over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking Egg Whites : bowel SMELL???

courtesy flushes work wonders.
the only bad thing (for me) about the courtesy flush is i like to see how much shit came out. having a good bm every morning is important to how i feel the rest of the day. if its less than stellar i make little shits al day. if its the typical dump im good until tomorrow morning. seriously.

I drink about 1L per day total and never have an issue. But a good friend of mine has the exact same issue at 250mL. He's tried everything and couldn't get rid of the smell so he stopped drinking them. If you can't live with yourself then it's not worth it.

eggs

I boil mine every morning take out the yellows and have no problem.

I used to literally eat 20-30 egg whites a day and the gas was the worst. A friend told me it was "protien oxidation", made me curious also, if the body is "oxidizing" the protien are you still getting the protien? I never did find out.

dang i was hoping for an educated diagnosis so we could at least trouble shoot a solution. There HAS to be a reason for that smell.

What does everyone think about egg white digestion in general? Iv heard both sides of the argument and both sides have support.

How many of you have fixed this issue?

dang i was hoping for an educated diagnosis so we could at least trouble shoot a solution. There HAS to be a reason for that smell.

What does everyone think about egg white digestion in general? Iv heard both sides of the argument and both sides have support.

I get the same horrible gas when consuming egg whites that you speak of.

While i don't have the science to back it up - I suspect that the avidin in the whites depletes the biotin in the intestinal tract, which leads to larger amounts of undigested food in the intestines. Undigested food = gas.

That would be my hypothesis.

Maybe take a biotin supplement during the days you drink the egg whites and see what happens?

While i don't have the science to back it up - I suspect that the avidin in the whites depletes the biotin in the intestinal tract, which leads to larger amounts of undigested food in the intestines. Undigested food = gas.

Maybe take a biotin supplement during the days you drink the egg whites and see what happens?

That theory might explain this with raw egg whites, but if you're drinking the ones from a carton they're pasteurized so the avidin should be cooked off right?

will give it a shot ty

That theory might explain this with raw egg whites, but if you're drinking the ones from a carton they're pasteurized so the avidin should be cooked off right?

"should be"

Last edited:
I have the gas issue more when my diet has lots of pasteurized egg whites with a total lack of cooked whole eggs. If I add just a few cooked eggs per day I seem to lose the gas issue. But then I top out at a single one of the small cartons per day. So my experience is limited for greater amounts.

Bad smelling gas is a sign and symptom of delayed gastric emptying or something irritating your intestines. Food not digesting correctly. It is not normal

You could be throwing the good bacteria off in your small intestines which is where we all know macro nutrients are mostly absorbed. I have this problem sometimes and I have noticed it from drinking egg whites for extended periods. I honestly don't believe they digest properly. When I eat whole foods I feel more anabolic, vascular, more energy etc... Drinking egg whites over long periods of time gives me diarrhea gas and bloating, which is not normal. Sometimes we try to do things the easier more convient way rather than just do things we know is correct. My body doesn't agree with egg whites so I don't drink them.

Eating many eggs can deplete some people of certain digestive enzymes like protease and lipase. These help break down the eggs. If you're body can't keep up, the eggs come out the other end as either undigested liquid and usually gas. And it reeks - like rotten eggs. Usually taking a break for a few weeks, you can go right back to eating eggs.

The reason is biological. Thousands of years ago, some of your ancestors could only eat eggs in the warm summer months when birds were around. The rest of the year, no eggs because the bird leave in the winter. Fast forward a few thousand years and you're eating eggs every day or almost everyday year round. Digestive enzymes get depleted.

Then you get depleted of your friends and loved ones because they can't stand the smell of you.

If you absolutely must eat eggs (you just think you do), then try purchasing a digestive enzyme complex that contains protease and lipase enzymes and you'll be back to normal in no time. I had the problem before I started taking bromelain and now I can eat more eggs than cool hand Luke.

Works for me :yeahthat:

are you talking about the actual bowel or the gas? i have 3 raw eggs every morning un my blended juice. i dont get bad gas but i shit my brains out every morning and its pretty rank. smells up half of the house. my wife and kids have to deal with it.

LOL

For me, it's related to quantity. If I drink more than a certain amount, I get gas. I suspect it's because of the high sulfur content, along with my body not being able to fully digest the large amount. If I consume 50g or less, and space them, there is zero issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner