over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Earthquakes in Japan

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
today we just had a pretty big one...i think the biggest for this year but no Tsunami threat. getting kind of tired of them. My phone alarm went off stating something was on the way and then 10 seconds later, if that, the quake hit. we are fine but shaken up. ever since the big quake we had last year we have that "once bitten, twice shy" thing going on. I have been in a lot of them since I first got here in 1992, one even caused me stitches on my head. but nothing has ever scared me like last year...
Folks tell me we should pack up and go stateside, but to be honest I would rather stay here than ever return to the US where I feel it is even more dangerous between man and mother nature.
How many others are here in japan with me that actually live here (Sorry, military folks are just visitors not permanent party and have no clue what life really is like here).

Why not just move to Osaka / Kobe / Kyoto / Fukuoka? They're far enough away.

No I didn't forget about it, but according to all estimates, Tokyo (not Kobe) is well overdue for a huge one (not counting the Tohoku one of course).

today we just had a pretty big one...i think the biggest for this year but no Tsunami threat. getting kind of tired of them. My phone alarm went off stating something was on the way and then 10 seconds later, if that, the quake hit. we are fine but shaken up. ever since the big quake we had last year we have that "once bitten, twice shy" thing going on. I have been in a lot of them since I first got here in 1992, one even caused me stitches on my head. but nothing has ever scared me like last year...
Folks tell me we should pack up and go stateside, but to be honest I would rather stay here than ever return to the US where I feel it is even more dangerous between man and mother nature.
How many others are here in japan with me that actually live here (Sorry, military folks are just visitors not permanent party and have no clue what life really is like here).

Thats a little extreme, maybe someone stationed there for a year or two but to say they have no clue? Ok, I guess us military folk just sit around in our dorm room all day, right?

Man + nature= HARRP

Truthfully Alan I would leave just because of the radiation from Fukishima.

Never lived on in Japan, Okinawa yea I was a military, but got out and stayed in Naha for a good while, would love to go back. will admit I am jelous.

WHOOP DER IT IS!!!

Haarp is playing with mother nature and I don't think God likes it so much so he throws some curve balls back at man for messing with what is not theirs.

Thats a little extreme, maybe someone stationed there for a year or two but to say they have no clue? Ok, I guess us military folk just sit around in our dorm room all day, right?

As prior military i know what I am talking about. living in a country and being a visitor for a few years is two different things. you have know clue what it is like and what we expats have to deal with and put up with here. you folks that live downtown have no idea what a chounaikai is and that is just the beginning of the things you experience once you become a member of the Japanese society. there are things you just dont do or say but as military you can get away with it and folks just put up with it...but no one would put up with you if you were a permanent resident here.
Take it personally all you want....but until you give up your stripes for a visa....you just don't know.

Seriously bro, whats the point living there and the radiation is going to fuck up. I would get the freaking hell out of there and go back home.

Never lived on in Japan, Okinawa yea I was a military, but got out and stayed in Naha for a good while, would love to go back. will admit I am jelous.

most military folks I know have either successfully made a PCS back to japan or at least tried like hell. I know how you feel. I got buddies at the base up north that I knew back in the 90's that are getting ready to retire...they came back like 3 times!!
and those married to Japanese women are more likely to stay here when they retire becuase unlike a lot of other asians, they don't want to go to the US and drag their whole damn family with them.
Wifey said she missed real japanese food too much to stay stateside.

Just how wide spread is the radiation in Japan?

My company hands out the small detectors like they have in the X-ray rooms to random folks every day....nothing showing up here.

Good luck getting accurate information from the Japanese authorities on that one.

It is actually accurate....of course one reason is becuase the US is checking up on them since the jet stream (the one in the sky) blows toward to US from here.
they are quickly planting Sunflowers all over the place becuase they soak up a shit load of radio-activity from the soil and water and hold onto it..no clue what they do to the plants next though. the news never mentioned it, but then I am not suprised.

Seriously bro, whats the point living there and the radiation is going to fuck up. I would get the freaking hell out of there and go back home.

reference post #17
And after 17 years.....this is home. the US just scares me now.
people have dirty mouths, bad attitudes and they suck at driving and they drive with an attitude. and OMG there are so many fat people there!!!
What's up with that?

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear