over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

drinking eggs/pasteurized eggs

If i'm going to drink my eggwhites, I'd rather spend the extra money on egg white companies that test for samonella like Lana's Eggwhites, Eggology, and EggWhites International. One case of samonella poisining and its over...especially if you're getting ready for a show.

my main concern is samonella. I know people say that "nuking" the egg will get rid of the bacteria, but is there proof in this?

I had bad beef when I was 19 and had to get put into the hospital for the food posioning, and that is an experience I never want to go through again.

JW

Vander, when I mentioned my anual egg consumption I was refering to cooked eggs too because I was making a point about it not effecting my cholestrol.

I know you can get sick from raw eggs, but I've been drinking them forever and I know several other dudes who do too and I've never met anyone who got sick. I've never even heard of a single lifter getting salmonilla. Maybe we can't get it I don't know.

I just crack em into a cup, hold my breath and drink em down! I chase them with a swig of apple vinigar. 8 eggs is alot of calories to pound in about 8 seconds. The vinigar settles my stomach.

squatter

Here is one of the most complete web sites on this topic:
http://www.aeb.org/safety/egg_handling_and_care_guide.html

It talks about "temperature" required to kill salmonella and I didn't see anything about "microwave." They talk about how it's possible for the salmonella to actually get "within" the egg shell and possibly contaminate the egg when opened.

This topic has bothered me enough, I choose not to eat raw eggs. "Heated" (cooked) eggs and proper handling (which is a must to avoid salmonella for ANY SOURCE - like from raw beef) assure that I won't have any problems.

Last edited:
in regards to egg whites!

One word= LANA'S EGG WHITES Tell her I sent ya. the best in the industry without a doubt and she is great to work with. The only brand i personally will use and reccomend to all of my clients. www.lanaseggwhites.com check her out. wyldeone.

I use to drink 15 whites with 300 gr of rice well cooked (with a lot of water) and 2 tablespons of peanut butter and 1 scoop of whey protein for 750 cals , 3 times a day with 4 complete meals and i bulk up to 280 pounds in good shape

Last edited:
IM STILL FUCKING CONFUSED MUST BE THE LOW CARBS LOL, SO YOU GUYS ARE SAYING COOK THE FUCKING EGGS THEN DRINK THEM OR FUCKING DRINK THEM RAW WHICH ONE IS IT GAD DAMMIT !!!! :D :D :D

KillerStack said:
Also,raw eggs contain lots of avidin which can lead to biotin deficiency.
avidin is the ingredient that makes protein in raw eggs undigestable

nope

I don't cook them

i stir em up and nuke em. They get warm and kind of milky.

I don't know about raw eggs not absorbing but i notice a difference since i been doing this. maybe heating the eggs activates them better, like they are not completely raw.

but this works good for me. I hate eggs. Just the smell of them makes me sick. So doing this goes a long way for me.

on a side note

I read an article in flex, Orville Burke said he used to drink 2 Dozen eggs per day when he younger.

Last edited:
Vander_V said:
IM STILL FUCKING CONFUSED MUST BE THE LOW CARBS LOL, SO YOU GUYS ARE SAYING COOK THE FUCKING EGGS THEN DRINK THEM OR FUCKING DRINK THEM RAW WHICH ONE IS IT GAD DAMMIT !!!! :D :D :D
You can drink any liquid egg whites that are pastuerized and in the carton V.
They are safe and good for a great quick protein amino boost.
I usually drink LANA's which are 30 grams per cup but when I run out I drink eggbeaters egg whites-50 grams of protein per carton. :D

Beats the hell outta tunaapple shakes! LOL

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner