over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dropped my prep coach 6 weeks out

zombiesauce

Registered
So I'd hired a well renown prep coach 17 weeks out from my show. I did see great results and put on a ton of muscle these past couple months on minimal AAS, but I'd always felt like I wasn't receiving enough attention. At first I'd figured it was because the show was so far away and it wasn't really necessary, but things didn't get any better as time went on.

Whenever I had questions for the sometimes bizarre things he had me do, he was very rude in his reply and lacking explanations. Tons of little things kept building up but what finally made me pull the plug is when he accused me of cheating on my diet when I checked-in 2 pounds heavier after he cut carbs and increased cardio. I've been busting my ass off following my diet to a T and doing 2x 45m cardio sessions everyday for the past 2 months, which really pissed me off.

I've already hired a new coach who actually told me he knew the prep coach and has heard the same complaints from multiple people. I didn't even name the coach, I'm assuming my program was similar to most of his clients.

Just thought I'd make this thread to see if any of you wanted to share your experience with bad prep coaches!

i think its important to be able to talk to your coach and be able to ask questions so you can learn , some people just don't get along with others , some coaches are brutally honest and people don't like that.

Having references is always good , seeing how the coach wants to run you cycle and such , if you are against high doses or certain components then i think they should respect that but at the same time YOU need to understand that you are setting limits as to what they can work with.

there are several great coachs here that im sure woumd take you on and help finish off your prep. Tenny and MT are great and have a strong following with great results , their contact info is in my signature

I'm not so sure its the coaches job to teach. Its more to tell and athlete does what he says imo. His goal isnt to turn athlete into a guru but a better athlete.

I have trained few guys online and i can see how a busy coach could get frustrated with questions. if they just did what was asked they would see the answer.
Another thing that can be annoying is if athlete keeps asking questions about things that dont apply to right now. ie asking all kinds of quesitons about offseason plan when we are in contest prep etc.
playing devils advocate i guess...
-F2S

I'm not so sure its the coaches job to teach. Its more to tell and athlete does what he says imo. His goal isnt to turn athlete into a guru but a better athlete.

I have trained few guys online and i can see how a busy coach could get frustrated with questions. if they just did what was asked they would see the answer.
Another thing that can be annoying is if athlete keeps asking questions about things that dont apply to right now. ie asking all kinds of quesitons about offseason plan when we are in contest prep etc.
playing devils advocate i guess...
-F2S

Coaches aren't cheap. If I find myself having to go to friends/forums to find information because my coach isn't willing to answer a few questions, something is very wrong imo.

I found myself only contacting weekly for my check-ins to get my updated diet after a bit because I knew how useless his replies would be.

Care to share who it might be?

I've been in the same boat... and like you I want to LEARN from my coach.. not just follow blindly and be clueless as to what we did if/when I move on... the goal I think should be an expert yourself and not need a coach one day.. except maybe as a second pair of eyes towards the end of a prep... but that's just me.

Having said that.. there is a fine line between trying to learn what the reasoning is behind some decisions... and questioning everything your coach tells you..

you should be able to ask them what their methods are....

and how they plan to apply that to YOUR goals....

this is the EXACT reason we don't take everyone that asks....

lol, we honestly probably ask YOU more questions than you ask us....

Care to share who it might be?

I've been in the same boat... and like you I want to LEARN from my coach.. not just follow blindly and be clueless as to what we did if/when I move on... the goal I think should be an expert yourself and not need a coach one day.. except maybe as a second pair of eyes towards the end of a prep... but that's just me.

Having said that.. there is a fine line between trying to learn what the reasoning is behind some decisions... and questioning everything your coach tells you..

I'll PM you.

With my new coach, he's not as obsessed with building his social media following by posting client results (despite having hundreds over the years), and instead puts his effort into spreading KNOWLEDGE. I also made sure this time, to find clients of his and get their opinions on his coaching methodology. It's been not only 24hr with the new guy and I'm 150% happier, stress free and confident in what I'll bring to the show.

So I'd hired a well renown prep coach 17 weeks out from my show. I did see great results and put on a ton of muscle these past couple months on minimal AAS, but I'd always felt like I wasn't receiving enough attention. At first I'd figured it was because the show was so far away and it wasn't really necessary, but things didn't get any better as time went on.

Whenever I had questions for the sometimes bizarre things he had me do, he was very rude in his reply and lacking explanations. Tons of little things kept building up but what finally made me pull the plug is when he accused me of cheating on my diet when I checked-in 2 pounds heavier after he cut carbs and increased cardio. I've been busting my ass off following my diet to a T and doing 2x 45m cardio sessions everyday for the past 2 months, which really pissed me off.

I've already hired a new coach who actually told me he knew the prep coach and has heard the same complaints from multiple people. I didn't even name the coach, I'm assuming my program was similar to most of his clients.

Just thought I'd make this thread to see if any of you wanted to share your experience with bad prep coaches!

Many years ago I hired a very well known coach for me and my then fiancé. After using it for 16 weeks I had lost almost no weight (I was clean during this) but my fiancé got jacked. So he accused me of cheating and shit. I followed that damn thing to a T. The issue was that I was fat and didn't have a ton muscle and despite this he set my cals at 2800 or something like that. He said he didn't believe me. Needless to say I fired him right there.

Fast forward ten yrs I hire another coach and he actually listened to me and provided very good feedback. I lost a lot of fat and gained some muscle. Never got as lean as I wanted but that was 100% on me and not him.

So be very picky when you hire someone. Talk to other people they have trained. Also I would talk them and ask them what sort of style do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Zombie,

It makes me cringe to hear this.
We've heard this several times.

Our clients get both are cells numbers so we can be reached almost 24/7.
At 6 weeks out, you should be sending pics twice a week and at least a
couple phone conversations so he can hear your voice.

The two 45 cardio sessions a day are a dead give-away.
That is a huge mistake at this point in a proper prep.

I hope things work out with your new coach, I sincerely do.

-MT

Zombie,

It makes me cringe to hear this.
We've heard this several times.

Our clients get both are cells numbers so we can be reached almost 24/7.
At 6 weeks out, you should be sending pics twice a week and at least a
couple phone conversations so he can hear your voice.

The two 45 cardio sessions a day are a dead give-away.
That is a huge mistake at this point in a proper prep.

I hope things work out with your new coach, I sincerely do.

-MT

I wanted to add, I have both these guys phone numbers, so I know they are telling the truth. In 1 short month, I have got more emails and follow ups, then some coaches in 3 months. Also pictures never lie about progress. These guys know what they are doing.

Coaches aren't cheap. If I find myself having to go to friends/forums to find information because my coach isn't willing to answer a few questions, something is very wrong imo.

I found myself only contacting weekly for my check-ins to get my updated diet after a bit because I knew how useless his replies would be.

true....
that sounds annoying

Best coach i had would answer emials within 30 min no matter what time of day it seemed. Answered all questions that were necassary. Wanted me to send pics weekly. and i had his cell phone if ever needed to call. He was avail at any moment for weekend of my comp. made me feel secure and stress free for sure.
-F2S

Last edited:
Tenny insists that I send him nude updates every week

He's not even my coach :(

Come on, you sent those pictures to me and I didn't even asked. :eek:

I wanted to add, I have both these guys phone numbers, so I know they are telling the truth. In 1 short month, I have got more emails and follow ups, then some coaches in 3 months. Also pictures never lie about progress. These guys know what they are doing.

I have talked to mini truck several times about me being a diabetic and certain things I respect his opinion on very much. total gentleman, smart, very nice guy and very helpful. also he is not even my coach but talking to him and tenny a few times tells me they are professionals. why anyone would choose different coaches is crazy to me, these guys are F'n smart!!

Come on, you sent those pictures to me and I didn't even asked. :eek:

Well damn , and here i thought i was special for not having to ask when he's really just a whore.:(

I never had a coach so I can't relate but I understand when you're paying someone for their services and they act like they owe you something.

idk If I want tenny as my coach ; he'll tell me what a fat fuck I am 2 days out to "motivate me"

Haha [emoji41]

I never had a coach so I can't relate but I understand when you're paying someone for their services and they act like they owe you something.

idk If I want tenny as my coach ; he'll tell me what a fat fuck I am 2 days out to "motivate me"

Haha [emoji41]

haha I think you would like him, way more than you think. we need to hear the truth sometimes to make ourselves better. maybe he would piss you off but in the end you would be better. don't forget you got a good mix, if tenny hurts your feelings maybe mini truck would be nice to you:D

I would have stopped listening to the said "COACH" after the cardio 2x a day was spoken about. So dumb

These guys are the best..... 2 different personalities that compliment each other perfectly.... spoke with MT at length this morning as I've got to that point where everything affects me mentally.... the 2nd guessing comes into play... "should I add this? should I take this out?? do I up this??" .... he of course, got my head to where it should be...no matter how dialed in I may be I'll always 2nd guess

I'm not kidding when I say this....I'm taking him to Pittsburgh with me for Masters Nats... he's my part time Dad now........

Each coach is going to differ in how much they are willing to teach/explain, just like each client on how much they are trying to learn.

Some contestants just want to be told what to do and not learn and some coaches are perfect for that. Those who do ask questions and want to learn place an extra "load" (for lack if a better word) on the coach he may not be willing to deal with.

Most guys go through a few coaches before they find a good fit. It's not saying their previous coaches were bad (typically) , just not a good fit.
I always suggest asking questions like this up front before you spend your money. Could save a lot of headache and hard feelings in the long run.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131