advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking waxy maize etc for carb source (not post workout)

1ntense

Registered
I recently watched a video by Matt Porter on YouTube where he was getting a lot of his daily carb intake from waxy maize so I'm guessing it's fine.

I just wanted to hear people's opinions on it and if there are any better drinkable sources other than waxy maize..

I prefer Gycofuse. Waxy give me gas and bloat.

There are better forms of powder carbs, like Zofo said glycofuse is one that most people use. It is Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin, which is the newest form of carb and is supposed to be the best for digestion.

I have used Glycofuse and Intra MD (also has HBCD as its carb) and loved them both, they were far superior to Waxy Maize IMO. But i used them intra and pre workout, I dont think I could drink Waxy Maize intra, i used it a few times pre and it made my workout suck.

Im sure Matt Porter knows what he is doing, so I assume he is using Waxy Maize because its much cheaper and he probably does not use it around workout time so it probably doesnt matter.

But to answer your question directly Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin is the newest and best carb source for digestion around workout time. Also a lot of guys like Karbolyn. Vitargo is also used by many. Some still use old school Dextrose or Maltodextrin and even gatorade powder.

To be honest Waxy Maize was very hyped when it came out and not that many people liked it. Many preferred the older carb sources that I mentioned above. But like I said if its not around workout time it would be cheaper to use WM, but i myself would rather just eat.

My thoughts, if it ain't broke why fix it? Some guys have iron stomach and can digest it fine, others can't. But IF it is producing awesome results, what more can you ask for?

We need to look beyond the science at times and although HBCDS may be the best, if they aren't going to do much better because someone has a very efficient digestive system, why change it?

Personally, I can't touch WM. I do know several very smart gold that use carb sources most would scoff at, but it works for them...

You mean for a carb source not surrounding a workout ?
Like a carb supplement whenever you want to add carbs??
Right??

I throw oats in my whey protein drinks

Right??

I know some very high level competitors that haven't seen differences between HBCDs and "inferior" carb sources, around training. If your digestive system is that efficient it's just splitting hairs.

In many others, including myself, I can tell a big difference.

Again, with bodybuilding, the answer is usually, "it depends."

I love hbcd around workout time. If I was going to use a carb powder throughout the day I'd go with instantized oats.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

That's what I've been doing. And Vitargo around w/o. But use good carbs are really expensive. Never used Glycofuse because it costs 70€ for 60 servings in my country.

I'll do that in the AM if im too late and cant cook my eggs and oats. They mix right in and you dont even know they are in there.

If its close to a workout and I want carbs, but i want solid food ill just eat a banana.

I know some very high level competitors that haven't seen differences between HBCDs and "inferior" carb sources, around training. If your digestive system is that efficient it's just splitting hairs.

In many others, including myself, I can tell a big difference.

Again, with bodybuilding, the answer is usually, "it depends."

Exactly, in this game everyone is different in every aspect which is always why the answer is "it depends" or "it depends on the person". I could use waxy maize no problem any time of the day, but right before a workout it didnt work good for me, so the idea of during was out of the question...

But HBCD works for me around workout time. Im not surprised at all though that some guys can take waxy maize before or during their workout. Some guys can run a ton of test and not retain water... if i go over 500mg per week i look like a water balloon !!!

Right??

Exactly. Im a truck driver so I don't like the idea of eating cold rice so much, although pasta would be an option or white/red potato. Sometimes I struggle to stop to eat and thats where drinking my carb source would come in handy. I do a couple of whey and oat shakes per day but after seeing Matt Porters video, I thought I could maybe mix it up with a carb powder such as WM or something similar

I do prefer the more expensive carbs but most people really do overcomplicate things. Most of the best bodybuilders I know probably haven't heard of HBCD's let alone tried them. Plus if it isn't broke don't fix it and everyone is different. Although for all through the day carb powders I much prefer oats or activated barley. Don't forget quite a lot of bb's take slin throughout the day so that could also factor into things.

I do prefer the more expensive carbs but most people really do overcomplicate things. Most of the best bodybuilders I know probably haven't heard of HBCD's let alone tried them. Plus if it isn't broke don't fix it and everyone is different. Although for all through the day carb powders I much prefer oats or activated barley. Don't forget quite a lot of bb's take slin throughout the day so that could also factor into things.

Yeah for sure. I never use carb powders during the day, I just eat. Im just saying what i think, i can only comment on what they do around workout time as thats the only time i use them. I would rather eat...

The OP was wondering about replacing his daily carbs with a carbs powder and if its feasible or smart.... not talking about pre, intra, or post workout carbs. Like an all liquid diet, how many hbcd or waxy maize drinks would it take to do the trick.... be easy to add in enough bcaas and or protein powder to live off of.

The OP was wondering about replacing his daily carbs with a carbs powder and if its feasible or smart.... not talking about pre, intra, or post workout carbs. Like an all liquid diet, how many hbcd or waxy maize drinks would it take to do the trick.... be easy to add in enough bcaas and or protein powder to live off of.

I would vary the carb sources. You can buy oat powder or make your own, a site that used to be a sponsor here sells sweet potato powder, blends of various types of carbs in powder form...

Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend an all liquid diet, if someone was going to do it, I'd vary the carb sources

I would vary the carb sources. You can buy oat powder or make your own, a site that used to be a sponsor here sells sweet potato powder, blends of various types of carbs in powder form...

Although I wouldn't necessarily recommend an all liquid diet, if someone was going to do it, I'd vary the carb sources

Yeah I wouldnt use carb powders to replace food, thats just how I am I think its better to eat. But if I was going to do it I would do different types like Flex mentioned.

oats

p prefer oats in my protein shakes,vitargo was way over priced.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws