advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dropping Weight - Maintaining Performance...

Performance Based

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Good morning all,

Currently 5'11 212-214ish and sit around 11/12%-ish

I have a work event coming up. The powers that be just decided the weight limit cut off for this event at my height is 202. Bit of a shock to quite a few of us. Event is 1.5 mile run, 5 mile run, 40 mile ruck, 500M swim, 2 min max push up/pull up/sit up.

I am able to max+20% all of my numbers with relative ease. How I look is irrelevant to the process. Wanted to see if anyone had any tips/tricks for maximizing performance metrics while on reduced calorie intakes? The entirety of the event takes place over 24 hours. Hydration and micro nutrient retention is paramount.

Currently running 200 Test + 400 EQ + 20mg GW501516. I do not have the ability to diet down then grab an IV/bag of lactated ringers before the event. Show up, weigh in, perform type of deal.

Diet is typically 250-300 grams of protein, 750-900 grams of carbs, moderate fats depending on the day.

How long do you have?
When you say moderate fats, what's the number?

How long do you have?
When you say moderate fats, what's the number?
Have a hair over 5 weeks.

Honestly I don't track fat. It ranges pretty heavily based on daily activity. Can be 30 grams can be upwards of 300. Daily calorie burn not including basal is between 2,500 and 6,000.

Most recent basal test. Taken after two days off so relatively accurate.

Attachments

• 58752C70-D3B4-45F2-9D76-24BBDBFE85E4.png
    58752C70-D3B4-45F2-9D76-24BBDBFE85E4.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 19
To keep the performance up and maximize carbs, I'd drop the fats to 15% of the diet(mostly essential fats, a little saturated and MCT). Drop protein down to about 220 as well so you can maximize carbs.

Is your typical diet maintaining your weight or is it surplus?

To keep the performance up and maximize carbs, I'd drop the fats to 15% of the diet(mostly essential fats, a little saturated and MCT). Drop protein down to about 220 as well so you can maximize carbs.

Is your typical diet maintaining your weight or is it surplus?
Maintaining mostly, on occasion though I have massive re-feed meals at the neighborhood sushi spot. In all sincerity it isn’t very dialed in.

After a long distance run then a hour in the pool I’m usually just in a see food eat foos mode. Nothing processed/fried but let’s just say I’ve gone full fat kid mode more times a week than I can count.

Based on the time frame and to make sure you're under the limit with a full glycogen store, I'd look at about a 1100-1400 cal deficit to start out. You can cycle calories still based on activity and performance maintenance.
Lock your protein in at around 220(more will just be metabolically demanding and limit carb intake) and fats at about .2-3x bodyweight. Fill the rest in with carbs, timed appropriately for training and decent sleep. Run a week of those numbers and see how expediently your loss goes and what the performance is like.
I would also suggest having your higher carb days on rest days and timing the lower carb days on training days around the sessions you're doing.

I would also suggest having your higher carb days on rest days and timing the lower carb days on training days around the sessions you're doing.

Super curious as to this mate - very different than anything I have ever done. If you have a moment would you please be so kind as to elaborate a bit?

I think you are over analyzing a bit. You have 5 weeks to drop 10 lbs. That's only 2 lbs a week. I don't think it will impact your performance that much. I just started dieting and went from 263 to the lowest 253 (255 today) in 10 days. Now obviously a lot of it was just water, but my strength, stamina at the gym wasn't impacted at all. In fact I feel great and I'm getting stronger. I wasn't fat to start with, already had visible abs so for sure under 15% and not like I started at 30% bf where its easy to make a big drop.

All I did was take my calories from about 5500 to 6000 down to 3500 to about 3900 depending on the day.

I'd drop the GW for a week or 2. I find it looses it's endurance boost around week 4. 4 on 1 off keeps it going.

question, how is your training for this?
Are you maxed out on that?

aside from pulling slight cals from maintenance, could you increase your cardio/training a bit to just burn more?
It seems like with this being a huge endurance event, adding in a biiit more cardiovascular work would benefit you more than pulling stuff out diet wise

question, how is your training for this?
Are you maxed out on that?

aside from pulling slight cals from maintenance, could you increase your cardio/training a bit to just burn more?
It seems like with this being a huge endurance event, adding in a biiit more cardiovascular work would benefit you more than pulling stuff out diet wise

Quit updating a few weeks ago, but training hasn’t changed.

1-2 hours per day pool work. Sprints or long slow distance run daily. Durability session daily. When stateside teaching in a pretty active manner 2-3 days per week or personal work skill development.

Pretty maxed out on what I can do and the ability not to utterly break.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear