over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating For Size

Well

reap what I sew? ...

What have I said that is BS?

I stated that a 500 calorie excess in daily consumption definitely adds muscle and 1000 seems to add more possibly because of a mismatch in caloric requirement from daily activity.

I stated that I have no idea whether 2000 excess calories would provide additional benefit but that it was an interesting question as to whether food itself is anabolic and sumo, powerlifters and strongmen certainly take it as gospel.

I questioned whether it is actually possible to get to BIG ala 250 without getting fat. You have already stated that in your paradigm I'm never going to get there. This leaves me considering changing the paradigm - Tate, Wendler, Trudel have all stated that although eating a lot will get you fat it will also put muscle on you.

I suggested that eating according to hunger in a healthy individual would likely lead to weight gain in an underweight individual and weight loss in an overweight individual to the point of reaching a weight the body liked and that at that point hunger and maintenance should be about the same in a healthy person.

Where's the BS champ?

The BS is in the bold area......do your thing man.....

Robot, I am going to side with Phil with this one. You are not lean as you think in that picture you posted. You are trying to put on more weight? I think that you would look 100% better if you leaned out. This is not a cheap shot, just saying that most people's BF is higher then they think. Skin calipurs can be 4-5% off. I probally eat a little different then Phil, but the principals are the same. Phil is a Pro, he didn't get like that because he doesn't know a thing or two. I agree, he can be sarcastic at times, but what do you suspect from a New Yorker?:D

I agree that I would look better if I had a lower body fat. No Question.
That however is not the topic of discussion. What makes the shot cheap is that it had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Not whether he has a good eye or my measurement is off.

Phil knows more than I am likely to ever learn but he's certainly not sharing it.
He is focused on the mantra of get lean and stay lean to the exclusion of
the question which is "How do you the most muscle on your frame as quickly as possible"?

No....

I agree that I would look better if I had a lower body fat. No Question.
That however is not the topic of discussion. What makes the shot cheap is that it had nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Not whether he has a good eye or my measurement is off.

Phil knows more than I am likely to ever learn but he's certainly not sharing it.
He is focused on the mantra of get lean and stay lean to the exclusion of
the question which is "How do you the most muscle on your frame as quickly as possible"?

I think you may be a tad paranoid/over sensitive/insecure..........it happens to us all.

12%??

Robot -- Phil is not insulting you, he is just being blunt (and that's Phil) and telling you things that you do not want to hear. I'm sorry but I will show you what 12% looks like.

Attachments

• ivan19.jpg
    ivan19.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 478
Phil...are you saying that if you are not hungry than the body obviously has the nutrients it needs and when you do feel hungry, it needs nutrients?? Is that the way you determine your caloric needs??

Robot -- Phil is not insulting you, he is just being blunt (and that's Phil) and telling you things that you do not want to hear. I'm sorry but I will show you what 12% looks like.

Good reference picture, thank you.

If I couldn't live with blunt or being wrong I wouldn't be arguing with a professional bodybuilder and trainer abut effective approaches to putting on muscle.

For hobbyists like myself forums like these provide an opportunity to be exposed to experience/knowledge that can't be found in an NSCA manual or the million useless books on nutrition.

... and a current picture just because I can't help but enjoy the relentless taunting (6 month difference may to oct)

Last edited:
... and a current picture just because I can't help but enjoy the relentless taunting (6 month difference may to oct)

hey bro, looking pretty good. it appears as if you can see the full abdominal wall.. maybe not at an optimal level (not lean enough), but you can damn sure see them well. you would be able to see them a lot better if you would WAX YOUR STOMACH LOL. you have more body hair than my dog. :p just playing bro.

I don't care for this article... It uses sumo wrestlers to justify over eating. NOT healthy.

If one eats clean ONLY when they are hungry they will grow ONLY muscle, provided the proper growth stimulus. Some days this diet may seem like a deficit, some days it will be a surplus. (This is basically Phil's principal as I read it)
Good post..I mean come on guys who wants to look like a fat ass sumo wrestler..Has it come to this now? Some people really are confused:rolleyes:

I think what Phil is trying to point out, robot, is that from looking at the pics of you, you are still very new to bodybuilding. Not that you haven't seen progress from your application of your theories. But that you don't understand the full scope of things, mainly due to your lack of expirence.
Something just seems to be lacking, as far as progress. Meaning if your eating right and taking that high a dose of tren, you should have gained more. If your diet was correct. Of coarse it could be the training?
Do trying to bash you, just stating my thoughts. I for one learned that until I've truely accomplished something in bodybuilding, I will not argue with those that have. ;)

Thank you, getting a straight answer from you is like pulling teeth from a hippo.

I'm only gona say this cuz it's my point of view...not to perpetuate any more arguing...

I think you're getting a little worked up over nothing. Nobody is attacking you. Phil has a very valid point and beyond enough experience/knowledge to back it up. Maybe if you just back up for a second and tried to read between the lines you wouldn't feel attacked and see that there is very valuable info being thrown out here for FREE by people that get paid to share their ideas and for good reason.

Just my OPINION. Not trying to rock the boat.

you know i guess the depletion stage this weak has got me a lil agitated cause this thread is rubbing me the wrong way.

so im going to pull a phil hernon on all of you that disagree with this thread. SO I will post up a current pic of myself (I pretty much follow DC's way of doing things) and i will see if i can get dusty hanshaw to post up a current pic and then all of you that disagree please post up a pic of yourself and lets compare way of doing things. lets see who are fatass's or swimmers and lets see who are some thick muscular mofo's ;)

once again that article is not about eating whatever, whenever and becoming a fat ass, its about doing things to become a hungry anabolic beast and then supplying that beast with enough nutrients to GROW, not become a fatass.

I don't care for this article... It uses sumo wrestlers to justify over eating. NOT healthy.

If one eats clean ONLY when they are hungry they will grow ONLY muscle, provided the proper growth stimulus. Some days this diet may seem like a deficit, some days it will be a surplus. (This is basically Phil's principal as I read it)
if you are lifting brutally heavy weight with mind popping intensity with a lil cardio on your off days you will be fucking starving!

Yes

if you are lifting brutally heavy weight with mind popping intensity with a lil cardio on your off days you will be fucking starving!

And thats the goal! I want you STARVING.......so you can eat. If you do not put in the work to be hungry......eating more will just be stored.

Yes, hunger is a good thing, well at least that is how I look at it. If I am hungry, I am doing things right with training or my body is doing something right. If I am not I need to figure away to get hungry again. There is a difference between eating for the sake of eating (mindless eating, stress eating, etc..), and eating when your body screams for it - which is usually between 4-8 times a day for me! Eating is how we grow and as B-Boy stated, you need to move some iron around as well! I am freaking starving when I am leaner and right now in the offseason I do some light cardio to further stimulate my hunger because lets face it guys we need plenty of nutrients and food to grow, but the more muscle, the more nutrients/food in most cases! Eat, eat, eat, no one is saying not too, but there is a choice between fatass food (damn cravings;)) and bodybuilding foods!

I do not think Phil ever said not to eat enough, nor did that article Dante wrote, but some people just read between the lines and take what they want from it!

Hunger can be caused by a variety of factors; make sure you're feeding the right ones.

If it's blood-sugar / insulin mediated, you may not want to blindly feed it (but rather take a look at how your overall diet and macros are set up).

Why is it that noone understands that the idea of training besides preping your body physically for growth, is supposed to make you STARVING ALL THE TIME. Why the hell do you think a guys like me at 223lbs(small in the grand scheme of things) is eating over 500 grams of protien a day? my body is craving nutrients all the time. if you Aint hungry, you aint been trainin!

Good post..I mean come on guys who wants to look like a fat ass sumo wrestler..Has it come to this now? Some people really are confused:rolleyes:

i hope this is sarcasm. its been stated that this isnt about getting really fat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity