over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dress shirts and traps, nothing fits!

FeverishFlux

Registered
Where does a muscular build guy go for dress shirts? I've now out grown my shirtsize and my traps are large enough where off the shelf 2x shirts aren't even close to closing so I can wear a tie.
Is there someplace online who cuts dress shirts for a muscular build?

look for dress shirts with Lycra in them. Its like bundgy.

i get them tailormade. Its not cheap, but they fit!!

i get them tailormade. Its not cheap, but they fit!!

same here. it's impossible to get any sort of dress clothes off the rack. they're going to look like crap on you.

Same here. 6'4" 280lbs...chest likes to blow buttons off my shirt LOL. But seriously if you try Kohls, they have a lot of different brand shirts and some are cut different even though they say 3x not all fit the same. I have found some nice shirts and pants there...affordable.

My best suit is custom tailored...cost $800!

Are there any off the shelf brand names that fit a bodybuilder’s figure? Does all your dress attire require custom fitting?

I wear suit and tie all day...just not my tailored $800 best unless its something special. No the clothes dont fit right, but at least I can fit in them...LOL!

Sometimes Sears has some 3X 19" neck 38" arms...these are still a bit tight but real baggy at the waist. LOL!

I always buy pleated slacks...so my quads have a little more room. I must buy 40-44 waist to get my quads in them and then fold over the extra waist line material and hide it behind a thick belt.

But as soon as I stand up to walk I do look like Im going to split the front of my pants..just like the Hulk!

Do a search on Ebay, [ I know they usually suck] but look under dress shirts. There is a asian company that does custom shirts for forty or fifty bucks. They send you a size chart and custom make the shirt they way you want it. I've ordered about 20 shirts when I needed them, but my size is a 21 neck, 39 sleeve, 58 chest and 40 waist. They fit great and last....

about 15 yrs ago, i could still get away with "athletic cut" suits and shirts, but even then, the waist on the pants was always too big. if you find a decent, old time tailor, you'll find that it pays to have your stuff made for you. well fitting clothes and good appearance are worth it.

suits go italian, shirts good freaking luck. i find like some one else said some times shirts from sears will work. they just balloon out around the waist line. also if you want a nice shirt with some stretch to it try seven diamonds. they are a little spendy but you should find some thing comfortable.

Go to our sponsor GetGasp - some awesomely cut dress shirts for us.

dont buy trash off the rack, get custom MTM. its cheaper than fixing some crap you bought that doesn't fit :eek:)

mytailor.com

tailorstore.co.uk

Mens Warehouse. I get both great dress and casual shirts there, plus they tailor them for me.

Custom fit is the only way to go

They don't make clothes for women bodybuilder either. I have trouble fitting over my bi's, shoulder and lats. If it fits me in the back, then it's HUGE in the waist. Makes shopping such a joy... NOT!

They don't make clothes for women bodybuilder either. I have trouble fitting over my bi's, shoulder and lats. If it fits me in the back, then it's HUGE in the waist. Makes shopping such a joy... NOT!

My wife has a hard time finding clothes that fit properly too. Not because of bodybuilding, but because she is 6'3" :D

Custom made shirts cannot be matched for fit, only approximated by tailoring. All custom shirt makers are not the same and I have found that they basically will put effort into it according to your level of interest. All of my shirts are not custom but I tend to only wear them with the rest staying in the closet.

The older I get the more I realize fewer, better quality clothes trumps lots of "cheap" ok clothes.

I actually buy a reasonable amount of pants on ebay. Only new ones. They will have a NWT (New with tag) in the description. It usually means I can buy Zanella $300 pants for less than $75. I already know the names of the styles I like and just cruise ebay whenever I think about it and look for my size. Never been dissapointed.

Pekkerwood

They arent dress shirts but Polos made for people like us. They are pretty cheap too so i ordered one the other day and it fits well.

**broken link removed**

Sassy yer a super hotty, I'd bet you'd have some tailor stepping on his tongue to get your measure's right for a fit
(and free). I'm sure you're in the same boat as me from your pics. I can wear a larger size, but only so one part of the garment fits(neck), the rest of the shirt makes me look like some fat fugr as my shirt wears like a parachute.

My wife has a hard time finding clothes that fit properly too. Not because of bodybuilding, but because she is 6'3" :D

6'3" I take it that wasn't a typo. She IS tall. I'm only 5'3". I have to have everything hemmed.

Sassy yer a super hotty, I'd bet you'd have some tailor stepping on his tongue to get your measure's right for a fit
(and free). I'm sure you're in the same boat as me from your pics. I can wear a larger size, but only so one part of the garment fits(neck), the rest of the shirt makes me look like some fat fugr as my shirt wears like a parachute.

I bet is hard for guys with big necks to find a good fit. There again... that's where a good tailor come in handy.

This is a big problem. One of my tricks is to buy suits is to mismatch the jackets and pants at the store. It's a little dickish but a size 48 suit jacket is usually matched to 44" or 46" pants. That doesn't work!

Bump on Mens Warehouse. They are usually pretty helpful.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws