over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eating dry carb source to keep water retention low

myosaurus

Registered
this girl i know is doing bikini in april and her coach has her eating nothing but rice cakes as a carb source for next few weeks, her reasoning, ''to start drying out''
does this even make sense? as long as her water intake is high and there's sodium in her diet, it wont be relevant whether crab is dry or not, no?
I do remember an article from old musclemania 2000 suggesting dry carbs like raisons post workout to keep water down. wondering if there's any merit to this approach and if any coaches here recommend such approach..
thx in advance.:)

this girl i know is doing bikini in april and her coach has her eating nothing but rice cakes as a carb source for next few weeks, her reasoning, ''to start drying out''
does this even make sense? as long as her water intake is high and there's sodium in her diet, it wont be relevant whether crab is dry or not, no?
I do remember an article from old musclemania 2000 suggesting dry carbs like raisons post workout to keep water down. wondering if there's any merit to this approach and if any coaches here recommend such approach..
thx in advance.:)

This is how so much bad info is spread, her coach will spread this, she will most likely mention it to people who will spread it. Its a viscous circle.

In answer to your question, no sense at all :p

all I can do is shake my head but, Im sure we'll hear plenty more bro shit from pros and coaches. Shout out to coaches who approach things on a scientific basis and not a 6 meals a day etc bro basis. Ive heard it all and its all ridiculous " You know im sticking to fish during my prep, so I eat 10 meals of fish and rice to stay full but keep my skin thin" or the typical training phrases " Just trying to pump some blood into the muscle not trying to do anything crazy just going to do 40 sets of 20 reps to bring out detail" Shoot me now! Sorry this has little to do with this ignorant coach with the rice cake philosophy lol but, detail is built from myofibril hypertrophy/ putting the muscle under heavy loads not doing high reps under low intensity and " squeezing". Nowadays it seems all these pros are reading from scripts

Why would Bikini girls need to be dry? All they need to do is get in shape and look pretty....nothing more. Peaking for a show like a Bodybuilder does not apply.

Is it really THIS easy for idiot "coaches" to steal money?

Ive heard of far worse.

My current GF was once told by a personal trainer during a free lesson that if you take in more then 400mg of caffeine a day, its nearly identical to snorting coke... He encouraged her to down upwards of 1,000mg a day.

Needless to say she didnt hire him after the free lesson.

It's easy for slicky caoches to make money on the advises regarding diets, supplements, natural food. It's nowadays life.

Yes it is. There is a stooge at my gym who is recycling the "Fawkry" stuff he paid for to be 8% on stage and 22% off season. He has only ever cracked top 5 once and when he did I believe there were only 4 maybe 5 in his class in a show he had to travel 6 hrs to do. He is having his bikini girls ( never did show never dieted) use DNP. He is a delusional nut sack.

first how does a rice cake dry you out?

second i've always tried to increase my fluid retention about a week out.

first how does a rice cake dry you out?

Ok, here is the straight, proven science... you eat the rice cake and when it hits your stomach it becomes re-saturated with your intracellular fluid and then you poop out the rice cake and additional fluid. Kind of like sponge. I can't provide the studies because they were done in secret soviet lab, but I know, I was there...

^^^yes, that is an absolute crock of shit I just wrote

^I think that footnote was unnecessary :D

And yes, rice cakes are the "secret" to looking awesome on stage. This guy has it right in terms of contest prep, just follow his diet:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHAR8Xzsyo]Fish and Rice Cakes - YouTube[/ame]

sounds simply....dumb. so what, drinking gatorade post workout will give you a"wet" look since its a liquid lmao

I would love to see this "trainer" so I could fill up like 10 water balloons, and smash em all over his "dry" head.

It does NOT matter the carb source.....For every ounce of carbohydrate, you WILL store 3 ounces of water to hold it in solution inside your body.

What a fucking idiot.

Yes it is. There is a stooge at my gym who is recycling the "Fawkry" stuff he paid for to be 8% on stage and 22% off season. He has only ever cracked top 5 once and when he did I believe there were only 4 maybe 5 in his class in a show he had to travel 6 hrs to do. He is having his bikini girls ( never did show never dieted) use DNP. He is a delusional nut sack.

I know of a trainer that suggest to a male bodybuilder 10 weeks out to cut his carbs down to 75g a day, hit the sauna 5 times a week for 30 minutes, and do cardio 7 times a day for 60 minutes. Metabolic damage anyone?

There is so much information out there, that for the beginner it would be hard to decipher through the bull shit when it spreads like wild fire :(

the response was exactly what I expected. thank you everyone for the input.

I know of a trainer that suggest to a male bodybuilder 10 weeks out to cut his carbs down to 75g a day, hit the sauna 5 times a week for 30 minutes, and do cardio 7 times a day for 60 minutes. Metabolic damage anyone?

There is so much information out there, that for the beginner it would be hard to decipher through the bull shit when it spreads like wild fire :(

7 hrs cardio per day. I'd get ripped in 5 days.

Ok, here is the straight, proven science... you eat the rice cake and when it hits your stomach it becomes re-saturated with your intracellular fluid and then you poop out the rice cake and additional fluid. Kind of like sponge. I can't provide the studies because they were done in secret soviet lab, but I know, I was there...

I bet it was done in the Soviet Muscle Tech lab

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity