over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw 3 weeks out of USA

Good luck at the USA's! But, what's up with the range of motion on the inclines??

My Chiro and PT's, etc also make me keep my reps looking like that to prevent futher shoulder problems. I come down until my elbow form a 90 degree angle, no more touching chest to bar.

dusty,

what do u think would happen if u lightened up the load and increased your range of motion?

since you said u had so many injuries im thinking that it would actually be more beneficial to you in the long run.

Dusty, Keep doing what you are doing. To everyone who implies that it isn't a real press if the bar doesn't hit the chest, wake up. Everyone has different structure and some of us have much longer arms then others. This is a longevity game and if you do something which doesn't feel right you will not last.

dusty,

what do u think would happen if u lightened up the load and increased your range of motion?

since you said u had so many injuries im thinking that it would actually be more beneficial to you in the long run.

Honestly we played with that and I just lost the "full dense look" according to Chris Aceto who does my nutrition. He said to stay with what brought me this far and that is just heavy weight. Plus honestly I can do 315 for 25-30 reps and still can't bring it all the way down so I question how light I would have to go.

One thing that is much better when I am on a strict DC program is that I go very slow on the negatives which makes lighter weight feel heavier and I keep the muscle under constant tension by not going to full lockout.

RANGE OF MOTION!

Honestly we played with that and I just lost the "full dense look" according to Chris Aceto who does my nutrition. He said to stay with what brought me this far and that is just heavy weight. Plus honestly I can do 315 for 25-30 reps and still can't bring it all the way down so I question how light I would have to go.

One thing that is much better when I am on a strict DC program is that I go very slow on the negatives which makes lighter weight feel heavier and I keep the muscle under constant tension by not going to full lockout.

I am just dipshit from Montana so I don't know jack shit. I was always taught full range of motion on everything, perfect form etc. Well, I've been to Las Vegas the last few years to watch the USA's and here is what I saw at Golds-

Huge amateurs and pros doing those partial reps. Some were strong and some of those guys were NOT strong. But MOST were doing partial reps in ranges of motion that kept the tension on the muscle being worked guys. I shit you not.

I saw great big bastards using light weights and some using heavy weights, but the range of motion you see Dusty doing in the video was pretty much the norm.

I even thought to myself a few times- Jeez, I am way stronger than some of these guys who are bigger than I am. My point is- do what works. Apparently that shit works. :D

Good luck Dusty-you look incredible.
I have the same injury and it is a huge pain in the ass-more power to you jacking up 4 bills on inlcine is nasty.
Give em hell at USA's.

Good luck Dusty, lookin great. I love those shoes. My wife got the bikilas and I'm gonna be getting them pretty soon also, I think they'd be great to wear especially doing legs.

I have the same problem when it comes to doing any chest movement. I can't come down any lower than about 3 inches from my chest. Everytime I work my way up to 315 for 8-10 on flat I really have to be careful not to let the bar drop too far. I have noticed that by not letting the bar drop to my chest I have been getting a much better pump because of the constant tension on the muscle, I have even started to do some of my other exercises that way. Some people should try doing partial reps, to me it feels as if i'm actually working the muscle more.

I dont see the issue with the range of motion.....

inclines, flats, etc, are meant to be a chest movement. To me, if you lower it down to your chest, you're deloading the pec muscles and putting the majority of the strain straight on the front delts and the shoulder joint. If you go past a certain point at the top, its all on your triceps..

Agree, disagree? Thats just my .02 cents.

Last edited:
Impressive!
Strong guy no doubt about it :headbang:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828