over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dress shirts and traps, nothing fits!

They don't make clothes for women bodybuilder either. I have trouble fitting over my bi's, shoulder and lats. If it fits me in the back, then it's HUGE in the waist. Makes shopping such a joy... NOT!

Finding jeans and dress pants that fit is the worst! If they fit over my quads and butt, they're HUGE in the waist. And apparently Apple Bottom jeans are made for girls who have no leg muscles ... :confused:

The current trendy babydoll shirts just look like maternity shirts on me cuz they're not made for girls who have lats. So not cool!

Mens Warehouse isn't the absolute worst thing if you don't know dick and want someone to push stuff on you while being paid on commission. You definitely PAY for their service, and their stuff certainly isn't great...just isn't generally awful, minus their shoes. Basically if you desire to have no knowledge of dressing yourself, they can put together outfits for you and you'll be all set.

I don't recommend them to anyone who wants to get what they pay for, or if you are hard to fit...and this is just taking about shirts. Definitely don't buy shoes or ties there.

Please please please get made to measure shirts if you need them...they will actually fit, and will be a better value then massive alterations anyway. DONT BUY CLOTHES THAT DONT FIT...we can tell. The only thing worse than an ill fitting shirt are Kenneth Cole shoes.

Finding jeans and dress pants that fit is the worst! If they fit over my quads and butt, they're HUGE in the waist. And apparently Apple Bottom jeans are made for girls who have no leg muscles ... :confused:

The current trendy babydoll shirts just look like maternity shirts on me cuz they're not made for girls who have lats. So not cool!

Look into raw denim jeans (this is a general type of jean, not a brand name), it is inherent in their design that they mold to your body...They basically suck to break in, the first few times you wear them you wont leave the house because they are stiff, and you shouldn't wash them for several months (this is why the jeans we get off the rack are chemically treated) but the work will pay off by basically becoming custom jeans. Order small, denim will stretch.

I wear suit and tie all day...just not my tailored $800 best unless its something special. No the clothes dont fit right, but at least I can fit in them...LOL!

Sometimes Sears has some 3X 19" neck 38" arms...these are still a bit tight but real baggy at the waist. LOL!

I always buy pleated slacks...so my quads have a little more room. I must buy 40-44 waist to get my quads in them and then fold over the extra waist line material and hide it behind a thick belt.

But as soon as I stand up to walk I do look like Im going to split the front of my pants..just like the Hulk!

Dude, get the waist brought in, a lot of us do that to get pants that fit through the thigh. Get this done at a real tailor though (not mens warehouse)

Baggy waisted shirts can be brought in pretty inexpensively too. Your regular Asian laundry lady can handle this, just make sure they know how far in you want it brought in and make sure they understand.

Jackets...are basically tricky.

Seriously, your clothes need to fit, plain and simple.

i get them tailormade. Its not cheap, but they fit!!

Patrick, do you use an online tailor, or one local to you?

For reference, do you mind stating what you pay for a standard 100% cotton shirt with m.o.p. buttons, and what grade cotton do you prefer?

if you use someone local to you who has gotten it right, are you aware that the custom shirts you already have can be duplicated by any of the MTM guys online?

This always has been aggravating to me, I love how I fit in clothes when I'm really lean (under 7% bf) I can fit in 32/32 jeans,tight medium t-shirt. Right now I'm about 235-240lbs and nothing fits right! I think the answer is to slim down and maintain.

Ive had a buddy order form this site, called hotbodz.com. They have all kinds of different clothes. Here is the link for the dress shirts. Ive seen a few in person and they look good, and are tailored for a wider muscular body. **broken link removed**

Same here. 6'4" 280lbs...chest likes to blow buttons off my shirt LOL. But seriously if you try Kohls, they have a lot of different brand shirts and some are cut different even though they say 3x not all fit the same. I have found some nice shirts and pants there...affordable.

My best suit is custom tailored...cost $800!

Kohl's acctually is nice for dress shirts. Im not quite that big but im 6'2 225. I always seem to have a problem with my upper back feeling like im going to tear the shirt.

yumm applebottoms :]

The bb curse is upon you. Dam that deffinately has to be one of the most annoying things clothes that fit. Best idea is a tailor who can measure u up it will cost more but at least u will look good :)

A company called Enro makes great shirts. very pricey but they look great and there is plenty of room for me. They're only sized by neck size so it might be a problem if you're neck is a little smaller. I have an 18 inch neck and the body of the shirt tends to be more than comfortably fitting.

Mens Warehouse isn't the absolute worst thing if you don't know dick and want someone to push stuff on you while being paid on commission. You definitely PAY for their service, and their stuff certainly isn't great...just isn't generally awful, minus their shoes. Basically if you desire to have no knowledge of dressing yourself, they can put together outfits for you and you'll be all set.

I don't recommend them to anyone who wants to get what they pay for, or if you are hard to fit...and this is just taking about shirts. Definitely don't buy shoes or ties there.

Please please please get made to measure shirts if you need them...they will actually fit, and will be a better value then massive alterations anyway. DONT BUY CLOTHES THAT DONT FIT...we can tell. The only thing worse than an ill fitting shirt are Kenneth Cole shoes.

So Beta since you are the discriminating fashion conisuer what do you recommend exactly considering you are so against MW and just about everything out their? How else are we supposed to get fine dress clothes that fit. Do you have any custom sites that you recommend? Since Kenneth Coles are out according to you what shoes should we be investing in, Johnston Murphys? I need a few suits and nobody can hold me, not even MW. I open to any suggestions within reason.

truly

i love hearing this kind of stuff
ive had these problems since i was like 14
currently im 6'6.5" bout 330, when i competed in PL i was abt 370 w a 39"waist, 22" calves and legit 23" arms, i had to special order shit at the big and tall stores. id have to get 44" waist to get them to fit my legs then have them taken in. 6x tall shirts to fit my arms and then have like 20" taper from shoulder to waist as to not look like a fool. then comes shoes 16s yea
not being a dick but i dont feel bad for anyone here lol
ive spent so much on fkn clothes in my time, i cant wait to see the low 300s again, itll save tremendous amts on clothes.
BUTTTTT- heres my tip- tj maxx and marshalls have nice shits and jeans in large sizes at abt 50% off reg price, as well does burlingtons.
frk

So Beta since you are the discriminating fashion conisuer what do you recommend exactly considering you are so against MW and just about everything out their? How else are we supposed to get fine dress clothes that fit. Do you have any custom sites that you recommend? Since Kenneth Coles are out according to you what shoes should we be investing in, Johnston Murphys? I need a few suits and nobody can hold me, not even MW. I open to any suggestions within reason.

Im at work right now, but ill go into more detail later this evening.

As for shoes, the J&Ms quality has fallen off a little bit as of late, making them not so much a bad shoe per say, but not the value that they used to be...Kind of like what happened with Church's shoes when Prada bought them and raised the price, no longer the best place to spend the money.

The best value shoe to me (in my price range) is Allen Edmonds, they run about 325 at full retail, but you shouldn't have to pay full retail to get them. AE also sells their overstock through an ebay store that they run. I literally have a pair of 12 year old AEs that can pass as brand new. Doing the math on that, Im thrilled with the investment.

Aldens are nice, and also american. Edward Greens are good, but out of my price range. John Lobb is the cats ass, but way way out of my $.

The Brooks Brothers store brand "Peal and Company" (which is just a name of an old manufacturer that they bought) are generally manufactured for them by Alfred Sargent, and can often be found for 200-300 depending, and are great at that price.
Bally has improved as of late.

The first thing i would look for is a "goodyear welted sole" If its a glued on sole, thats the first indication of a lesser quality shoe. Welting is the stitching that you can see on the bottom of the sole.

to be continued....

Patrick, do you use an online tailor, or one local to you?

For reference, do you mind stating what you pay for a standard 100% cotton shirt with m.o.p. buttons, and what grade cotton do you prefer?

if you use someone local to you who has gotten it right, are you aware that the custom shirts you already have can be duplicated by any of the MTM guys online?

sorry i missed this post.......

I pay about EUR 130 for a tailormade shirt here in Holland. I can choose my own fabrics/colors/etc. i prefer cotton/egyptian cotton.
i also get my suits custom made, i pay about EUR 350-400, from Mcgregor.

sorry i missed this post.......

I pay about EUR 130 for a tailormade shirt here in Holland. I can choose my own fabrics/colors/etc. i prefer cotton/egyptian cotton.
i also get my suits custom made, i pay about EUR 350-400, from Mcgregor.

Thats not bad for bespoke at all! If you wished, an Asian tailor could copy
your custom made shirts for half, or less than that, only caveat being that your tailor lets you see/feel the fabrics first.

sorry for delay, anyway to get back to the actual clothing ( i consider shoes first priority, as they make or break)
I still recommend custom because its within most our our price ranges...hell even jantzentailor, while difficult to deal with for many because of location (HK) can make you a completely custom shirt for something silly like $48USD.

I think i listed the easier to deal with (language, email proficiency, ease of payment) tailors earlier in the thread.

Suits, I'm not as helpful on the sizing, if you can get MTM (made to measure) like the previous poster then go that route, most cities will have some people that do it, but you might have to do a little research. I still fit into off the rack stuff as long as I bring in the sides, etc. I also don't need a jacket for work and I live in Florida anyway.

p.s. please don't invest a lot in black suits if you go this route, they aren't really appropriate for the daytime and are considered too formal for most occasions. Most men look best in Navy and Grey anyway...these are classics and will always be in style. I like tan suits, but they are really daytime attire.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws