over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen!

Brent D.

Newbies
To all,

What have you seen in the gym that really amazed you at the human potential for stupidity?

One of my experiences:

One day I was right in the middle of a set of dumbbell presses and some skinny dude on the bench next to me dropped (threw) a set of dumbbells down almost smashing my left foot. After I finished that set I looked at him and quickly realized he was using weights that were way too heavy. I let him know of danger of lifting weights that were too heavy. I also let him know of the danger in dropping a dumbbell on my foot.

He just gave me that stupid look like he knew what he was doing. After all, he probably just read his newest copy of Muscle and Fitness magazine right before getting to the gym.

Then he said, “ I need to go heavy because I am rehabbing my dislocated shoulder.”

What did he just say? Holy shit, this guy was stupid! So, I moved my bench further away from this idiot.

Well, once again in the middle of my next set he threw down the dumbbells and one rolled all the way over and hit my left foot.

This time, no more Mr. nice guy. I stopped my set and looked over to tell this bone head off.

When I looked over at him, I realized he had completely dislocated his right shoulder! Ouch! It was ugly and deformed. He turned white and looked like he was going to pass out, but he managed to get up stagger out of the gym. Too bad for him, but that made my day!

That "no pain no gain" thing worked for him, if you consider dislocating your shoulder as a gain! LOL

One more story:

One time I saw a really skinny guy load up a hack squat with twelve 45# plates. I thought he was trying to commit suicide. Just use your imagination to fathom the disaster that took place.

He barely got it un racked but he couldn’t even slow it down. It came crashing down and didn’t stop until it hit the safeties. He climbed out looked around, then got back under and tried to lift it again from a buried position. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in the gym!

That is another amazing example of absolute stupidity!

What have you seen?

Brent D.

Well - I really don't have anything that I recollect that happened to someone else. Here's a few silly things that happened to me. I was warming up on bench press and for some particular reason had the gym owner (a big, huge ex gunnery sgt) spotting me (hardly ever have anyone spot me on warmups). This was when I was doing the "no-hold" grip - just lay the bar in your palms. On about the 15th rep in the extended position, I rolled my wrists!! The bar bounced off my chest and my spotter caught it! Was'nt sore and didn't bruise at all!

Another time I was benching reps and had the gym cutie spotting me. I had here there for encouragement than for spot as I should have performed the exercise without any problems :D. I was only doing 275 for 5 reps and for some stupid reason, on the 4th or 5th rep, I got it stuck on my chest. She couldn't assist me enough to get it up - the weight that is :). I told her not to panic - just remove the weights. Before I realized what she doing, so I could stop her, she was removing the second 45 from one side - this left 2-45's and a quarter on the other side. Of course there was no way I could stabilize the load. As she was pulling the 45 off the bar immediately flew up and missed her face by about an inch!

My last embarrasing moment: I was squatting and again had one of the gym bunnies spotting me. I was just doing reps at around 405 and again didn't really need a spot but like the idea of a bunny grabbing me around the waist if I did :D. On about the 6th rep, I completely ripped the crotch out of my shorts - and yes it was a loud tearing sound LOL.

xcel

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA..............Xcel, I can just imagine the tearing shorts with some little bunny there spotting you...LMAO!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

patk

This is why I had to fill out 3 release of liability forms when I joined Gold's last week. :p

this just happened while i was training my wife, 45min ago...

i am listening to these three 16-17yr olds, two are obviously juiced about 175-180, hehehe the other is like 150....

they are trying to get the small one to do some testosterone they get from their friend....the small guy is hesitant citing he already has enough zits on his face and he doesnt wanna go bald...and then goes on to say he's gonna start to do some research and maybe next year he will use if he feels like he should...

the other moron replies to him telling him that testosterone isnt bad and doesnt have any side effects and then goes on to say how you already have test in your body so it cant be bad that you have more, all it does is make your muscles grow...

the small guy replies and tells the moron if it only makes your muscles grow then why did you get so fat and bloated in the past few weeks...

at this point i busted out laughing and i was like 2 feet away from them...so i told the small kid research is good and he has the right idea and not to listen to the other guys as he is extremely stupid...

fuck man, i feel like i wasted my time..... that was way funnier before i actually wrote it....

sorry guys

GERM interesting alias ;)

Anyway I rain in a hood gym where its a realtively small place but gets the job done. Everytime I go in I try not to look or listen to the other meatheads. Its like I wanna go over and set them straight but at the same time I know I wouldnt truly be listened too. Ah go ahead with your 45 sets of bench presses and 15 sets of curls.

xcelbeyond said:

My last embarrasing moment: I was squatting and again had one of the gym bunnies spotting me. I was just doing reps at around 405 and again didn't really need a spot but like the idea of a bunny grabbing me around the waist if I did :D. On about the 6th rep, I completely ripped the crotch out of my shorts - and yes it was a loud tearing sound LOL.

xcel

when i was a kid, i was in my basement doing benches and i was alone, no big deal. but then the weight got stuck on my chest, i tried arching my back, tried to roll it down my body(way painful), but i just couldn't get it offa me and the painwas really starting to get to me and wasn't sure how much longer i could keep from blacking out, so i started yellin for help and my dad came down and got it offa me, and then smacked me in the head for lifting by myself hehe.

another time which i regret every single day as it really did some damage to my lower back. i thought i was a tough guy (iwas 19 close to 20). and i kept adding more and more weight to the deads, well low and behold it started to take effect on me, but being the smart guy i was, i just said "No pain, no gain"
so the next time i did em, i was just warming up, very light weight(but i guess the damage was already done) this was just the straw that broke the camels back, unlucky for me, i was the camel.

i did a rep or 2, and felt odd...but again as smart as i am..i did another, BAM, worst pain i ever felt in my life, i heard this loud pop, dropped the weights(not on my own free will, it was as if my body had shut down hehe), and then like a movie i fell to the side and hit the ground where i laid there for prolly an hour sweating like a pig and in the most pain you can imagine. anyway, my brother eventually came in and saw me, thought i was just "resting" and then he walked out, and after about another hr or so, i managed to get up.

at the time i had no health ins. so i self medicated(can you guys tell how high my IQ was when i was younger or what?lol) anyway, for about 6 months or so, whenever i'd get into a car or my truck, i'd have to actually lift my left leg up as i had very limited movement in it.

i'm 27 now, and every now and then, my back pops and i have to take offa lifting for a bit as the pain is so great. also limits certain exercises i can do, like when i do squats, i personally feel i could be squating more, but my back always starts to feel "funny" when i start getting heavier, and i have to limit the weight and reps.

one more....not at the gym, but i know how xcel felt when his shorts ripped. I used to work freelance for a tv station and we'd go to different colleges and record their sports (also did alot of other programs, but anyway). So here I was at one of the more popular Universities in MD, and i was getting all the equipment ready, so I climbed on top of the van cuz suttin was wrong, as i'm climbing down the ladder, i slip and when i landed my legs went apart, and my jeans completely ripped at the crotch. a couple of girls were walking by and they just looked at me like "what a ^%&* loser" hehe and the sad thing was, the game was an hr from begining, to say it was embarrassing is an understatment.

JW

I have done some stupid things too.

My most recent event occured just last Wednesday. When I was weighing 205, I was pulling 405 x 5 without too much difficulty. Well, I've been cutting and now weigh 182. So two weeks ago I'm still getting 405 x 3, but last week I felt a little sketchy on 365 x 5 but decided that I could hit 405 x 1 at least. Yeah right. My ego got the best of me this time and I end up doing bascially a rounded back stiff leg deadlift with 405. :eek: Suffice to say, getting up the next morning was not so much fun. The only good thing that came from this, is that I will never again let my ego rule a lift.

Last year, I'm doing bent over rows off a block 245 x 5, and feel my fingers starting to slip on rep 4. So I'm like, hell I can get one more, and half way up I lost it... since I was on the block, the floor didn't have a chance to stop the bar, so it was all up to my toes. Yep, that one hurt.

I have also been the victim of a dropped bar on the chest from almost full extension, only mine bounced twice before my spotter picked it up... good thing it was only 225, but still put me out of commission for a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131