over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dumb personal trainers.

BIGNFIT

Banned
There are 2 or 3 trainers with high ego I see in my gym, and worse of all, they make their clients do dumb things.
Am I the only one here, or does any of you witness the same?

Yeah it's almost as bad as people making stupid comments on BB forums to every single post.

Oh snap!!

Every time I'm at the gym I see someone doing something that makes zero resemblence to any known exercise and just enjoy the show.... I'm certainly not going to offer any unwanted advice

I see trainers having their client performing a set of a given exercise, while they are texting on the cell, neglecting their client's safety.
Walking all the time while training a client and holding a large cup of I do not know what in a way where they are flexing their biceps. It looks like a 1 entire hour "static contraction" of a hammer bicep curl repetition.
Trainers doing the same training routine for all their clients.
Trainers using a piece of equipment, while they leave a towel on another piece of equipment as if no one can use it.
These are few common scenarios I see every time I go workout.

Last edited:
I just look at shape of the trainers and that tells the whole story right there, some gyms will take any bum off the street who can print out a certificate on the computer but what's worse are the dumb people that think those trainers know their shit and then wonder why they still look the same

Ya, I notice that a lot of them have egos and think they know everything. I don't bother with them. Most of them look like crap. Worst of all, the clients they "train" never improve either!

I just look at shape of the trainers and that tells the whole story right there, some gyms will take any bum off the street who can print out a certificate on the computer but what's worse are the dumb people that think those trainers know their shit and then wonder why they still look the same

Exactly !

Although there are some, who go from scrawny, and don't know anything, an cuz they get a paycheck some how, they get some size with alot of Help from where ever. Then they get a swelled head.
They are just out of high school or something.Thats wrong.

The trainers in my gym are glorified cleaners. They just clean equipment and when they do have a client they just go through the same routine as everyone who comes in. What is the point in giving a guy with a huge gut a routine with hanging leg raises in it

The trainers in my gym are glorified cleaners. They just clean equipment and when they do have a client they just go through the same routine as everyone who comes in. What is the point in giving a guy with a huge gut a routine with hanging leg raises in it
To sell him a package. Hell "feel" it in his abs.. it must be "working" so maybe he'll drop the cash. It's all sales. Very few trainers are in it to genuinely help and and very few gyms care as long as people keep signing up.

Make them sweat, make them feel it, make them believe they couldn't do it with you, sign them up. It's a bottom line business.

One thing I notice is the trainers know a certain way to train, and I'm talking about the ones I see who really train their clients hard and in a way much of us here on the boards train, but they lack in the diet and nutrition part. Very little results and they end up losing the client.

Its kinda fun to watch while I do my cardio. Breaks up the boredom. Get a laugh or two.

Someone once told me the following advice: Work with a trainer who has the body type that you want to emulate or be like.

I've always had more luck with independent trainers vs trainers at the big box chain gyms.

We have an IFBB pro fitness girl at my gym who trains like 6-8 girls at once. They come in and all do the same workout no matter if there 2 weeks out from a show or a house wife. She on her phone the whole time. But she is busy. Groups of girls come in and out all night.They all do the same workout.
But she suppose to have an "in" with the NPC.
I'm waiting on someone to get hurt or have a heart attack.

I am a member of 3 gyms currently .(different gyms - different equipment - continuing gains) At all 3 I see uneducated trainers training people in a ridiculous fashion .Everything from improper use of equipment to teaching poor form .Not to mention (I'm sure everyone will agree) If I was to have someone train me I'd want that person to look better than I do !!!! I mean really .....would you listen to a fat ass telling you about how to adjust your diet before a show or take the advice of someone who looks 1 step away from his pro card.

If I have to hear this one trainer at my gym say "keep your core tight" one more time, I swear.........

this is actually a world wide phenomenon...

i think its even worse were i am...

like the blind leading the blind.

i swear the owner of my gym learned to train watching rocky.:banghead:

and everyone gets the same thing!

even a little tiny wobbly old lady who couldn't lift her arms!
i almost shit!

i just try and look at the floor.

Ya, I notice that a lot of them have egos and think they know everything. I don't bother with them. Most of them look like crap. Worst of all, the clients they "train" never improve either!

That's mainly because all of these idiot trainers never give them any diet advice or if they do it is nonsense like their training. A few in my old gym used to live on chocolate bars. My new gym is not so bad but sometimes when I overhear some of the things they say to their clients I either laugh or feel sorry for the client.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear