over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating at work/school... protip for good food

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was thinking about this last night driving home from work. Body building food generally sucks when you have to reheat it. Beef, fish, and poultry just dont do well in a microwave if theyve been baked/grilled. I'll get a thread started with recipes in the recipe forum but I thought I'd post my solution here. One thing that reheats really well is stews. the cooking process for them by nature leaves things more tender and pallatable. Actually Ill throw gumbo's in there too because if done right they survive the reheating process very well. So when you plan out your daily/weekly meals try to take the macro's you need for each meal and see if you can get that set of Macro's into a crock pot or dutch oven. Trust me itll make the dieting process much easier if you have a variety of 7 or 8 different meals to choose from that actually taste good.

I make a mean all organic grass fed beef chili (heavy on the beef) that I mix with some brown rice, broccoli and spinach. Tastes great microwaved!!

4 Lbs TJ's Grass fed beef - cooked and drain most of the extra fat off.
2 cans Trader Joes organic tomato sauce
2 cans Trader Joes organic diced tomatos with green chilis
1 can TJ's organic pinto beans
1 can TJ's organic black beans
Spice to taste with chili powder, minced garlic, black pepper, tumeric and whatever else you would like.

Makes 8-10 meals depending on what you want your macros to be.

one thing that makes a BIG difference when reheating poultry,fish,beef is to put a small glass of full water in the microwave when reheating...i have actually found it will make it very moist,even if dry before.

not necessarily in the same vein as reheating, but making your food tender is pretty important as well. i've been using an electric pressure cooker and it couldn't be easier to prep food quickly and make chicken breast and large roasts tender (these are also cheaper than buying smaller cuts of meat).

not necessarily in the same vein as reheating, but making your food tender is pretty important as well. i've been using an electric pressure cooker and it couldn't be easier to prep food quickly and make chicken breast and large roasts tender (these are also cheaper than buying smaller cuts of meat).

Learning to butcher a piece of meat is a good idea too. I buy everything in large portions and break it down myself.

When I get home Ill get a thread going with recipe's. I have 12 that I use regularly that ill post up to get started.

one thing that makes a BIG difference when reheating poultry,fish,beef is to put a small glass of full water in the microwave when reheating...i have actually found it will make it very moist,even if dry before.

Damn i needed a tip like this! Sometimes i accidentally over cook my grass fed ground beef and it's like eating saw dust even with hot sauce all over it. Will give this a go tomorrow and see how it works out, thanks.

i know exactly what you mean bro! let me know how it does for you :)

Ive had good experience making pot roast for lunches during the winter. I use about a 5 pound cut of meat in there. It breaks the monotony of dry ass chicken and sweet potatoes microwaved 3 times during my shift. Only problem is, i live in vegas and theres only a month or two that i can use the oven in my house without the whole house heating up to about 100. Im excited to try some of those new recipes youve got though. thanks

I luckily work at a grocery store. I eat greek yogurt, raw almonds, brown rice, egg whites, and an assortment of fresh produce 3 times a day. I eat one meat based meal before and 2 after work.

Great thread TKav. I look forward to your recipes. Im over my chicken dishes that I have at the moment

Subway works great for me... i get a footlong chicken breast whole wheat with some veggies and i double meat it most of the time with some light mayo and mustard...

then i split it for 2 meals

Good idea, why didn't I think of this already! Thanks for tip. Also look forward to the recipes tkav

When I've studied and worked regular job only for this reason I hated eating tuperwaced food, not because of others, I hate the smell myself and ate only 1 meal/day like this (with 2-3 shakes), I was doing smth like this:

breakfast at home
shake
lunch at work
shake prew
shake postw
dinner at home
meal before bed

shakes were whey and instant oats (or banana) and whey with dextrose postw

many will say whole foods are better but this was the best I could do at that time and was my biggest too

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000H23Z1C"]Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Chili Kit, 4-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12):Amazon:Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-R2SNY2VL.@@AMEPARAM@@51-R2SNY2VL[/ame]

I use this chili mix with 4 lbs of ground turkey, onions, Anaheim chilis and bell peppers. Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity