over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

drying out

mickeymbbc

Banned
I dont care if your a pro, amateur, or new to the bodybuilding world. I would like to hear how early some of you dry out before your show. I slowly dry out the last week. I know some people that slowly lean out there entire training period getting ready, and others a few days before. I just thought it would be interesting hearing diff views because everyone's genetics are different.

Thanks,

mick

My last show, I used no diuretics. I started very carb depleted, drinking like 2-3 gallons of water a day. Kept sodium in. Started slowly loading carbs back in 3 days out. Cut sodium a bit on the day before. Pounded water up until 2am the morning of (Friday prejudge at 7 pm) and then shut the water off. Did some clean carbs and fats upon waking (still low sodium and water restricted) and clean carbs and fats every 2 hours up until about 6 hours out. Started mild junk loading amount 6 hours out and adding sodium back in. Sipped on water if fullness was fading away. Back stage while pumping up, some candy and 2 fun size bags of Cheetos. I am just a novice learning what works for me and I felt this method was very effective. My first and second shows, I employed diazide. My first show, it worked like a charm... Second show was a fucking disaster and I swore I would never use diuretics again.

50mg dyazide every morning 3 days out from show. thats what i did last time n worked very well.
oh, and i carbed up for 2 days before show and day of show. but severly limited water for those 3 days i took dyazide.
-MB

I never tried the Dyazide, though I know many poeple that did. Is it potassium sparing?? Do you get dizzy or cramp up?

PS. Were your carbs good or bad carbs? I know people who do what you call shit loading. Did you ever try that? I have not

Thanks fellas

mick

When lean enough, you should appear dry the final few weeks to show time.

Just some minor changes can be made in the few days before stage time.

1 day out would be the only time I would consider lowering sodium to further pull water JUST from the skin.

I would keep water in high until bed time 1 day out.

-FF

The key to being realy dry is making sure you are actually lean !!

A lot of people look in the mirror 2 weeks out and think they are lean and what they see is just water when in reality they are carrying more fat than they realize , this leads to poor choices out of desperation trying to dry out water thats not their and the result is a flat and fat competitor.

The key to being realy dry is making sure you are actually lean !!

A lot of people look in the mirror 2 weeks out and think they are lean and what they see is just water when in reality they are carrying more fat than they realize , this leads to poor choices out of desperation trying to dry out water thats not their and the result is a flat and fat competitor.

I agree Gun. I slowly lean out from about a 20 or so weeks out. So before I dry out I am already pretty lean. But we can always use improvement, thats why I love hearing diff views. I did a HORRIBLE JOB and went flat about 4 years ago, but I was still learning. I never junk load like others do, all my carbs are good. But its because my genetics are not the best. Plus as you see I am a very small guy, but I always do pretty well because I have a small bone frame. Thanks for all your replies guys....

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear