advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dropping Deca - Best Supplements for Rotator cuff issues?

epoxy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I've had rotator cuff issues for years now. Deca has been a staple in my cycles for far too long, in the sense that it has become a long term part of my cruise (I've been on Deca for 5 years now at this point at low dose). I stopped today, it's just way too long to stay on a compound and I don't want to have long term health issues because of it. I want to be able to stay pain free - I'm wondering what are some supplements that people swear by (legal or otherwise) that would help with my rotator cuff tendinitis. I've never considered surgery because of the downtime AND the fact that despite a surgery and months of downtime it could still potentially NOT fix the problem.

BPC-157, TB-500, Curcumin, Bromelain, Ginger Root etc.

Good question.

I tried just about everything and finally ended up getting surgery (x2).
Used GH, BPC-157, TB 500, Tumeric and a good oral CBD oil through my PT.
R shoulder repaired March, 2018. L shoulder repaired November, 2018.
Pulled 585 x2 off the floor two days ago so I'm on my way back but playing it safe.

You know for sure it's RC tendinitis and not a supra or subscap tear? MRI?

*I just added NPP for my joints.

Last edited:
Good question.

I tried just about everything and finally ended up getting surgery (x2).
Used GH, BPC-157, TB 500, Tumeric and a good oral CBD oil through my PT.
R shoulder repaired March, 2018. L shoulder repaired November, 2018.
Pulled 585 x2 off the floor two days ago so I'm on my way back but playing it safe.

You know for sure it's RC tendinitis and not a supra or subscap tear? MRI?

*I just added NPP for my joints.

No MRI...just going on advice of docs i've talked to and seen over the years. I didn't go MRI route because I knew i was not ever going to opt for surgery unless something happened so bad that I had no choice. But yeah i've tried a lot of methods that gave some relief but deca always did the best job. When i first started using AAS 12-13 years ago I developed gyno and I was grossly overusing AI's at the time until i finally got surgery. I'm sure I caused damage with all the letro i was taking, dry joints lifting heavy weights, in my early 20s no warm ups, etc. Lot of things contributed.

No MRI...just going on advice of docs i've talked to and seen over the years. I didn't go MRI route because I knew i was not ever going to opt for surgery unless something happened so bad that I had no choice. But yeah i've tried a lot of methods that gave some relief but deca always did the best job. When i first started using AAS 12-13 years ago I developed gyno and I was grossly overusing AI's at the time until i finally got surgery. I'm sure I caused damage with all the letro i was taking, dry joints lifting heavy weights, in my early 20s no warm ups, etc. Lot of things contributed.

Spooky...we have a lot in common. I've had gyno surgery twice. Bilaterally and then again on my L side. I suspect it was due to Deca & Anadrol-50 but all I had access to in those days (late 80's) was Nolvadex.

I completely tore the supraspinatus off the humerous on my Left. Two anchors, subacromial decompression yada, yada, yada... Right side was partial thickness with Subscap involvement not to mention bicep tendon on both sides looked like frayed ropes hence the tenodesis. My main symptom besides not being able to lift my arm(s) was this horrible pain at night while trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. One I tore restraining a combative patient at work. The other while doing incline dumbbell press. I turned 50 and it felt like everything went to shit! Surgery was my only option. Luckily I had a VERY good orthopedic surgeon.

I agree that surgery should be your last option. Might not be a bad idea to do a little research into who's your BEST othopedic surgeons that specialize in shoulder repair. Good luck to you finding something that provides joint comfort.

I had rotator cuff issues that went away once I started doing rotator cuff exercises 2-3x per week. Right to left, left to right rotation using a band wrapped around a squat rack or other pole; up and down rotation with dumbells.

I had rotator cuff issues that went away once I started doing rotator cuff exercises 2-3x per week. Right to left, left to right rotation using a band wrapped around a squat rack or other pole; up and down rotation with dumbells.

shoulder horn does this.

in 2010 ortho recommended surgery. I started ding shoulder horn and pt before shoulders, chest or back and have since done this and have no major shoulder issues.

I use a Shoulder Horn and think it helps too.

shoulder horn does this.

in 2010 ortho recommended surgery. I started ding shoulder horn and pt before shoulders, chest or back and have since done this and have no major shoulder issues.

I'm doing RC exercises prior to workouts, never used a shoulder horn - wish my gym had one. Bringing my own, the thing looks a bit ridiculous LOL but hey if it works ,right?

I'm going to get a few supplements to start with and continue doing RC exercises slower and try to make sure I'm not putting too much stress on it. At this point I've become limited to smith machine for most of my pressing movements. Initially when I had the injury I just stopped incline benching and I stayed to decline bar bench and flat DB benching. On my last Superdrol run I moved back up in weights on DB's so quickly that I ended up off of pushing movements for a month - back in now off a DNP run, stuck to cardio and light weights for a month, dropped 17lbs, going to start blasting again and want to make sure stay healthy so I don't waste the money going into the cycle. I've been cruising on Test/Deca for a very long time, dropping Deca for Primo for a few months to see how it goes.

BPC-157, TB-500, Curcumin, Bromelain, Ginger Root etc.

^^^i'v posted this a bunch

(..and no, it's not just cuz we carry it at an unmatched price)

i think that almost all of us that have been lifting for years have developed some kind of a "kink" along the way
..FELLAS DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS STUFF

..it's amazing what it does for GI issues too (..IBS/Chrohn's)

Last edited:
At the end of the day it comes down to the severity of the injury.... if you have a substantial tear i don't care what you use...at best you may "mask" the injury which in turn is actually worse as you may cause further damage...

I swear by that shoulder horn.... but again, i had a very small tear where surgery really wasnt necessary.... im surprised you never got an MRI done.... surgery or not, don't you wanna know whats actually wrong instead of speculating????

At the end of the day it comes down to the severity of the injury.... if you have a substantial tear i don't care what you use...at best you may "mask" the injury which in turn is actually worse as you may cause further damage...

I swear by that shoulder horn.... but again, i had a very small tear where surgery really wasnt necessary.... im surprised you never got an MRI done.... surgery or not, don't you wanna know whats actually wrong instead of speculating????

Originally did Xrays, waste of money of course. It's come and gone over the past couple of years. At one point I felt "healed" - only to get hurt again. MRI's aren't cheap. Unfortunately I'm waiting right now for my company to switch health insurance plans in 2020, and then I'll likely get an MRI. Right now I'm on a "High Deductible Health Plan" - which if you've never heard of it, is fucking awful. You pay out of pocket, 100%, until you hit the deductible and then the insurance company pays from then on out. My deductible is 6 grand. I go to the doc like 1-2 times a year, so I never get anywhere close to this number, nor do I want to pay out of pocket so much to get there unless I'm in a situation where I have no choice. American healthcare is going down the shitter, for sure. These type of plans are becoming more and more commonplace.

Originally did Xrays, waste of money of course. It's come and gone over the past couple of years. At one point I felt "healed" - only to get hurt again. MRI's aren't cheap. Unfortunately I'm waiting right now for my company to switch health insurance plans in 2020, and then I'll likely get an MRI. Right now I'm on a "High Deductible Health Plan" - which if you've never heard of it, is fucking awful. You pay out of pocket, 100%, until you hit the deductible and then the insurance company pays from then on out. My deductible is 6 grand. I go to the doc like 1-2 times a year, so I never get anywhere close to this number, nor do I want to pay out of pocket so much to get there unless I'm in a situation where I have no choice. American healthcare is going down the shitter, for sure. These type of plans are becoming more and more commonplace.

In December i dropped a 120lb db on my thigh... ended up getting an MRI.... was only $350 cash... not going through insurance which i thought was awfully cheap...

In December i dropped a 120lb db on my thigh... ended up getting an MRI.... was only $350 cash... not going through insurance which i thought was awfully cheap...

Through your normal primary care or elsewhere? I think they do offer cash discounts. It's such a joke that you can get a better deal if you pay cash and get the discount vs using your own paid for HEALTHCARE PLAN that costs you more.

Through your normal primary care or elsewhere? I think they do offer cash discounts. It's such a joke that you can get a better deal if you pay cash and get the discount vs using your own paid for HEALTHCARE PLAN that costs you more.

Elsewhere.....my insurance sucks... yeah its ridiculous.... the state of our healthcare system... smh

I used most of the supplements mentioned and they worked to cover up the symptoms as long as I used them. But once I discontinued them the original problem was still there. If there is any real amount of damage then surgery is going to be the only real solution. I have had surgery on both shoulders. Putting off the surgery for the first shoulder may have helped cause more damage on the other as it had to take up the load more. I wish I had had the surgery sooner.

I used most of the supplements mentioned and they worked to cover up the symptoms as long as I used them. But once I discontinued them the original problem was still there. If there is any real amount of damage then surgery is going to be the only real solution. I have had surgery on both shoulders. Putting off the surgery for the first shoulder may have helped cause more damage on the other as it had to take up the load more. I wish I had had the surgery sooner.

A friend said the same thing about his shoulders.

Exactly.

Throwing supplements at a severe injury is just stupid. If the injury is bad then surgery may be the only answer. Although for minor injuries certain peptides/supps (with rest etc) could definitely help get someone back to 100%. It all depends upon the injury. Epoxy I would put all your efforts into finding out exactly what is wrong with your shoulder and go from there. Nevertheless, I will state if someone does have actual tendinitis then some of the supps I mentioned (with rest and changes in training etc) could bring you back to 100% with no surgery needed.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws