over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eardrum and Lifting

Ruhlfreak55

Registered
So I've been having an issue with my ear and draining since February. And it's come to the point now where my gf wants to pierce the eardrum to make it drain (note gf is an NP).

The question is, given that I'm lifting heavy on a basically daily basis, will this even close after doing it?
As most of you have probably experienced, doctors in general can be quite retarded in dealing with those of us that lift heavy weights, and I would think that given the pressures exerted through there when lifting there would be little chance of it being able to close up. Warranted or just me over analyzing?

This is one of those odd ball questions I would think maybe a handful of guys on this board could even answer.

What is the issue with your inner ear? It's been draining for give or take 9 months? You have a girlfriend who is a nurse practitioner who wants to drain it? How much do you trust her? More than an ENT?

So I've been having an issue with my ear and draining since February. And it's come to the point now where my gf wants to pierce the eardrum to make it drain (note gf is an NP).

The question is, given that I'm lifting heavy on a basically daily basis, will this even close after doing it?
As most of you have probably experienced, doctors in general can be quite retarded in dealing with those of us that lift heavy weights, and I would think that given the pressures exerted through there when lifting there would be little chance of it being able to close up. Warranted or just me over analyzing?

I'm not sure I understand what is going with your ear, but a few weeks ago, for a few weeks I felt like I had water/fluid in my ear. I remember asking Dr. Google and thought it might have to be drained, could lead to an infection, could have been old tubes coming out that I had put in years ago (but I figured that it would have fallen out by now). Couldn't get anything with a qtip. It was a bit annoying constantly hearing a sort of swishing sound, but like a typical health conscious man, I simply ignored it and it seemed to have gone away on it's own... I know it doesn't help much, but it's the only thing I could think of :LOL:

I'm not sure wtf the deal is. I've tried everything that an ENT would suggest short of this though. We did the stupid decongestants forever, tried prednisone (this shit is nasty), etc. I think I had the rona right around February so I think it's kind of from that cold/sickness. But I've always had a pocket between my wisdom tooth and the next tooth on top on that side so at this point I'm wondering if it's not related to that.

Have you been to ENT?

I'm not sure wtf the deal is. I've tried everything that an ENT would suggest short of this though. We did the stupid decongestants forever, tried prednisone (this shit is nasty), etc. I think I had the rona right around February so I think it's kind of from that cold/sickness. But I've always had a pocket between my wisdom tooth and the next tooth on top on that side so at this point I'm wondering if it's not related to that.

Have you been to ENT?
No, not really sure how to. With the Rona bs going on I don't have much desire to go deal with sheep and I just moved recently so don't have much of a network of doctors in the area either. I have a dentist appointment scheduled, but they were full for a long time out apparently.

It's easy enough to get a primary care visit. You may have to wait depending on where you live. Once you're there, tell them your ears have been draining for months. If they don't recommend a referral to an ENT, just tell them you want one. They wont say no. The worst part will be the wait but you will get your appointment. The ENT might drain your ears or suggest something you haven't thought of. I f*ck around with eyes and ears.

No, not really sure how to. With the Rona bs going on I don't have much desire to go deal with sheep and I just moved recently so don't have much of a network of doctors in the area either. I have a dentist appointment scheduled, but they were full for a long time out apparently.

An ENT can do tests that can tell you whether it actually is fluid or something else. I have had issues with my eustachian tubes all my life and one time they had to put a tube in my ear for drainage(which it sounds like is what your gf wants to do). I ended up getting something called the windlass effect and it only made things worse for me. When the ear gets congested it can take a long time to clear up sometimes, took me around 2 months once. My ENT was telling me a couple years ago about a new and simple procedure they do in an outpatient setting where the put a stent in the eustachian tube and it keeps it open and allows drainage.

An ENT can do tests that can tell you whether it actually is fluid or something else. I have had issues with my eustachian tubes all my life and one time they had to put a tube in my ear for drainage(which it sounds like is what your gf wants to do). I ended up getting something called the windlass effect and it only made things worse for me. When the ear gets congested it can take a long time to clear up sometimes, took me around 2 months once. My ENT was telling me a couple years ago about a new and simple procedure they do in an outpatient setting where the put a stent in the eustachian tube and it keeps it open and allows drainage.
It's definitely fluid, she can see it in there.

I had the same exact feeling and it wouldn’t clear, hearing felt completely muffled and it made my tinnitus worse. Felt like I had to drain it but nothing worked. Went to an ENT who irrigated both ears with a giant syringe and water. A ton of wax came out of both ears and damn do my ears feel like a million bucks. Could be a simple fix like that.

Over years of sticking Q tips in there and thinking I was cleaning my ears, all I was doing was compressing wax and making things worse. Fuck that, go to the ENT my man

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131