over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking water

Rumpwrangler

Registered
Newbies
Do you think it matters significantly where you get your drinking water from? I remember Palumbo preaching alkaline water. I usually buy spring water by the gallon. But many days I will empty it, refill with tap and drink.

Do to the nature of my work I filter water coming from city sources. It’s pretty gross the stuff in the filters. I’ve been drinking it my whole life and I’m pretty healthy. But I’m just wondering what others think about it.

I live in a metropolitan city where our water source is the Mississippi River. Been drinking it for years… It’s filtered through my fridge. Who knows what’s in it…

Cage

City water supplies are always going to have some level of contaminants in them. Reports on water quality are publicly available so look yours up. I filter all tap water used for drinking or cooking, it's not expensive and is an easy way to be proactive about your health. I drink more spring and alkaline water than tap.

City water supplies are always going to have some level of contaminants in them. Reports on water quality are publicly available so look yours up. I filter all tap water used for drinking or cooking, it's not expensive and is an easy way to be proactive about your health. I drink more spring and alkaline water than tap.

What filters do you use? You said inexpensive so I’m guessing pitcher or faucet type filters? You tend to do your research on things so figured I’d ask what you’ve found to be the most cost effective

Is it true that reverse osmosis water RO water is not that good for you due to it having no minerals and i read it sucks all the minerals out of your body. I drink it and also spring water. Dont know if its true but heard that and read it somewhere long time ago.
I also read about all the health benefits from alkaline water that i also drink once in a while.
My buddy said my stomach makes so much acid i would have to drink a million gallons for it to bring the ph up in my body to be alkaline. So dont know🤷‍♂️

Ive drunk straight well water and find that interestingly good and refreshing. The taste of iron in there doesnt bother me.

What filters do you use? You said inexpensive so I’m guessing pitcher or faucet type filters? You tend to do your research on things so figured I’d ask what you’ve found to be the most cost effective
I use a Brita pitcher. I haven't done a ton of research on filters so there likely are better ones but I find this sufficient for my needs, particularly since most of the water I drink is spring or alkaline.

Absolutely does not matter. I've drank tap water well water all my life as have many others and were all fine. Bottled water manufactures will always say their water is superior, $$$. I know people who are obese, don't exercise, drink alcohol, but they damn make sure they only drink filtered or bottled water. Lol.

I use a Brita pitcher. I haven't done a ton of research on filters so there likely are better ones but I find this sufficient for my needs, particularly since most of the water I drink is spring or alkaline.
I used to use one of those. Now I’m talking about large consumption. I work outside all year. In the south. I’m consuming 1-2 gallons of water without intentionally sipping once in the hotter months.

Absolutely does not matter. I've drank tap water well water all my life as have many others and were all fine. Bottled water manufactures will always say their water is superior, $$$. I know people who are obese, don't exercise, drink alcohol, but they damn make sure they only drink filtered or bottled water. Lol.
Research contaminants in public water for any major city - you really think drinking 2+ gallons of those known carcinogens daily as most of us here do will have no health impact? This is very likely one of the reasons people who seem healthy and take care of themselves their whole life end up with chronic, uncurbable health conditions. It takes very little cost and effort to improve your water quality so as concerned as you always are with your health I'm surprised you oppose this.

Research contaminants in public water for any major city - you really think drinking 2+ gallons of those known carcinogens daily as most of us here do will have no health impact? This is very likely one of the reasons people who seem healthy and take care of themselves their whole life end up with chronic, uncurbable health conditions. It takes very little cost and effort to improve your water quality so as concerned as you always are with your health I'm surprised you oppose this.
I look at it as one of those things we can only micro manage our health and life so much. Everyone picks and chooses which they think make an impact because no one can do every little thing. Personally have never lived in a major city and never will.

I live just across the river from my mom who lives in Louisville (KY) and their water, at one time, was supposedly top 10 in the nation (JUST CHECKED: #3 per https://bestlifeonline.com/best-drinking-water/). It's so good that we'll sometimes take empty milk jugs there to use with our Keurig where our coffee is NOTICEABLY BETTER!!!

I live just across the river from my mom who lives in Louisville (KY) and their water, at one time, was supposedly top 10 in the nation (JUST CHECKED: #3 per https://bestlifeonline.com/best-drinking-water/). It's so good that we'll sometimes take empty milk jugs there to use with our Keurig where our coffee is NOTICEABLY BETTER!!!
Ours where we live is very good too. Every year they send us the report and it tests very well. The taste is great. If I lived somewhere like Flint Michigan there is no way I would drink that stuff.

Is it true that reverse osmosis water RO water is not that good for you due to it having no minerals and i read it sucks all the minerals out of your body. I drink it and also spring water. Dont know if its true but heard that and read it somewhere long time ago.
I also read about all the health benefits from alkaline water that i also drink once in a while.
My buddy said my stomach makes so much acid i would have to drink a million gallons for it to bring the ph up in my body to be alkaline. So dont know🤷‍♂️

As a respiratory therapist(retired) I challenge anyone to show me the data on raising ones BLOOD ph as tested by ABG(arterial blood gas) with ph water or diet. I also want to see the data on the benefit of being at say 4.2 vs 3.5(normal range is 3.5-4.5 in the BLOOD.) The body tightly regulates blood ph and it has fuck all to do with the water we dump down our throats into our highly acidic stomach. If you drift out of range, high or low, all hell breaks loose.

I wish it was as easy as giving a stage 4 copd pt some ph water lol.

chembody this is NOT aimed at you just the ph craze is such non-sense once one really understands blood chemistry.

Regarding tap water: in my area they do add fluoride, you know because we can't be expected to do something as simple as go to the dollar tree, spend $2.50( but don't worry inflation is not real its all in your head you silly little peasant) and CHOOSE to brush your own teeth with this compound/chemical. No we need mommy and daddy government to tuck us in at night..........I digress.

SO I do believe the amount they add is more or less "safe" based on consuming a few glasses a day. I on the other hand regularly drink up to three gallons a day. Now I highly doubt when they determined the amount of fluoride to add they considered someone like me tossing back gallons a day. Ever since having this epiphany and my personal situation changing to one where I have wholesale access daily to distilled and spring water of a high quality I have switched off tap 99% of the time. It has only been about a month and I do feel a little better but I do think a build-up of fluoride will take TIME to "clean out" so to speak.

TLDR "safe water" is IMO relative when consuming massive quantities daily.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131