over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Drinking your meals for a day

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I woke up late today and was seriously running behind and did not have a chance to cook before I left for work this morning. So the first thing I did was grab a container of oats and protein. I mix one cup of oats and three scoops of protein in a shaker cup which is typicaly my breakfast every morning. Now that I dont have any food today I was thinking about doing these all day long untill I can get home and get some real food. Has anyone ever done this before? According to both labels....Im looking at 54 grams of carbs, 66 grams or protein, and about 550 calories per serving. I can do maybe 5 of these today and put some Udo's oil in a couple of them (I have a bottle at work too). What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Sounds better than not eating anything at all ;)

how to u guys drink oats?

every time i try to put them in a shaker it odesn't work out to well. I end up getting a bunch of oatmeal sludge in the bottom.

dump the oats in after you mix your shake

i will be looking forward to drinking half my meals just as soon as you get my protein to me. i will knowck off some of this bodyfat ive gained. im looking forward to it to not have to eat solid food it feels like im getting away with something. im tired of eating so much

done that for more like 2 years.. the positive is that you dont need to cook, and easily to drink fast.. i use to mix protein, oats, milk, frozen berries.. around 800kcal, very tasty, but remember 30% of digesting the carbs is done in your mouth. carbs in stomach is just laying there waiting for getting trough the system. i do feel kinda still hungry but filled when i drink them, but they work, if you do more than 1 shake a day, be prepared to visit the toilet more than 2 times a day for a big visit :) i like cook the food, but at work i use them, they do their job, just take it easy the first 10-15min after you drank it, stomaches hate slow carbs that not been worked in your mouth.

i recommend not to do it more than 2 times a day.. try it out for some days, you find out why.. best to cook :)

Last edited:
I add the oats, fruit, and water in the blender and blend intermittently on high, so it doesn't fluff up too much. Then dump in the protein powder and only mix it intermittently on high until fully blended.

Seems like if you mix everything "continuosly" on high, it fluffs up at least 50% more than it should and it doesn't fit in a reasonable size container :p

Way to much work and clean up. lol

I do the following.

large cup
Water
Protein Powder
Dry Oatmeal

Stir with a spoon and drink.

Can't get any faster or easier than that. :)

CROWLER

I did about an 8 hour stretch of nothing but protein shakes when cramming for a test on an all-nighter... and damn for the next 3 days I was shitting something fierce...

at least 4 times a day and very very soft stool

won't be doing that again

:)

CMan

I just had to do this on Friday, bad planning, anyway I used Yammit for carbs and mixed protein in...4 shakes that day...Shit my brains out all nite and next day...Biggest problem was I used Grape flavored Protein...Purple Crap for two days!!! :p wont do that again...

I do 5-6 shakes ed of pro powder or tuna, oats bananas and strawberries and olive oil. I have a normail breakfast and a meal at night all with the same macro %s and Im lovin it. I work at my gym 10 hours ed so I cant really cook unless I do it the night before, this is much easier. Ive kept close track of my weight b.f and measurements since Ive started this and have been going in the right direction so far.

Conan21 said:
how to u guys drink oats?

every time i try to put them in a shaker it odesn't work out to well. I end up getting a bunch of oatmeal sludge in the bottom.

Cook them before dumping in the blender.
You need a blender.

Water
Protein powder
Mix with blender
Then cook the oats and dump it in the blender.

All the time

At least half of my meals every day are liquid.
I realize that it's not optimal - whole proteins are of course.
But...
The reality of having to eat every 2-3 hours and get 40+ grams of protein leaves very few options less you wan't to be a slave to preparing all your meals in advance and carting them around with you.

If you're getting a complete protein, and a quality fat source that's ultimately the most important factor. I live on protien shakes and EFAs.

Will you "grow" as much as if you were eating 6+ meals a day of lean meat? Prolly not - but it'll be marginal.

Drink your protein, eat veggies, low glycemic carbs and good fats and I'd say al-in-all you'll be sitting pretty lean and hard

Just my .02

As far as Oats go.
I use them a lot in my PRO shakes.
I use a hand/stick blender - I keep one at home and at work.

I have heard that adding oils such as MCT or Flax oil to your shakes that once it gets into your stomach or digestive track it turns into a solid, so in theory your system cant tell whether its a shake or a whole meal, so the digestion becomes the same either way.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131