over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EAAs, BCAAS, and optimal timing to take both

GDADDYG8

Registered
EAAs can build muscle.

BCAAs turn on the muscle building switch.

It makes sense to me to have BCAAs an hour or so after eating a complete protein meal to help “turn on” muscle protein synthesis.

It makes sense to me to take EAAs during cardio, workouts, or any catabolic activity to preserve muscle.

I think both have a role, especially during a cutting phase.

Interest to hear what you think about this approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EAAs can build muscle.

BCAAs turn on the muscle building switch.

It makes sense to me to have BCAAs an hour or so after eating a complete protein meal to help “turn on” muscle protein synthesis.

It makes sense to me to take EAAs during cardio, workouts, or any catabolic activity to preserve muscle.

I think both have a role, especially during a cutting phase.

Interest to hear what you think about this approach.

Leucine, not all three BCAA's stimulate protein synthesis.

You want to have leucine before a meal, not after. Otherwise it will get lsot in the mix of everything else being digested.

I really think the "muscle loss during cardio" is exaggerated.

If you're eating enough whole protein and EAA's, I wouldnt buy BCAA. Just EAA and leucine since its so cheap.

Interesting thought. Have you noticed rd that EAAs are normally composed of 5g of BCAAs and maybe 1g if the other 6 essential amino acids. Doesn’t sounds like a good ratio. Does that 1g or less of the other 6 really make a difference?

Interesting thought. Have you noticed rd that EAAs are normally composed of 5g of BCAAs and maybe 1g if the other 6 essential amino acids. Doesn’t sounds like a good ratio. Does that 1g or less of the other 6 really make a difference?

Of the EAA's I've used, that is not the ratio. True Nutrition EAA is about 5g Lecuine and 5g the remaining aminos.

Personally I dont ever use just EAA. I like sipping them toward the end of a workout because they're light on the stomach but immediately post I would follow up with a complete protein like a Hydrolyzed whey.

Of the EAA's I've used, that is not the ratio. True Nutrition EAA is about 5g Lecuine and 5g the remaining aminos.

Personally I dont ever use just EAA. I like sipping them toward the end of a workout because they're light on the stomach but immediately post I would follow up with a complete protein like a Hydrolyzed whey.

How do you flavor your EAAs from true nutrition?

Splitting hairs. If you need aminos. Eaa have been deemed to be superior.

I’ve had the best results hands down from putting them in my water and drinking all day during a prep (40-50g a day had extremely noticeable effects).

If you’re getting whole protein sources as well (obviously we are repeatedly throughout the day) then BCAAs will keep that switch on, otherwise they will just be converted to use as fuel.

I’ve had the best results hands down from putting them in my water and drinking all day during a prep (40-50g a day had extremely noticeable effects).

If you’re getting whole protein sources as well (obviously we are repeatedly throughout the day) then BCAAs will keep that switch on, otherwise they will just be converted to use as fuel.

This make sense to me. Studies where people take BCAAs without eating or fasted beforehand they don’t work. But if you are eating a meal with protein with the BCAAs is how they are suppose to be used.

EAA is enough

For myself I only use them Intra workout. I astick to Whole Foods throughput day and only supplements around my workout. My Intra usually is
50g carbs (karbolyn/Vitargo)
Eaa 2 scoops of whatever I’m using. Currently Pro Supps
Creatine 5g
Citrulline 3g

I have never thought about amino acids in the form of supplements, if you consume enough protein with food and some shake, I see no reason to consume BCAAs.

Fear of catabolism in cutting? Something totally exaggerated, even if you are natural, but if you are in juice, then, your mind has been deceived by marketing nonsenses.

IDK, for me I take 30 gms Bcaa plus and 80 gms Dextrose Pre.
76 gms whey iso and another 75 gms waxy maize Intra.
Then 75 gms whole egg, egg white and beef protein with 75 gms Hbcd post!
But I always figure I would rather have too much than Not enough!

IDK, for me I take 30 gms Bcaa plus and 80 gms Dextrose Pre.
76 gms whey iso and another 75 gms waxy maize Intra.
Then 75 gms whole egg, egg white and beef protein with 75 gms Hbcd post!
But I always figure I would rather have too much than Not enough!

Hopefully you have a highly efficient carbamoyl phosphate synthetase I gene expression and no hepatic impairments. Otherwise that may lead to quite the ammonia retention, not good.

Well I'm No Dr....But I am Thriving!!!

Well I'm No Dr....But I am Thriving!!!

To put it in more simpler terms.

As we age our genes don't fire as efficiently as they used to in our younger years. Or, unknowingly specific genes we were given by both of our parents don't function in a manner that a majority of the populations do. Not that this is your particular situation. Moreso of a overview of gene responses.

Nonetheless if you happen to have some sort of hepatic impairment [(being of your liver) tally up different things that are toxic to your liver that you may be taking] and you take in higher amounts of amino acids, including food sources, your body may have a hard time riding the excessive ammonia build up. It's a bit more complicated than this. Tho I think you get the picture.

I get it, nitrogen retention is a must for restructuring of muscle tissue. Although we tend to not realize too much nitrogen retention in the face of inefficient clearance can be not so good on our overall health.

I'd toss in a bit of L-Citrulline to help your urea cycle. That's if you're not doing this already :)

Last edited:
So were would this excess Ammonia show on a Blood test ?
My liver and kidney function seems Good and Uric acid as well ?

So were would this excess Ammonia show on a Blood test ?

My liver and kidney function seems Good and Uric acid as well ?

You would most likely also smell it when you urinate. I know I did as did my lady lol

When I am consistently drinking EAA's between meals I notice a lot of benefit. Obviously if you're eating 6 solid meals spaced out then they are by no means essential or even needed. However for me it's a better way to get my fluids in as I struggle to drink plain water throughout the day. When combined with aas the constant supply of aminos only benefits me.

Otherwise they are very useful intra workout. Some guys think it's marketing bullshit but the whole industry is. But if you actually try it with good product you should notice a massive difference in recovery times. I do and as a result I increased my training frequency. I also use an intra shake as a simple way of getting in another meal. I travel to the gym and train fairly high volume so getting an easily digested shake/meal (calories) in only benefits me and I eat when I get home.

Go with EAA's. There are plenty of well dosed products about.

Personally I have never seen a need for BCAAs when EAAs are that and then some.

Personally I’ve seen no difference using either of them or not. I don’t waste my money on them anymore. It makes such a miniscule difference if any at all

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws