over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking Egg Whites : bowel SMELL???

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Cant think of a less graphic way to say this. This ONLY happens when i drink egg whites and has me questioning if i am actually digesting them or if they are literally rotting in my intestines. Every time i start drinking them about 3 days in and throughout the entire time i remain drinking them my bowel movements or gas is COMPLETELY different than its ever been in my whole life. Probably the worst smell i can possibly imagine. Not even kidding 10x worse than normal, so bad that it is almost unbearable. It really smells like something rotted and sat for a very long time.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what may be going on?

Before anyone suggests iv STOPPED drinking them for periods of 2-3 month TWICE and both times the smell goes away within a week. I am POSITIVE it is the egg whites.

2 or 3 digestives enzymes took care of it for me, GF is happy! :D

2 or 3 digestives enzymes took care of it for me, GF is happy! :D

tried that too. "Top Secret" enzymes. Maybe they suck. Didnt work.

Spring Valley probiotic multi enzyes from walmart does the trick for me

Bro i got the same problem. Eggwhites = people don't wana hang around me too long lol.

so it seems its not just me. i cannot imagine a girl hanging around too long through it its literally unbearable. Someone has to know exactly what is going on

I've had some gym friends over the years that were eating too much protein or something because their gas was horrible. I had my moments as well. Makes you wonder what's getting digested or not.

I pretty consistently get quite bad gas. Generally, I have 5-7 eggs each morning. Often times only 3-4 whole eggs and the rest whites, sometimes though, all whole eggs. Either way, I get bad gas. Sorry if this is too graphic, but the only way I can describe it is an acidic/rotting smell.
I'll also try cutting my protein down a bit to see if that helps.

Fortunately, I don't have a significant other to share this horror show with.

are you talking about the actual bowel or the gas? i have 3 raw eggs every morning un my blended juice. i dont get bad gas but i shit my brains out every morning and its pretty rank. smells up half of the house. my wife and kids have to deal with it.

are you talking about the actual bowel or the gas? i have 3 raw eggs every morning un my blended juice. i dont get bad gas but i shit my brains out every morning and its pretty rank. smells up half of the house. my wife and kids have to deal with it.

make sure all the shit goes under the water. I found out that if it is underwater it doesn't smell (or is drastically reduced), it is when the shit is out of the water is when it starts stinking. If it is floating shit, just flush the toilet as soon as your finished shitting, then start wiping (that way it won't stink up while your wiping which can take a while depending on how messy the shit was on your ass)

make sure all the shit goes under the water. I found out that if it is underwater it doesn't smell (or is drastically reduced), it is when the shit is out of the water is when it starts stinking. If it is floating shit, just flush the toilet as soon as your finished shitting, then start wiping (that way it won't stink up while your wiping which can take a while depending on how messy the shit was on your ass)
courtesy flush would probably be a good idea

Funny you mention this. Drinking egg whites (pasteurized in a carton) used to give me the most putrid farts not even imaginable. I got away from them for a few years, just recently got back into them and no smelly gas or anything. I've had quite a lot of booze in those years between stopping and getting back into them so maybe I have more of an iron gut and can tolerate or digest them better now? :confused: :D

Eggs are high in sulfur. So a slight change is normal. If you have more frequent gas and it smells like rot. It is. If enzymes don't work I would stop. Since you're not getting nearly the protein you think you are. If you have issues with sulfur you're lining your self up for a food intolerancem

Didn't we all learn this as teenagers or very young adults? LOL

TP4U I can agree completely with you.

Also, they make my breath reek man! You notice this at all? Smells like shit probably have to chew a pack a gum in an hour!!

It's just not worth it to me. I stopped eating like a bodybuilder a few years ago. No protein powders no excessive egg consumption, just a normal breakfast lunch and dinner lifestyle. It is like night and day as far as my gas,bloating and bowel issues are concerned. Nothing has changed as far as my workouts, strength, pump, and physique are virtually unaffected by dropping all these things that gave me such horrible bowel/gas issues. I don't believe eating in such an excessive somewhat bizarre way is necessary to have an above average even competitive physique.

courtesy flushes work wonders.

There is no way aroudn it drinking large amounts of egg whites will give you a smell. Your gas will stink...

but your body does also. For those of you that don't think it happens to you I'd bet it does for 99% of you but you don't realize it. Your skin/body is probably giving off an eggy/sulfur/spoiled milk smell.

I drank egg whites for a while when I was working long hours and up very early just out of convenience. Tried the digestive enzymes, nothing works and the smell is horrendous. Eating the same amount of egg whites cooked doesn't seem to help that much either.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131