over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw: Thoughts and Prayers

Interesting to see that Dusty put an IG story up (with his chick) asking if he should give more looks into THEIR life...
Have never heard say that stuff before.

and this is the same chick that everyone attacked for posting a tiiiiny bit of info about Dusty being in the hospital.
she OBVIOUSLY has dusty on her side right now. Cant imagine the, "oh well i yelled at your chick" stuff is looking good right now.

This whole scenario concerning Dusty Hanshaw has really driven home the fact of a few things in my mind in the bodybuilding world. Ninety eight percent of you are good solid people who came in and gave your well wishes to a guy "Dusty" who got a really bad hand dealt to him in this situation. The guy has given solid content and instruction over the years and people can tell he is a genuine person (which he is). But there is no doubt at all that there is a small percentage of people in bodybuilding that are horribly damaged, 'messed in the head" people. In the last 3 weeks Ive gotten ripped on social media, I've gotten shredded in PM's, and accused of being a flat out liar in this situation concerning Dusty. A lot of you guys saw that member of this board last weekend come in here and leave about 6 posts ripping Dusty and I as being fu*&ing liars and basically he could not hack that this was not about bodybuilding drugs. The mods deleted it but the same guy went off on me in Instagram PM's....that this "had to be from bodybuilding drugs and I am a F*&king liar"....a member of this board....I showed my wife and some close friends some of these various texts and it causes you to shake your head at how truly messed up a small percentage of people in this sport are. I appreciate the people in this endeavor who have their head on straight as a lot of you on this thread have shown.
Years ago when "society" was a little less "civilized" I feel like hoople heads such as this tended to be culled from the herd, either run through with a sword or gunned down over a card table in a frontier saloon type of thing, far more often than they do these days.

NO, I am not advocating murder...............just pointing out an observation of history. lol

Anyone else ever miss the good ole days sometimes? lol

Interesting to see that Dusty put an IG story up (with his chick) asking if he should give more looks into THEIR life...

and this is the same chick that everyone attacked for posting a tiiiiny bit of info about Dusty being in the hospital.
she OBVIOUSLY has dusty on her side right now. Cant imagine the, "oh well i yelled at your chick" stuff is looking good right now.
So it sounds like he is ok with what she did. That's great, and he has her support for his recovery as well.

Really? I talked to him for an hour the other day.....she told him her side, I told my side.....not a problem in the least. She apologized to him and said she didnt know what to do at that very moment in time about the situation so she posted. He knows i will always have his back and vice versa

Others:
He lost 60-70lbs from being prone in the hospital for 3-4 weeks. Im shocked what people are expecting of him right now and Im shocked to see some people pissed off that he is trying to get back to his life as quickly as possible.
so here are some facts:
1) Could not walk late last week
2) Tried his hardest to walk and was able to the next day with walker
3) Wanted badly to get out of hospital so left in a wheelchair the next day
4) Walked with walker the next day but would get incredibly exhausted very quickly
5) Cleaned Tracheotomy hole 2 days ago, tried to get to gym to get his lifeblood back (he needed it mentally)...so he went even though he is still unsteady on his feet
6) Every day and every hour he says he is feeling better, stability is coming back to him and his thoughts are getting clearer and clearer
7) had incredibly real dreams about friends and family for the 3 weeks he was under...so much so that he thought they were real when he woke up
8) is going to try to go on "its just bodybuilding" podcast today (filming right now)...with a nurse to explain everything
9) I am personally shocked at what people expect of him right now.....he is trying his best to get back to being able to do some things like a normal human being and people expect him to put up 2 hour videos of himself

Cmon 'TheOtherOne55' ....Dusty and I are way tighter than that.....we talk virtually every day either thru text or otherwise. We go back a decade plus. We are tight.

Really? I talked to him for an hour the other day.....she told him her side, I told my side.....not a problem in the least. She apologized to him and said she didnt know what to do at that very moment in time about the situation so she posted. He knows i will always have his back and vice versa

Cmon 'TheOtherOne55' ....Dusty and I are way tighter than that.....we talk virtually every day either thru text or otherwise. We go back a decade plus. We are tight.
Not sure where you thought i specifically called YOU out...
Because this entire thread basically bashed her. Saying it was "for her benefit, not his."
Doessssn't seem like that now huh? If she was as snakey as everyone here reacted....she would've been gone awhiiile ago.

"She didn't know what to do at that moment" sounds very different than what LOTS of people were saying here a couple weeks ago.
Not calling it out...just pointing out that this woman whom we all MADE SOUND LIKE AN ATTENTION GRABBER seems to actually care for this guy. And Dusty obviously knows and values this as he is counting her as an "US" in his IG now.

i think its OK to say that maybe we were wrong about her.....

Let's get back to wishing Dusty well and leave the personal stuff to be handled personally! I'll delete anything else that isn't about wishing him well or his recovery!! Thank You!

I remember concreteguy from here telling that being in comma like that was like being in hell. He said he would have terrible dreams. CG was out for a while and last I knew made a good recovery.

I am hoping the best for Dusty and his health. Wishing him a full recovery.
He will just have to block out the bologna that comes with being ineternet famous.

Others:
He lost 60-70lbs from being prone in the hospital for 3-4 weeks. Im shocked what people are expecting of him right now and Im shocked to see some people pissed off that he is trying to get back to his life as quickly as possible.
so here are some facts:
4) Walked with walker the next day but would get incredibly exhausted very quickly
5) Cleaned Tracheotomy hole 2 days ago, tried to get to gym to get his lifeblood back (he needed it mentally)...so he went even though he is still unsteady on his feet
6) Every day and every hour he says he is feeling better, stability is coming back to him and his thoughts are getting clearer and clearer
7) had incredibly real dreams about friends and family for the 3 weeks he was under...so much so that he thought they were real when he woke up
8) is going to try to go on "its just bodybuilding" podcast today (filming right now)...with a nurse to explain everything
9) I am personally shocked at what people expect of him right now.....he is trying his best to get back to being able to do some things like a normal human being and people expect him to put up 2 hour videos of himself

Don`t pay attention to the negative comments. I would be glad to help, but nothing disclosed on social media, just in privet.

I’m just glad to hear Dusty is doing better.
Thank you for the update @DOGGCRAPP . How many people could go through that and have the will to get right back in the gym. If half the people in the world had half the drive and heart that Dusty has this planet would be a much better place.

Others:
.....once again thks for the update, dante !

Others:
so here are some facts:

Completely understand bro.I was out for 3 months and 6 total hospital stay.Lost all my size and two fingers.I can relate to what he went through but you can't keep a warrior down.Glad he is getting it all together again.He has good people in his corner.

Good to hear about Dustys' physical and mental betterment.
He inspires a ton of people.
Thanks for all you do as well Dante and the updates, its appreciated...

Dude just needs to step back and recover fully, going to hard to fast will only prolong his healing time, i hope all the best for him he truly seems like a great guy.

Dude just needs to step back and recover fully, going to hard to fast will only prolong his healing time, i hope all the best for him he truly seems like a great guy.
Yeah, in that video on Instagram linked above he acknowledges that he was wrong. His priorities seem to be shifting very fast. This is all new territory for him, as it would be for anyone. I can speak from experience too. It's tough to change your entire life. Luckily for him this should only be temporary.

Slow is steady, steady is fast!

Dusty just posted a thank you video.

That was a really good video! It sounds like he's coming around. It had to be a whirlwind waking up after a month and finding out all that happened. As bodybuilders, powerlifters, whatever it may be, we're a goal oriented group. So, when Dusty came to, naturally he fell into what he knows best and that's start making goals and working towards them. His goals were a lot out of the gate but now his head seems to be clearing and the reality of everything has given him pause. He seems to be in the right head space now or close to it. Truly wish you the best Dusty! The weights will always be there. Heal up, your body needs that and then your journey into the iron can resume!!

Muscle memory is an amazing thing when a trained athlete has these "set backs".
I'm really looking forward to seeing how quickly (hopefully not to quickly) Dusty is able
to rebuild what he has lost. Far more important that he get his GI issues resolved first.
For someone as focused as Dusty it doesn't surprise me how quickly he is recovering.
In my opinion OCD is a common trait in successful people and I'd bet my left very atrophied
testicle Dusty's type A with a double dose of OCD!
His trach scar will be a permanent reminder however and hopefully a warning everytime
he looks in the mirror.
All this other "he said she said" stuff is irrelevant.
Slow and steady wins the race Dusty.

Who cares if Dusty even gets back to bodybuilding? In the video he did say something along the line of, 'I'm 230lbs. and I don't give a shit.' I have no clue what's in his mind but it shouldn't shock anyone if he steps away from bodybuilding, particularly since he's 40. Events like this sometimes make people reprioritize things.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws