over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EAA's with Food

FK86

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Can EAA's be consumed with foods? I've decided to ditch the whey and protein shakes in general. I was only having two a day, but want to use EAA's in place of them. My intra will be mixed with other supplements and only in water like I have been for a while. Since my EAA's are blueberry flavored, I was thinking of making a morning shake and combining them with blueberries, almond milk, and avocado. Are there any absorption issues by having them with whole foods? Probably a dumb question, but I just wanted to clarify if for some reason it's preferred to have them on an empty stomach with only water.

Also, is it generally accepted that 10 g of EAA roughly equals 40 g of protein and contains 40 calories?

EAA are not complete proteins so it’s not gonna equal 40g of protein

IMO you should stick with the whey shakes over EAA’s. Why make a morning shake with EAA when you can use a protein powder instead.

IMO you should stick with the whey shakes over EAA’s. Why make a morning shake with EAA when you can use a protein powder instead.
Even better just get it from food, my favorite is whole egg.

I feel my digestion could be better. I use a third party tested whey isolate currently and I don't get gassy or run for the bathroom or anything. I do notice I can get bloated and have mucous production, so that's why I considered the idea. Although, I'm wondering if switching the source could improve the situation. Using a grass-fed isolate or micellar casein as dairy in general doesn't seem to bother me. Could also be smarter to go with unflavoured.

I feel my digestion could be better. I use a third party tested whey isolate currently and I don't get gassy or run for the bathroom or anything. I do notice I can get bloated and have mucous production, so that's why I considered the idea. Although, I'm wondering if switching the source could improve the situation. Using a grass-fed isolate or micellar casein as dairy in general doesn't seem to bother me. Could also be smarter to go with unflavoured.

IMO Whole Foods are better BUT if you are trying togo the shake route which I do as well because of convenience I would go with a Pure whey isolate Or Whey protein Hydrolysate would even be better for digestion. Also like you mention maybe a grass fed isolate or something like Redcone1 MRE lite where it’s Derive from differnt animal protein sources.

Some brands that treated my digestion well are Dymatize ISO 100, Species Isolyze, NutraBio 100% whey protein isolate. They all taste amazing BTW

For 100% Hydro whey I just order from
True nutrition so let’s see how that taste. I went with the Cinnamon swirl flavor.

IMO Whole Foods are better BUT if you are trying togo the shake route which I do as well because of convenience I would go with a Pure whey isolate Or Whey protein Hydrolysate would even be better for digestion. Also like you mention maybe a grass fed isolate or something like Redcone1 MRE lite where it’s Derive from differnt animal protein sources.

Some brands that treated my digestion well are Dymatize ISO 100, Species Isolyze, NutraBio 100% whey protein isolate. They all taste amazing BTW

For 100% Hydro whey I just order from
True nutrition so let’s see how that taste. I went with the Cinnamon swirl flavor.
Best of luck on the 100% hydro. Nothing against the guys at True Nutrition but I'm guessing it'll be really difficult to make that palatable. Hope I'm wrong because there's times of the day I use EAAs just to help stabilize my blood sugar, but I'd prefer a full protein source.

Best of luck on the 100% hydro. Nothing against the guys at True Nutrition but I'm guessing it'll be really difficult to make that palatable. Hope I'm wrong because there's times of the day I use EAAs just to help stabilize my blood sugar, but I'd prefer a full protein source.

Thanks I didn’t spend much since it was 2lbs so hoping the taste is good but I gotta throw out a 5 pound iso just bc I don’t like the flavor lol. Just purchased a new iso for $66 5 pounds. After this I’m sticking to brands I know that make quality protein that taste good

I use EAA's in between meals at times. Starting today I am doing something similar with an amino product and basically consuming 2 scoops with 1 litre of water between most meals. Yes you want complete proteins but if you are eating many times daily like me you will have the full spectrum of aminos from all the whole foods you eat. I use them because I enjoy the taste and I digest them very easily and just look at it like a top up. Yes people whole foods are superior but you can utilize both especially when pushing your protein consumption. I prefer to keep liquids away from meals but sure you could top on during a meal as well. In that event a good whey isolate would be good and you would only need to do approx 20g so a very little shake and that could bump up your protein content for every meal. If you had 5 meals that would be an extra 100g protein per day done in a smart and easy way. EAA's makes most sense around training because you want a fast digesting/absorbing product so intra or post is ideal.

pretty sure eaa's are complete proteins

Well from my knowledge there are 9 Essential Amino acids and OP is taking about supplementing an EAA supplement for breakfast instead of a whey protein shake. There are 20 total amino acids. His EAA shake won’t have all 20 but his Whey protein shakes will thus being a complete protein.

1 scoop of whey is typically 25g of protein there’s no way he’s getting 25g of protein from the EAA scoop. Most likely a lot less.

Someone Correct me if my logic is wrong

A complete protein is going to contain all 9 essential amino acids our body cannot produce. EAAs are therefore a complete protein.

EAA + Whey post workout is better than whey alone for triggering muscle protein synthesis (MPS). Probably because of the increased leucine ingestion.

If you're eating every 2 hours, supplementing EAAs isn't going to do much IMO. Their best used around your workout, before/during/after.

If you want to just increase MPS, use leucine alone, its cheaper. But by not consuming other amino acids you wont slow or prevent muscle protein breakdown (MPB).

Net protein balance is what's important.

Net protein balance (NPB) is defined as muscle protein synthesis (MPS) minus muscle protein breakdown (MPB), or NPB = MPS - MPB.

EAA + Whey post workout is better than whey alone for triggering muscle protein synthesis (MPS). Probably because of the increased leucine ingestion.

If you're eating every 2 hours, supplementing EAAs isn't going to do much IMO. Their best used around your workout, before/during/after.

If you want to just increase MPS, use leucine alone, its cheaper. But by not consuming other amino acids you wont slow or prevent muscle protein breakdown (MPB).

Net protein balance (NPB) is defined as muscle protein synthesis (MPS) minus muscle protein breakdown (MPB), or NPB = MPS - MPB.

Ok so complete protein is the correct term for EAA’a but my whole argument was it’s not a “complete” protein bc you can’t compare 1 scoop of whey to 1 scoop of an EAA scoop. The scoop of whey is always gonna yield more protein so you can’t sub the EAA scoop for the whey scoop.

Ok so complete protein is the correct term for EAA’a but my whole argument was it’s not a “complete” protein bc you can’t compare 1 scoop of whey to 1 scoop of an EAA scoop. The scoop of whey is always gonna yield more protein so you can’t sub the EAA scoop for the whey scoop.

I know what you mean but the definition of a complete protein is simply one that contains all the 9 essential aminos. Now stating it will yield less protein is wrong if you are comparing the same sized portions.

you can’t sub the EAA scoop for the whey scoop.

Yes and no. Serrano has done studies that showed 10 g of EAA's had the same anabolic effect as 40 g of protein. I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post so I'll put it another way:

Could someone eating 250 g of protein a day lower it to something like 180 g (I'm just using an arbitrary number), but consume more standalone EAA's that it would be like they were still eating 250 g?

Obviously if someone is eating about 6 whole food meals per day these things aren't really needed. As I posted it makes sense to use certain amino supplements around training. So most people don't even need any and if they were to add it just go with intra workout. However they still can make some difference when consumed regularly so I guess it falls down to why are people having them. I personally struggle to drink much water. In a perfect world I would just drink 1 litre of water between all meals as it's easy enough but I always end up falling off. If it tastes of passion fruit or pineapple etc I can't get enough of it so problem solved. Some may think why not just use water flavouring but the amino acids also to come into things as well. When I use the system I do I want to bump my overall protein content for the day and as I prefer not to eat too much per meal I find it's a very effective and easy system to follow. That's just my thinking behind my approach but everyone is different and they are an add on and in no way essential to progression.

I am curious how many guys here have actually tried it to know what a difference it does or doesn't bring to them? By that I mean 10-20g EAA's drank approx 5 times daily between meals. You are talking about 10 scoops of most EAA products spread throughout the day. I doubt many people have even tried it. We can read what difference it should make and many totally dismiss it as well but I also think it's just something people have to have a good attempt at over months to see the difference. Again it's by no means essential and guys can win the O using no supps at all. However it can be useful especially for guys who want to take in more aminos throughout the day but struggle to attain that through extra whole foods. The same could be said for a small whey isolate shake between all meals like I previously posted. Take a guy who is consuming a standard bb diet (let's say 5 decent meals per day totalling 450g carbs, 250g protein and 100g fat) and on cycle and training hard etc. Just adding in that extra 100g protein spread in mini shakes could make a noticeable difference to his overall recovery and look without him needing to eat more and it just goes in his water in between meals.

I know what you mean but the definition of a complete protein is simply one that contains all the 9 essential aminos. Now stating it will yield less protein is wrong if you are comparing the same sized portions.

I understand

Oh shiet, I'm not the only one with the mucus in relation to whey...lol only on pro muscle. What about using coconut water to mix and possibly a bit of psyllium and lemon zest? Ya I know sounds odd but it has helped me

Oh shiet, I'm not the only one with the mucus in relation to whey...lol only on pro muscle. What about using coconut water to mix and possibly a bit of psyllium and lemon zest? Ya I know sounds odd but it has helped me

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws