advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty switched from DC to volume training = new gains?

tr

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
From his FB
Dusty Hanshaw said:
Deciding to hire Chris to train me for the USA's is proving to be one of the best decisions I have made. I have not had a trainer take me through a workout in years and he has shown me so many new things in our short time together. I'm feeling muscles I never even knew I had and my physique is changing rapidly. I cannot wait to be back in the gym with him tomorrow morning before coming home to Az.

DH~8

Well when you keep doing the same thing consistently it's bound to stop working. His body is just loving the change.

Well when you keep doing the same thing consistently it's bound to stop working. His body is just loving the change.

Probably you're right. DC definately works Dante proved this over and over with this clients, but if you're not genetic freak you cannot progress years after years doing the same things, I've seen Dustys latest leg training video and at least his leg has improved a lot

More power to him. I would have done the same thing.
Lets be honest here. He needs someone to help him. I havent trained someone since 2009...im done...I have 27 employees in custom manufacturing and the furthest thing from my mind is training anybody. So with the bodybuilding political climate as it is....think it out.
Where do you go to get exposure? Venice Golds. Who trains people at Venice Golds? CC. Where should you go to every couple of weeks if you want to keep meeting up with photogs in the bodybuilding industry and get exposure? Venice Golds. So should he stay loyal to me...a guy in San Diego who really cant do him any good at all publicity wise at this point and who is someone who doesnt train anyone anymore and doesnt have the time to help Dusty in email form or online? Or should he venture out and do something new?

Easy answer.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Dusty has more exposure that most pro bodybuilders and, no offense, definitely more coverage than his contest placings deserve. Seems like he needs to improve his physique more than he needs to meet photographers. Guess I don't know much about the bodybuilding biz.

im with alpmaster and buselmo in regards to dusty.

shape = genetics, size = hormones, PERIOD.

No training baloonie is going to make dusty have massive hamstrings, or change the shape of his X quads if there Y.

Deductive reasoning, not hard to use.

im with alpmaster and buselmo in regards to dusty.

shape = genetics, size = hormones, PERIOD.

No training baloonie is going to make dusty have massive hamstrings, or change the shape of his X quads if there Y.

Deductive reasoning, not hard to use.

so he should just quit altogether? at least give the guy some credit for trying to exhaust every possibility to accomplish his goal. but ill have to agree with you, no type of training or trainer is going to change his shape.

Where should you go to every couple of weeks if you want to keep meeting up with photogs in the bodybuilding industry and get exposure

This is the bottom line right here...Most don't get it, this is what it takes to move up the ladder...Getting the exposure and staying in the positive spotlight.....

IMO... I think it's a bit of both. Your body will always adapt to something over time. I think Dusty just needed something new to shock his body. You guys have to remember he built his muscle from DC... just like Kuclo, Justin Harris, even Shelby and many others. Now it's about bring up lagging body parts and fine tuning. Nothing wrong with that.

Of course the exposure will only help his career in many ways.

Dusty probably still uses or incorporates DC for some bodyparts. Never know.... reason I believe this is because I trained DC a few years back... and it was responsible for building my legs... it brought them up faster than any other body part. I did some other training and then moved on to MD. For me DC works best for my Legs and Back, MD works well for my chest. And pure volume works well for my arms and shoulders. My point.... if you are stuck and not making gains, you have to continue to experiment to see what works best for YOUR body.

So who is training him now? Chris who??

I thought Chris Acceto was doing his nutrition anyway?

So who is training him now? Chris who??

I thought Chris Acceto was doing his nutrition anyway?

Chris Cormier - trainer
Chris Aceto - nutritionist (was I think?)

Chris "Team Real Deal" Cormier. He's got a lot of followers. He trained a very close friend of mine who won her class at the LA Champs last year.

More power to him. I would have done the same thing.
Lets be honest here. He needs someone to help him. I havent trained someone since 2009...im done...I have 27 employees in custom manufacturing and the furthest thing from my mind is training anybody. So with the bodybuilding political climate as it is....think it out.
Where do you go to get exposure? Venice Golds. Who trains people at Venice Golds? CC. Where should you go to every couple of weeks if you want to keep meeting up with photogs in the bodybuilding industry and get exposure? Venice Golds. So should he stay loyal to me...a guy in San Diego who really cant do him any good at all publicity wise at this point and who is someone who doesnt train anyone anymore and doesnt have the time to help Dusty in email form or online? Or should he venture out and do something new?

Easy answer.

Where does that leave Ced McMillan?

Cedric already gets a fair amount of exposure through his sponsorships. I don't think he even has the time with his full-time job to deal with more PR than he's already doing. And chris aceto for nutrition seems to be working well. His training also seems fairly dialed in.

Politically, this move makes a lot of sense of Dusty.

As for his appearance, his body might actually change a bit because he's trained one way for so long. I go back and forth between low and high volume. Each style works and has its benefits.

One thing that I have yet to see is anything revolutionary from Chris Cormier. He might be a good trainer in terms of pushing somebody, but aside from being a successful IFBB pro, where does he stand in terms of training knowledge? I've never read any training articles by him. I've never seen any really informative videos of him. He never really made a huge leap in his IFBB pro days... He was very consistent and had GREAT genetic (and partied A LOTTTT).

If I were looking for a change in training, I would have leaned more towards a guy like John Meadows. His volume style has both science/logic and results. You know there's more reason behind something aside from "it peaks your biceps" and "details the quads".

Just my ignorant opinion though.

Where does that leave Ced McMillan?

Im not training him either.... I did so when he asked me to because I had taken him up to a large size previously in 2009 I think......and then he got away from it and didn't put on any more size and didn't do so well in a couple shows......he then came back and asked me to help him get supersized again with the NY Pro show being the target....which he won (dominated).

He is doing his own thing again. He doesn't need my help unless the judges tell him "you need to get bigger again to stand next to Heath and Greene"

I am completely done....you guys can search far and wide....there are no more skeleton trainees hidden in my closet....LOL

I am on to other things....

Last edited:
Cedric lost me when I saw his "training biceps for long arms" video.

:banghead:

Here is Dusty and his wife Ev and my wife Diane and myself 2 weeks ago at the SD championships....we are still the best of friends....and I wish him all the rewards this sport can give him...... he works so damn hard and deservedly is the highest paid amateur bodybuilder in the sport. Ev's girl she brought in that show won the whole figure class.....

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2,417
Im not training him either.... I did so when he asked me to because I had taken him up to a large size previously in 2009 I think......and then he got away from it and didn't put on any more size and didn't do so well in a couple shows......he then came back and asked me to help him get supersized again with the NY Pro show being the target....which he won (dominated).

He is doing his own thing again. He doesn't need my help unless the judges tell him "you need to get bigger again to stand next to Heath and Greene"

I am completely done....you guys can search far and wide....there are no more skeleton trainees hidden in my closet....LOL

I am on to other things....

Good luck with what ever you do Dante.

BUT JUST LET ME SAY, IT's OUR LOSS. :(
Hope you keep posting every now and then when you have time

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member