advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dropping Deca - Best Supplements for Rotator cuff issues?

So I've had rotator cuff issues for years now. Deca has been a staple in my cycles for far too long, in the sense that it has become a long term part of my cruise (I've been on Deca for 5 years now at this point at low dose). I stopped today, it's just way too long to stay on a compound and I don't want to have long term health issues because of it. I want to be able to stay pain free - I'm wondering what are some supplements that people swear by (legal or otherwise) that would help with my rotator cuff tendinitis. I've never considered surgery because of the downtime AND the fact that despite a surgery and months of downtime it could still potentially NOT fix the problem.

Do you think deca has worked for you for joints?

last year I used it maybe 3-4 months out of the year maybe 200 mgs on average. Left elbow is acting up and thinking of possibly low dosing it at 70 mgs with 70 mgs test for trt...or doing a cycle and adding it in at maybe 250 mgs

last year I used it maybe 3-4 months out of the year maybe 200 mgs on average. Left elbow is acting up and thinking of possibly low dosing it at 70 mgs with 70 mgs test for trt...or doing a cycle and adding it in at maybe 250 mgs

Many people swear by it at low doses for joint discomfort.

I would go with a little higher, maybe 100mg. It works better than any OTC supplement I've tried, I'll say that. I'm going to try a combination approach this time to give myself a break from Deca but the sad part is it'll be much less cost effective using supplements, Lol.

So I've had rotator cuff issues for years now. Deca has been a staple in my cycles for far too long, in the sense that it has become a long term part of my cruise (I've been on Deca for 5 years now at this point at low dose). I stopped today, it's just way too long to stay on a compound and I don't want to have long term health issues because of it. I want to be able to stay pain free - I'm wondering what are some supplements that people swear by (legal or otherwise) that would help with my rotator cuff tendinitis. I've never considered surgery because of the downtime AND the fact that despite a surgery and months of downtime it could still potentially NOT fix the problem.

Have you ever done face pulls? This fixed ALL my rotator cuff issues.

When we do a lot of pressing movements like bench, the anterior and posterior delts get out of balance, causing impingement and rotator cuff issues. It's important to keep the anterior delts strong as you strengthen the posterior delts when you do pressing movements.

I used to always run into impingement issues and had to take weeks off of pressing a few times a year like clock work. Once i incorporated face pulls to all my pressing days, i've never had an issue in 10 years.

Face pulls directly train the posterior delts. Think of it as an isolate row. Rows also train the posterior delts, but they also hit a lot of back muscles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

When we do a lot of pressing movements like bench, the anterior and posterior delts get out of balance, causing impingement and rotator cuff issues. It's important to keep the anterior delts strong as you strengthen the posterior delts when you do pressing movements.

I used to always run into impingement issues and had to take weeks off of pressing a few times a year like clock work. Once i incorporated face pulls to all my pressing days, i've never had an issue in 10 years.

Face pulls directly train the posterior delts. Think of it as an isolate row. Rows also train the posterior delts, but they also hit a lot of back muscles.

Are you doing these as a warm up? Funny thing, watched the vid, I've been doing them wrong for all this time. I usually have the pulley at the highest setting which is right above my head. This guy has it around chest level pulling slightly upward.

Are you doing these as a warm up? Funny thing, watched the vid, I've been doing them wrong for all this time. I usually have the pulley at the highest setting which is right above my head. This guy has it around chest level pulling slightly upward.

What you were doing probably made the issue worse. Those would be more like "head pulls" instead of face pulls.

The way i do it is i do an equal number of sets of facepull as i do pressing. I treat it as a full workout.

So if you do 6 sets of bench, do 6 sets of face pull. With progressive overload to make sure you continue strengthening the muscles and connective tissue. It's also a great stretch for the deltoids. I like 8-15 rep range for these. Any heavier and form suffers.

Also, meant to say "its important to strength posterior delts as you strengthen anterior delts with pressing movements." in my first post.

Last edited:
What you were doing probably made the issue worse.

The way i do it is i do an equal number of sets of facepull as i do pressing. I treat it as a full workout.

So if you do 6 sets of bench, do 6 sets of face pull. With progressive overload to make sure you continue strengthening the muscles and connective tissue. It's also a great stretch for the deltoids. I like 8-15 rep range for these. Any heavier and form suffers.

Also, meant to say "its important to strength posterior delts as you strengthen anterior delts with pressing movements." in my first post.

LOL yeesh, yeah. I'll give it a try tomorrow the right way.

LOL yeesh, yeah. I'll give it a try tomorrow the right way.

Give it some time.

Ideally, you would take 2-4 weeks off pressing movements and or all movements to let it heal up a bit and then add the face pulls.

This has worked for me in the past.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to start doing these at the end of my chest/back workout today.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to start doing these at the end of my chest/back workout today.

Glad to help brother, i used to get impingement issues all the time. It's been about 10 years since i've had an issue thanks to adding the face pulls.

I have never seen these performed correctly apparantly. I tried "face pulls" on the advice of some gymbros a long time ago. Never felt right so i just dropped them.

Im just doing the motion with my hands and it feels like its hitting the right spot. Ill have to try these.

I was expecting the video to show what ive seen over many years in the gym. Nope. Learned something new today.

I have never seen these performed correctly apparantly. I tried "face pulls" on the advice of some gymbros a long time ago. Never felt right so i just dropped them.

Im just doing the motion with my hands and it feels like its hitting the right spot. Ill have to try these.

I was expecting the video to show what ive seen over many years in the gym. Nope. Learned something new today.

Yes, most people do them wrong which can exacerbate the shoulder problems and even cause them.

The effect of proper technique is two-fold. You get a great stretch and you strengthen the muscles and connective tissues. When the anterior delt overpowers the posterior delt, you get postural issues that create impingement.

The typical "gym bro/gorilla look" where the shoulders are rotated inwards from too much pressing and not enough pulling. Face pulls counter-act this by strengthening the rear delt muscles to balance the shoulder girdle.

I’ve been on deca or npp for around 10 years except for the 9 1/2 month break I took from gear last year.
I agree you’re right that the only safe AAS to stay on is testosterone. I’m sure the deca will work better after a break too.
My rotator cuffs were constantly getting reinjured until I stopped using clonidine HCL blood pressure med. It destroys the body. It took me many years to figure that out.
Eat plenty of good fats. I have 1/2 avocado twice a day, nuts twice a day, and extra virgin olive oil in my 2 or 3 protein shakes.
If it’s real bad BPC-157 daily in the localized area of the injury helps by reducing local inflammation and speeding up healing.
TB-500 helps with systemic inflammation.

Facepulls also hit the traps a lot

I would go with a little higher, maybe 100mg. It works better than any OTC supplement I've tried, I'll say that. I'm going to try a combination approach this time to give myself a break from Deca but the sad part is it'll be much less cost effective using supplements, Lol.

do you get lab results regularly , at least 1-2 a year? have you had them while on five years of deca?

I think its dose dependant as well, dont you?

do you think being on five five years did anything minor or major to any of your markers? if so which ones?

do you get lab results regularly , at least 1-2 a year? have you had them while on five years of deca?

I think its dose dependant as well, dont you?

do you think being on five five years did anything minor or major to any of your markers? if so which ones?

Labs do not tell you most of the damage that AAS have on the body like structural heart changes, narrowing arteries, calcification/plaque, etc.

Many people assume they are A-Okay because labs look good, they barely tell you half the story though.

You will learn more by doing EKG, heart stress test, calcium scoring and cardiac catheterization (pretty invasive, so usually after something else is found first)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws