over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw Trains With Dante Trudel

I taught Justin those. There are a quite a few variations you can do with it

A little different take on these, this morning. I lined up an adjustable bench in front of the (high) pulley, rope attachment, same idea as the low row variation, at the top of the eccentric I'm letting my lats stretch for a few seconds in between reps. Felt awesome. When technical failure hit, I'd bring the grip in a little closer and keep going.

A little different take on these, this morning. I lined up an adjustable bench in front of the (high) pulley, rope attachment, same idea as the low row variation, at the top of the eccentric I'm letting my lats stretch for a few seconds in between reps. Felt awesome. When technical failure hit, I'd bring the grip in a little closer and keep going.

Holy crap, the DOMS is so bad from these it hurts to lay down lol I was also letting my lats stretch at the top for a few seconds every rep. Killer!

I wanna try the chest lifts but I'm terrified of a pec tear

Raise your bench to a 45 degree angle (not 30 degrees that is customary)..so it is a higher than normal incline.....go thumbless so it forces your elbows downward and not outward...and doing so will also put you in the position i want you in below. Suck in alot of air on the eccentric phase and at the same time lift your sternum high (stay really tight)....(its too bad you cannot do this with a cambered U-bar but we have to do with what we have)....do all this with a slightly wider than shoulder grip...at the very bottom you should have sternum high like i said and lungs full of air...(you should almost be thinking in your head that your upper chest is parallel with the floor because your sternum is so high and you have so much air in your lungs (its not really but you get it...) a quarter inch above your upper pecs hold the bar there for a count of 5 (probably 3.5-4 true seconds because your going to be breathing so hard) STRETCH UNDER LOAD IT WORKS....then press up through. Do this exercise second or third in your chest routine and warmup progressively with it with maybe 6's and 8's and then your first time out hit 20 reps on your all out work set...every week (to the best of your ability) keep adding weight to each side and do your best to keep your reps up....(its not going to happen but you will have a kickass built in progression with this for an extended time while the weight goes up slightly and the reps come down slightly)....the reps are going to come down 17,16,15,13,12, over time while the weight is going to climb and climb upwards.....wrap your elbows with your knee wraps on your work set so you can keep tricep fatigue out of it on your main set. You are going to end up with some serious heavy weight months down the road at a time when you feel you are stuck at 8-12 reps failure. (and then you can make the decision of resetting it and having another go with higher reps downward, heavy weight upward or you can switch to a new exercise). Stretch under load...it will work for you....that is where the magic is....those 5 seconds in the stretched position on every rep are going to make bigtime changes to the thickness you have in that area....that is the key aspect to this as you go up in weight and down in reps over an extended period of time
DC, you weren't kidding when you recommend that U-shaped cambered bench press bar! I found a local guy selling one online for cheap and have been using it on inclines like you posted above for the past few months and although it's only been a short period of time, have been bringing up my chest (specifically the upper chest, "shelf" area). The stretch at the bottom really is a night and day difference from using a regular olympic bar. It's easily as good of a stretch as when pressing with dbs...

I know those bars are super rare, but for anybody that has access to one (and has healthy shoulders/pecs), definitely give it a go

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation

Yea no doubt its a bread and butter way of bringing in thickness to an upper chest where it was lacking previously. The area that really is deep and sore the day after of doing that exercise the first time really tells the story as most people dont get too sore in that area. Stretch under load. If more people embraced it...I think there would be 100's of thousands of happier bodybuilders on this planet.

There are just so many things I feel like I have been talking about for decades, that are finally starting to hit home with people and embraced by the science now also

**broken link removed**

I wanna try the chest lifts but I'm terrified of a pec tear
yea, i was worried about that too initially on the inclines with the cambered bar, but with the controlled eccentric and pause in the bottom stretched position and the higher reps (15-20), it really mitigates the risk a good amount.

Yea no doubt its a bread and butter way of bringing in thickness to an upper chest where it was lacking previously. The area that really is deep and sore the day after of doing that exercise the first time really tells the story as most people dont get too sore in that area. Stretch under load. If more people embraced it...I think there would be 100's of thousands of happier bodybuilders on this planet.

There are just so many things I feel like I have been talking about for decades, that are finally starting to hit home with people and embraced by the science now also

**broken link removed**
Dante- been reading about your training programs and techniques for years. Guess I was just too co
For table And said in my ways to ever give the DC program a try but I do remember throwing some the excercises you had mentioned with the stretch emphasis. Let me ask you if I may- my upper chest lags horribly and it’s most noticeable from the side and moreso when I cut. What excercises would you suggest abd how to preform - I’m not sure if they have that U barbell in my gym but any other pointers ? I’ve always heard that you can’t target upper chest and it’s just one muscle so 🤷🏻

Woo-hoo! Thanks for reviving the thread, guys. I've been experimenting with a few things, one of them is a 'deadstop' approach to lifts where it's reasonable to do so. I picked up the technique from Dusty, but I began implementing it with other exercises and have enjoyed it.

I've definitely found a new triceps annihilator, deadstop skullcrushers on the floor. I'll dig up the video of Dusty doing them, but you're lying on the floor, ez bar positioned behind your head. You'll want at least about a dime on each side to have room to get your hands under, you're powering that bitch up, then letting her down slow and controlled, focusing on that stretch. I haven't had triceps that sore in years. I've also tried it with Db overhead extensions, except what I'm doing for the 'deadstop' is resting it briefly on the back of whatever upright seat I'm on

Highly effective for rows, as well! I've been incorporating more and more of the technique as I continue to experiment. I even do it for spider curls, letting the weight come to a momentary rest on the seat of the preacher bench. Killer with leg extensions and curls, as well.

We need to revive a unique exercises thread and maybe, just maybe Dante would be willing to chime in on various ways he and other guys get weird with it (giggity)

I'm having a fuckin blast trying out new things at my new gym. I've turned this thing into, so far, a barbell row, dumbbell row, shrug, sissy squat and yesterday, a very effective stiff legged dead

All kinda cool shit you can do if you're weirdo like meView attachment 123316
I loved the unique exercise thread. I wish intensemuscle was still accessible to so I could read all the good stuff over there again

I loved the unique exercise thread. I wish intensemuscle was still accessible to so I could read all the good stuff over there again
As said, it's all still over there and accessible. If you're having issues accessing the site, let me know and I'll get you set up over there (again).

-S

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members