over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DUSTY HANSHAW!

Dusty could you post your favorite tricep movements? I really need to bring up the arms.

Also do you have an "arm day" or train biceps with back like the 3-way split?

Are you doing or have you done the 6-way split?would love to see how you guys work that?!I am back on 2-way split myself!
Congrats on the card and your success!I definately watch the videos!

Dusty I'm going to try and word this in a way that you can answer.
When you are offseason and using food and training to grow, does that mean that your supplements are reduced, or gone all together?

When you are offseason and using food and training to grow, does that mean that your supplements are reduced, or gone all together?

Reduced to levels this board would not believe (and havent believed in the past when he tried to talk about it)

I believe it. I maintained a lean 220lb physique and was the strongest (limit strength), I've ever been. I was on next to nothing.

I'd love to hear DC talk about bringing up lagging body parts and this "6 way split". I'm loving the 3 way split, but I've been throwing rear delts in on leg day.

I'd love to hear DC talk about bringing up lagging body parts and this "6 way split". I'm loving the 3 way split, but I've been throwing rear delts in on leg day.
Well, before you go doing that consider what your stats are right now. Are you large enough to truly have week points?

There is no 6 way, there is a 4 day split for advanced trainees. Dante has a very good thread where he talks about contest prep and dancing with who you brought to the dance. Close to the show though he talks about doing 6 days and splitting things up a lot just to get you in the gym for cardio if nothing else. Since the last 4 weeks of a prep you are not building any muscle.

Ive read some of Dustys old stuff and he used to take time off completely . Ive tried this myself, but alays kept training while off everything.
now that im older, my test levels seem squashed by my blood-work and I just do trt dose on my cruises (for me thats 150 mgs)

whats the reasoning behind taking a month or so out of the gym off?

I personally like the gym and keeps me focused, and I am the kind of person that cycles training doing lets say a 8 week blast of some hitt type stuff, then a few days to a week or so completely off, then start back and do a lil more volume , lower weights a bit, higher reps, maybe even shorter workouts, and stop short of anything considered failure, (on trt dosing) then next couple to few weeks (listening to body and health in mind of course) get more into the groove each week, until ready to start going heavy , then maybe starting a blast

Ya I probably worded that wrong!But there is a 6 day split ..used for pre contest and us older guys!:)

To clarify not sure if it has been talked about oh here..But it has been on IM..

Well, before you go doing that consider what your stats are right now. Are you large enough to truly have week points?

There is no 6 way, there is a 4 day split for advanced trainees. Dante has a very good thread where he talks about contest prep and dancing with who you brought to the dance. Close to the show though he talks about doing 6 days and splitting things up a lot just to get you in the gym for cardio if nothing else. Since the last 4 weeks of a prep you are not building any muscle.

Tri-terror, yes I've read that post and that's what I'm referring to. Needing more gym days. I suffer from GAD and It helps if I lift a little something about every day. I've been doing the 3 way split doing a 2 on 1 off.

Just wondering if DC had any tips on a 5 or six day routine he uses.

And your correct....my biggest point was when I was going balls to the walls wth the 2 way! I just enjoy DC and the gym to escape my demons

I believe it. I maintained a lean 220lb physique and was the strongest (limit strength), I've ever been. I was on next to nothing.

It is funny that you mention that. I was at 500-700 mgs for quite some time with little improveent after the the beginning. Then I backed down to 150-200 mgs perweek and after a few months I started to see improvements again, not mind blowing, but improvements.

Dusty could you post your favorite tricep movements? I really need to bring up the arms.

Also do you have an "arm day" or train biceps with back like the 3-way split?

Currently I do have a day devoted just to arms but that literally did not start until last season once Dante decided that I truly had some lagging areas that needed more focus and they forced Dante to really think of some "get weird with it" ways to focus on feeling the muscle while continuing to shoot for progression. A lot of my issues came from losing focus on feeling the muscle while I was training so Dante got creative with movements where if I slacked on focus even for a second I would lose the focused feeling in the muscle.

For tris my favorites are reverse grip bench (I prefer these free weight backwards on the bench so my ass is off the bench keeping my chest safe)

Hammer Strength Dips

and my all time favorite dead skulls (that's my name for them) where you do your skull crushers off of the floor

Are you doing or have you done the 6-way split?would love to see how you guys work that?!I am back on 2-way split myself!
Congrats on the card and your success!I definately watch the videos!

Honestly I am going to leave this question for Dante because the training he has me following is so far away from the basics of my DC splits I couldn't accurately answer the question and I don't want to misrepresent how he has set up my program versus how he would set up other guys at my level.

This offseason it stayed higher as I was using 28.57mg per day

Reduced to levels this board would not believe (and havent believed in the past when he tried to talk about it)

The road that always leads to the same place

Ive read some of Dustys old stuff and he used to take time off completely . Ive tried this myself, but alays kept training while off everything.
now that im older, my test levels seem squashed by my blood-work and I just do trt dose on my cruises (for me thats 150 mgs)

whats the reasoning behind taking a month or so out of the gym off?

I personally like the gym and keeps me focused, and I am the kind of person that cycles training doing lets say a 8 week blast of some hitt type stuff, then a few days to a week or so completely off, then start back and do a lil more volume , lower weights a bit, higher reps, maybe even shorter workouts, and stop short of anything considered failure, (on trt dosing) then next couple to few weeks (listening to body and health in mind of course) get more into the groove each week, until ready to start going heavy , then maybe starting a blast

I currently do doc prescribed dose always broken into daily doses to keep my panels balanced and consistent.

As far as the time off it is something I have been doing for years. I have found that it I keep myself out of the gym for as long as i can handle it allows my body time to recover completely. We all know when we have an injury and we try to deal with it but I have found that by taking completely off for a month or so all of my nagging issues are completely gone when I get back to training. It is as if I have never had any issues not to mention I am hungry to get after my training following a nice long layoff. I also remind people that my entire profession is bodybuilding so sometimes it is just good to stay away from it so you never lose the passion and love for it on all levels. Don't get me wrong this has always been what I wanted to do but when you do it full time it is so nice to step away and hang with people who don't care about bodybuilding so you can just enjoy hearing about their world, what they do, and of course enjoy a few to many glasses of wine from time to time.

It is funny that you mention that. I was at 500-700 mgs for quite some time with little improveent after the the beginning. Then I backed down to 150-200 mgs perweek and after a few months I started to see improvements again, not mind blowing, but improvements.

I think the biggest pitfall that people have when they are always on is as Dante has said time and time again it allows for them to be less than perfect and still see change. When you are off or extremely low dose it forces you to be meticulous with your sleep, diet, supplements, training, etc... to ensure you are making changes. Then when you have been doing that so well without transitioning to being back on you have been killing it in all areas so you keep nailing those things with the addition of the extras to take all of that meticulous planning and organization to the next level. The food, diet, supps feed off of the hormones and vice versa.

^^^^^^LOL @28.57g a day! I believe him 100%....just a hilarious way to say it.

Dusty, we know you obviously use and love IFN products as well as TN products. More than anything....while your sports supplementation is surely solid, I'd love to know what your HEALTH essentials are. Your personal staples. If you feel like going into your sports nutrition....that'd be cool too but I really want to see the health staples if you would be so kind to share with us.

^^^^^^LOL @28.57g a day! I believe him 100%....just a hilarious way to say it.
I thought maybe he was trolling me...
And then I did the math and its 200mg a week.

Last edited:
Ha ha I have seen the break down before of it daily so I caught on but I did laugh that he put it that way.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ha ha I have seen the break down before of it daily so I caught on but I did laugh that he put it that way.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Lol, I wrote it that way because I use it daily rather than altering my levels daily by taking it in one big hit or two

Dusty:

-When are you and your wife releasing a book/hosting a seminar on good bodybuilding recipes like in your iForce videos? I think I speak for the majority here that we'd pay quite a bit for it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws