the fact that I'd have to buy longer needles for glutes. My main sites are delts and quads w/ 1in 25ga needle...so easy. I'll also do traps, but not more than 1ml.

I don't know what all this talk about 'being ready' to shoot quads is all about. I've never even done glutes...just doesn't seem comfortable to turn that way (and the fact that I'd have to buy longer needles for glutes. My main sites are delts and quads w/ 1in 25ga needle...so easy. I'll also do traps, but not more than 1ml.

Agreed. Quads are easy and there's a huge pinnable area. I used to do two hand breadths down, recently moved up as close as 1 hand down, and all over in between. Came more from the side the other week too. Such a nice muscle.

If youre not doing the ventrogluteal area for injection then you need to. WHen I switched to there I have never had any blood ever. I used to frequently get blood when I was injecting more in the rear of my ass. The ventrogluteal is more on the side of your ass. Seems to be less veins there I guess. It also hurts less there too IMO.
IMO you also dont need 1 1/2 inch pins unless youre bodyfat is rather high. 1 inch is plenty if you go all the way in. I personally now use a 23 gauge 1 inch needle for my doc prescribed HRT. He was going to go 22 gauge but I suggested smaller and he had no issues. 21 gauge is bigger than you need. 22 gauge would be better for pain and less scar tissues and 23 even better. the only bad thing about smaller pins is that it takes a lot longer to fill the syringe when you draw the oil out. When I was doing steroids I used to use a 22 gauge to draw out the oil and then switch to a 23 gauge to inject it. Using a fresh needle is nice too since it goes in easier. the stopper can tear it up some. today though i dont use 2 needles for each injection, I just use the one 23 gauge to draw and inject. its just fine for me.

And why you switch to the other glute? No need for that. If you aspirate blood, pull the needle out a little bit, tilt the whole syringe to change the penetration angle, go deep again, aspirate again.

ok, the last 5 times in a row iv jabbed my right glute and aspirated i have drawn blood.
because of this i have had to jab my left glut twice a week when obviously i would like to alternate.
why is this happening? (and no i don't feel comfortable jabbing elsewhere)

Why not comfortable elsewhere?? I prefer glute, but IM is IM in the end....

How long between the 5 injections? Did u get a knot there on a shot right b4 this started happening? my buddy got a knot/hematoma whatever you call it and couldnt inject glute for a few weeks until it went way....

you do realize there are more nerves in the quads than glutes right? if you miss the 'spot' in the quads, you will hit a nerve and that shit hurts. some people fear that. once you get over that fear... ie.. being ready or comfortable.. its no biggie, but until you do you arent ready. thats what its about. its silly that it needs to be explained to you. or are you being an internet tough guy? some people fear needles altogether.. its a natural fear. feeling fear of a needle hitting one of many nerves in your quads is quite natural and takes some getting used to for some people. so you arent one of them.. cool. so why not just relax and let the man inject his gear where he feels the most comfortable injecting it? or offer help doing it where he doesnt so he might get comfortable doing it somewhere else. why is that so hard?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear