advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating eggs as bad as smoking?? Really??

I did the test for a full six weeks I went from 9 eggs with only 3 yolks, to 6 whole omega-3 eggs. Bloodwork prior and after, and bad cholesterol went up 20%+ in just 6 weeks.......so no question about it, eggs yolks ARE bad for cholesterol if you are predisposed.

[*]They used multiple regression and didn't account for exercise, supplements, and other lifestyle factors
[*]They didn't use interactions in the regression
[/LIST]

For people who understand statistics, the above points pose many issues. These are results without important factors like exercise and lifestyle factors accounted for. In addition, for healthy people (or people not at risk for cardiovascular events) how are we supposed to interpret these results?

For those people who disregard any scientific study, please don't; this is what gives science a bad name - researchers from universities are rarely biased and for the most part take the ethical route.

I agree and this is the first thing that came to mind. IMO this isnt really a true scientific study, it is no more than a case study. A case study though is still better than nothing and gives you something to think about. Poor study though IMO, and I wouldnt give it much thought.

This is just like whenever a new doc looks at my records and sees I have had a heart attack and automatically assumes my coronary arteries are all full of plaque and asks about my cholesterol etc. Its the cookie cutter approach to medicine.

I eat about 2 dozen whole eggs a week now and my LDL is around 70 and I didnt have any plaque at all really, not enough to even require a single stent after my heart attack. Mine was all 100% blood clot they said.

Last edited:
The article is not bullshit, their just saying that you shouldn't eat generic eggs and instead eat organic free range eggs in which John Meadows recommends;).

I eat eggs and love them, if it kills me, oh well!

I agree and this is the first thing that came to mind. IMO this isnt really a true scientific study, it is no more than a case study. A case study though is still better than nothing and gives you something to think about. Poor study though IMO, and I wouldnt give it much thought.

This is just like whenever a new doc looks at my records and sees I have had a heart attack and automatically assumes my coronary arteries are all full of plaque and asks about my cholesterol etc. Its the cookie cutter approach to medicine.

I eat about 2 dozen whole eggs a week now and my LDL is around 70 and I didnt have any plaque at all really, not enough to even require a single stent after my heart attack. Mine was all 100% blood clot they said.

I would say this is still a scientific study - they use survey methodology and have responses from more than a few individual so this isn't a case study.

The issues are that they used relatively simple statistics and didn't account for factors that most people understand are important to health (e.g. exercise, supplementation, other diet, etc.).

One thing that astounds me is that people are so quick to dismiss this study just because it doesn't jive with what they agree with. The media interpreted it wrong: it is about people that are predisposed to a heart condition.

Last edited:
too much animal protein kills you...regardless of source...

To much protein from animals that don't eat what they are supposed to will kill you! Grass fed beef my friends we all need to give it a try and for those of us that get blood work done will be able to see the difference.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131