over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw trains back (recent)

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKisBNjgyY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKisBNjgyY[/ame]

"I'm just trying to tone". Love this guy's attitude.

Great Video thanks for posting.
Dusty has to be the most likeable guy in bodybuilding love his candor before during and after training.

very likeable guy

one of the worst "flowing physiques" tho... amazing u can be that big and lose shows to guys 30 lbs lighter.... I think it was matt lowder or something close to that name beat dusty at jr nationals and was half dustys size... but looked WAY more pleasing.

even in these vids I find it a bit sad he has to lift such heavy weight to look so dismall.... many a pro lift as much or less and look WA?Y better than dusty. when he got his pro card that was the end of his career....... great guy tho. down to earth, hard worker etc. genetics area bitch.
edit: so glad he got rid of the awful earrings. those were cool like 20 years ago. I had em too;)
-F2S

Last edited:
one of the worst "flowing physiques" tho... amazing u can be that big and lose shows to guys 30 lbs lighter.... I think it was matt lowder or something close to that name beat dusty at jr nationals and was half dustys size... but looked WAY more pleasing.

even in these vids I find it a bit sad he has to lift such heavy weight to look so dismall.... many a pro lift as much or less and look WA?Y better than dusty. when he got his pro card that was the end of his career....... great guy tho. down to earth, hard worker etc. genetics area bitch.
edit: so glad he got rid of the awful earrings. those were cool like 20 years ago. I had em too;)
-F2S

Ya....but dusty works harder than just about anyone out there and he hustles his ass off! I appreciate and respect that way more than a guy that was just born with great genetics

I've always been a fan of his and he's a animal skull crushers with 225 pounds

Last edited:
Man dusty is strong! I'd kill for some of that back strength. He's towing about what I deadlift, lol

-F2S

I think its freaking awesome. the guy didnt have pro genetics or symmetry and willed himself into a pro bodybuilder. Its freaking awesome. Right before i started training him he placed 5th in a heavyweight class up in an amateur show in the northwest with a smaller version of the non symmetrical physique you see. He weighed 224lbs. And that was after many many years of training. He gained 50lbs of muscle mass...made his back a standout bodypart and got a pro card....and guess what else.....was easily one of the highest paid amateur bodybuilders ever and now has had a pro career with contract after contract....meanwhile guys who have unbelievable symmetrical physiques like Melvin Anthony cant land a contract and have to leave bodybuilding...(because they dont get that you actually have to market yourself).....who the F*&k cares if you win any contests in this sport.....what does that get you? Nothing if you look at all the broke pro bodybuilders in this endeavor......meanwhile this guy keeps reaping the benefits......dont feel "sad" for him.....he is crushing it while guys with god given genetics around him are sucking wind.

I will guarantee you one thing though....maybe you are not impressed when they are all onstage in posing trunks under bright lights...but in person...standing next to him...Dusty is incredibly impressive....99.9% of the people who see him walk by think "holy shit!"

Last edited:
I could watch his videos all day long. If I need a good mind pump to get me ready for the gym, i'll try to play a vid or two. I agree with DC, I respect him a lot more for what he has accomplished than somebody that just seems like they are going through the motions and everything comes easy. Dusty has busted his ass to get where he is, and I can relate to that a lot more. I'd much rather have him as a workout partner than many others.

-F2S

I am all for speaking your mind but this just seems unnecessarily rude to me. Although I do have the testosterone level of a 92 year old woman at the moment :eek::D As others have mentioned I definitely have added respect to the guys who don't have the genetics but still made it happen. I watch a lot of workout videos and that was definitely a good one.

I am all for speaking your mind but this just seems unnecessarily rude to me. Although I do have the testosterone level of a 92 year old woman at the moment :eek::D As others have mentioned I definitely have added respect to the guys who don't have the genetics but still made it happen. I watch a lot of workout videos and that was definitely a good one.

did I say anything untrue?
perhaps it was unneccesarily honest.
again, I like dusty. his work ethic his business sense etc. I was only talking about his physique.

I have personally seen flex wheeler lift baby weight w near zero intensity and looked like... flex wheeler. so perhaps my assessment is skewed...
-F2S

Last edited:
again, I like dusty. his work ethic his business sense etc. I was only talking about his physique.

I have personally seen flex wheeler lift baby weight w near zero intensity and looked like... flex wheeler. so perhaps my assessment is skewed...
-F2S

I'd take dustys build with his work ethic over flex genetics any day

-F2S

I guess not and I do appreciate blunt honesty most of the time on here but I was just surprised by the wording. You are completely right though and some people just have it easy when it comes to building muscle and looking good.

No more clomid for me :D

I'd take dustys build with his work ethic over flex genetics any day

I like to think the work ethic is what he's worked towards after grinding it for all these years; the physique is just the by product. When you compare Dusty doing a set to a lot of the other pros; it's a night and day difference.

I don't have the prettiest physique either so it's easy for me to relate to Dusty as his body is a by product of going to war both in the gym, and at the dinner table for many many years.

Dusty...no doubt has an incredible physique.....very wide...
has done some things......well respected....
come a long way.....intense work ethic.....worked for
everything hes earned....

but....his body does not flow AS WELL AS OTHERS.....
not proportioned...AS WELL AS OTHERS....

that doesn't mean he hasn't deserved his card...

also doesn't mean he cant win a pro show...

if pac man can make it to the Olympia.....so can Dusty....

but in person...standing next to him...Dusty is incredibly impressive....99.9% of the people who see him walk by think "holy shit!"

This is an understatement. It was 3-4 years ago when I saw him in person for the first time, he was behind the counter at his store in Scottsdale. I had never seen someone who completely blew my mind like that before, even with his 3-4XL shirt the thickness just radiated out.

I went home that day and started reading up about him, discovered DC training and everything else. I'm still not a big guy, but I'm over 30lbs bigger than I was that day at the same or less bf. I dont think I wouldve made progress at the rate I have if I didnt spiral onto a different path after learning how he trained and all that is DC.

This is an understatement. It was 3-4 years ago when I saw him in person for the first time, he was behind the counter at his store in Scottsdale. I had never seen someone who completely blew my mind like that before, even with his 3-4XL shirt the thickness just radiated out.

I went home that day and started reading up about him, discovered DC training and everything else. I'm still not a big guy, but I'm over 30lbs bigger than I was that day at the same or less bf. I dont think I wouldve made progress at the rate I have if I didnt spiral onto a different path after learning how he trained and all that is DC.

haha similar thing happened to me when I was visiting a friend in Arizona a few years ago. popped into one of their stores to grab a drink and he was there in the store. was the biggest bodybuilder I've ever seen in person. super nice guy to chat with too

cant argue with that

Dusty...no doubt has an incredible physique.....very wide...
has done some things......well respected....
come a long way.....intense work ethic.....worked for
everything hes earned....

but....his body does not flow AS WELL AS OTHERS.....
not proportioned...AS WELL AS OTHERS....

that doesn't mean he hasn't deserved his card...

also doesn't mean he cant win a pro show...

if pac man can make it to the Olympia.....so can Dusty....

I kinda regret that first post. must have been in a jealous bitter mood lol. I respect dusty and what he has accomplished. most of us would only dream of it.
I have a friend that took 3rd in masters nationals as super heavy and he recently admitted if he ever gets his card his competing days will be done cuz he realizes he would never win. that's gotta be a hard pill to swallow. dusty is def doing the right thing by working social media and being good embassador of the sport.

sorry for my bitter overly blunt criticism. was not necassry and coulda worded it a lot better.
I will say Matt Lowden gave me hopes lol. at like 215 or 220lbs he beat a 275lbs dusty hanshaw. gave us skinny guys some hope lol.
-F2S

that was an awesome video! man Dusty looks thick as hell!:headbang:

haha similar thing happened to me when I was visiting a friend in Arizona a few years ago. popped into one of their stores to grab a drink and he was there in the store. was the biggest bodybuilder I've ever seen in person. super nice guy to chat with too

Dusty looks great but I wouldn's say he looked huge when I met him. But he could have been on a low period at the time. Although I did meet the likes of Zack Khan the very same day. It's weird though as in person I thought Phil Heath looked small (huge arms etc but just overall frame) but look at him on stage he is the best by far and looks ridiculously good. Some of these genetically gifted guys (such as Phil) only have push the petal a bit and they start inflating.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131