over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dropped my prep coach 6 weeks out

So I'd hired a well renown prep coach 17 weeks out from my show. I did see great results and put on a ton of muscle these past couple months on minimal AAS, but I'd always felt like I wasn't receiving enough attention. At first I'd figured it was because the show was so far away and it wasn't really necessary, but things didn't get any better as time went on.

Whenever I had questions for the sometimes bizarre things he had me do, he was very rude in his reply and lacking explanations. Tons of little things kept building up but what finally made me pull the plug is when he accused me of cheating on my diet when I checked-in 2 pounds heavier after he cut carbs and increased cardio. I've been busting my ass off following my diet to a T and doing 2x 45m cardio sessions everyday for the past 2 months, which really pissed me off.

I've already hired a new coach who actually told me he knew the prep coach and has heard the same complaints from multiple people. I didn't even name the coach, I'm assuming my program was similar to most of his clients.

Just thought I'd make this thread to see if any of you wanted to share your experience with bad prep coaches!

For God's sake, pay attention to what you are doing. Unless it's your first contest, you must have learned something. Think.....

Many years ago I hired a very well known coach for me and my then fiancé. After using it for 16 weeks I had lost almost no weight (I was clean during this) but my fiancé got jacked. So he accused me of cheating and shit. I followed that damn thing to a T. The issue was that I was fat and didn't have a ton muscle and despite this he set my cals at 2800 or something like that. He said he didn't believe me. Needless to say I fired him right there.

Fast forward ten yrs I hire another coach and he actually listened to me and provided very good feedback. I lost a lot of fat and gained some muscle. Never got as lean as I wanted but that was 100% on me and not him.

So be very picky when you hire someone. Talk to other people they have trained. Also I would talk them and ask them what sort of style do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they say, "My style is kick yo ass style"

Shelby def cares about his clients... Idk.. Maybe u weren't being very specific with ur questions?

But I only have my experience to go off of... Which was a very positive one

I'm team Dinitro now though

ded.:D

Hmm, really never would've guessed that. Considering he doesn't QA on Facebook n such regularly.

Well this was like three years ago and he was towards the tail end of a prep to be fair. but still, if I'm paying for a service like that... ya know

I learnt so much from spending HOURS A DAY READING Big A, Phil Hernon, Skip, Homonunculus, Wyldeone and a few others' posts from 2002 2006 that I soon became the one people turned to in my area to be prepped or just given advice... :p which I always refused, for I literally HATE training people... hard enough to take care of my stubborn self!!! :eek::D;)

BUT if I only had to give one piece of advice to those, whatever their level, looking for a good coach, it would be the following: DON'T choose someone who will tell you what you wanna hear... basically that's gonna sugar coat things just to make you feel good - and keep paying :cool:... it might very well bite you SEVERELY in the end.

Good prep guys should always tell it like it is. Phil was that way. Tenny and MT, though I don't know them personally, seem to be this way too... I like their posting on here. :);)

Ahh, I was thinking of someone else. Yeah, Roddy had a problem for a while but has cleaned up his act recently I believe.

Yea i heard he got really religious.
I try not to associate with alot of the NPC folks down here as they all seem to be stuck so far up Luke's ass when he gets gas they fart.

Yea i heard he got really religious.
I try not to associate with alot of the NPC folks down here as they all seem to be stuck so far up Luke's ass when he gets gas they fart.

I guess now it's him and his wife running things? Haven't been around the scene in a long time. I do remember the T's though. I can't remember the name of the schmoe that used to run things down here in the 90's

I learnt so much from spending HOURS A DAY READING Big A, Phil Hernon, Skip, Homonunculus, Wyldeone and a few others' posts from 2002 2006 that I soon became the one people turned to in my area to be prepped or just given advice...[emoji14]which I always refused, for I literally HATE training people... hard enough to take care of my stubborn self!!! :eek::D;)

BUT if I only had to give one piece of advice to those, whatever their level, looking for a good coach, it would be the following: DON'T choose someone who will tell you what you wanna hear... basically that's gonna sugar coat things just to make you feel good - and keep paying :cool:... it might very well bite you SEVERELY in the end.

Good prep guys should always tell it like it is. Phil was that way. Tenny and MT, though I don't know them personally, seem to be this way too... I like their posting on here. :);)
This is what guys need to do more often ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆...I'm talking about the newbs no bully me plz # lol...Seriously Tenny I can tell is a great coach,he tries to light fire under peoples ass on here,they seem to take it wrong but he's brutally honest...I want a coach who is gonna tell me how it is,not just what I wanna here...MT seems nice also,very knowledgeable just don't go at people like Tenny does...

Omni-Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

This is what guys need to do more often ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆...I'm talking about the newbs no bully me plz # lol...Seriously Tenny I can tell is a great coach,he tries to light fire under peoples ass on here,they seem to take it wrong but he's brutally honest...I want a coach who is gonna tell me how it is,not just what I wanna here...MT seems nice also,very knowledgeable just don't go at people like Tenny does...

Tenny is the kinda coach i like , but the knowledge is there and I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering questions on things like why training is set up the way it is and such.

Me: when do i get a cheat meal
Coach: when you're not as fat

Me: can i have a Hershey bar if i fit it into my macros
Coach: you're the reason some animals eat their young

Me: I forgot to pack my meals today , what can i eat.?
Coach: Your boot , but the left one , with only a tablespoon of mustard

What if they say, "My style is kick yo ass style"

If that works for you...then embrace it. I've only worked with two guys and both were very different in terms of personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenny is the kinda coach i like , but the knowledge is there and I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering questions on things like why training is set up the way it is and such.

Me: when do i get a cheat meal
Coach: when you're not as fat

Me: can i have a Hershey bar if i fit it into my macros
Coach: you're the reason some animals eat their young

Me: I forgot to pack my meals today , what can i eat.?
Coach: Your boot , but the left one , with only a tablespoon of mustard
Exactly right brother, that's how it should be...I sure the hell don't want to pay top dollar to someone who's going to baby me,and just make me feel better lol...I want to be pushed...

Exactly, I hired a coach to help me where I am lacking...He came to my last Meet watched my lifts to get a idea and we set a goal... I know where I am lacking just needed advice on how to bring up what I'm lacking...I train how I train,he saw first hand grip on deads is my lagging lift...So he's giving me advice on how to get my grip stronger...He's a well known coach for Strength Training, so I hit him up he said he wanted to see first hand what I was explaining to him,so he came and watched all my lifts...He said grip is all I needed help with... He watched a bunch of my training video's from my other coach and said I had everything down pack,just need help with how to train more for my grip on deads...I pulled a raw 733# deadlift but he seen with straps I can pull 935# so that's were I needed help...My other coach is advanced but recommended him for the grip problem because he was stumped on it...

Exactly you want a coach like that

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

When I first joined I thought Pesty, Tenny and Big Chef were the biggest dicks in the world. Then I realised they want what's best for us

Just officially told him that I'm done, was not surprised at all with his reply.
Got the program from the new coach and let's just say things look A LOT better.

09ccbfab087b48fdb42092990c0fc14a.png

You were a gentleman about it. Was the best you parted ways. You got to be happy with who helps you.

I only get mad when I catch clients lying, cheating or not listening ;)!

-MT

Attachments

• Real BeastMode.jpg
    Real BeastMode.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 124
So I'd hired a well renown prep coach 17 weeks out from my show. I did see great results and put on a ton of muscle these past couple months on minimal AAS, but I'd always felt like I wasn't receiving enough attention. At first I'd figured it was because the show was so far away and it wasn't really necessary, but things didn't get any better as time went on.

Whenever I had questions for the sometimes bizarre things he had me do, he was very rude in his reply and lacking explanations. Tons of little things kept building up but what finally made me pull the plug is when he accused me of cheating on my diet when I checked-in 2 pounds heavier after he cut carbs and increased cardio. I've been busting my ass off following my diet to a T and doing 2x 45m cardio sessions everyday for the past 2 months, which really pissed me off.

I've already hired a new coach who actually told me he knew the prep coach and has heard the same complaints from multiple people. I didn't even name the coach, I'm assuming my program was similar to most of his clients.

Just thought I'd make this thread to see if any of you wanted to share your experience with bad prep coaches!

Im not calling you out at all. I had the exact issue with another coach, but got a lot better at 8 weeks out. I girl and 1 guy at my gym use Vu and neither has really complained about him.

What are some examples of of the bizarre things he had you do? You were 17 weeks out doing 2x 45 sessions?

Im just curious honestly because I've never heard anything negative about him and he turns a lot of ppl pro and they come in good.

Im not calling you out at all. I had the exact issue with another coach, but got a lot better at 8 weeks out. I girl and 1 guy at my gym use Vu and neither has really complained about him.

What are some examples of of the bizarre things he had you do? You were 17 weeks out doing 2x 45 sessions?

Im just curious honestly because I've never heard anything negative about him and he turns a lot of ppl pro and they come in good.

I told him I started EC stack and he got mad at me because he didn't prescribe it, despite the fact that I asked him about it 3 weeks ago and he said it's not necessary and that it's up to me.

He then told me to drop the caffeine because "he doesn't like the way it makes my body look." I took it once, the day before I sent check in pics.

I don't doubt that he's good, but I am positive that I was not given NEARLY the same amount of attention to detail regarding my programming as was given to other clients.

I am not saying you dont have a point,

but sometimes you also have to realize when the diet starts getting "harder" you dont think clearly, and "depression" type of symptoms set in. Small things that you overlook turn into "big things" that you think you should throw tantrums about.

Not saying that was your case, but it definitely happened to me when I got the leanest I have ever been. I started doubting who i was paying, started wondering if he knew what he was doing, etc.

Low calories will play tricks on your brain unless you outsmart your brain by being mentally prepared for these so call tricks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear