over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating For Size

Ok

Phil I care about my health and would never promote that way of eating unless that is all they cared about - getting huge, prolly still avoid that way of doing things. I have never ate 500 grams of protein in a day, I am around 250 - 330 grams depending on hunger. Yes, I do indulge in some pancakes and some cravings food on the weekends, but it is not every meal on the weekends or an all out binge on the weekends... I know once I start prepping again, I will take those "metabolic refresh" meals out, okay cheat meals out of the plan. I have been reading the thread a on daily basis about omega-3 importance and it is great information...you all have a ton of great information. I just want to be me and healthy. And my health is doing fine, I keep tabs on that, trust me my wife is all over that as well because both are coming from health backgrounds.

I agree with you... people just care all about being huge, but if I did I would have pushed the limits already and choose not to go that route. And YES, I let my cravings get the best of me on the weekends in the offseason, but it is not as out of control as I made it sound in my previous post.

My choice is to get better, add quality muscle, be patient, compete because I enjoy it most of the time;), and be healthy...it has always been that way. But, hey nobody is perfect and I will admit that in a heartbeat!

I was worried about you.......but you sound on point. Hard to tell from a few sentences here and there..........have fun and enjoy this ride yes, but stick arouind a while also! hahaahha

But you must think about more then just the shell you present.....what about your "insides".....you want to be around a while I know this. Did you read the thread on omega-3?

Yes phil... i do want to be around for a while. that's why i'm deciding to stop taking this shit seriously when i'm in my mid 30's... well, i'm not taking it that seriously now, but i think you know what i mean.
i'd be an extreme hypocrit if i told you "oh, i care about my health and this has nothing to do with health"... because at this moment, i'm much healthier than i was before starting bodybuilding, but still my health is considered crap. and that is the main reason why i want to stop this shit when i'm in my 30's. i have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER in even local high level contests. why do i do this shit? cuz i like the attention, and it's... well... i've said this before and everyone is good at something... i'm known for my diet and exercise knowledge and it feels good to me. my wife, family, friends, co workers... they all look up to me in this issue and it feels good.

right now, they have plans for me at work... i have plans with my wife to buy a house in 5 or 6 years... have kids... I will be too busy with other joys of life to pursue this crap. so, for now, I just want "see what happens" :), so to speak.

without this bodybuilding crap, i'd be addicted to KFC, sitting on my ass all day, smoking 3 packs a day, and spending 14 hours per day at work trying to be good at something i'm not... i'm being realistic... i could say "but i can exercise, eat healthy all the time, and enjoy life with the family, friends, and try my best at work", but to me, that's not realistic. it's just a personal choice that i know will change when in a couple of years.

phil, you've reached that point where you've been there, you're still a huge bastard :p and you're trying to be as healthy as possible to live long with your family... how does it feel when your wife or kids brag about you? :)

correct me if i'm wrong... but if you're dead set on something, isn't it better to pursue it when you're young, then quit when you had enough... or half ass it while you're young and then go full force later in life and suffer 10x the health problems?

another thing i know and i'm about 90% sure of that helps me in this issue... in our culture, tribes get married from close tribes and so on... you know alot about someone's health by their family name and how long those family members usually life... none of the family members from my mother or fathers side had any serious health issues before the age of 80, and they only die from non-health related accidents... if you know their lifestyle, you'd repeat what getbiggers say... "dead by 30" :p

OK

Phil, so how many calories do you think you were eating daily when you were up to 280 pounds and lean?

Well

Phil, so how many calories do you think you were eating daily when you were up to 280 pounds and lean?

Liek I said before......big guys eat a lot of calories BECAUSE they have a lot of muscle.....they do not have alot of muscle BECAUSE they ate a lot of calories. Does that answer?

Liek I said before......big guys eat a lot of calories BECAUSE they have a lot of muscle.....they do not have alot of muscle BECAUSE they ate a lot of calories. Does that answer?

Yes, but I'd have to say you were up to 4000 atleast to hold that kind of size correct?

Honestly

Yes, but I'd have to say you were up to 4000 atleast to hold that kind of size correct?

Well, I never counted total calories........but it was relative for my size. Since it is relative for your size......4000 is really meaningless to me. 4000 is not the same for everyone.....why did you choose 4000?

Well, I never counted total calories........but it was relative for my size. Since it is relative for your size......4000 is really meaningless to me. 4000 is not the same for everyone.....why did you choose 4000?

I figured roughly that lean bodyweight X 15 is about maintenance, but I may be wrong?

Many thoughts on this. I will keep it real also.......who here has won a big show? Who here has been over 280 fairly lean? A lot of guys will keep it real and tell us how we got huge.........while they are still under 200...........fat. If you do not believe someone who has been there.........nothing more to talk about........dont let me stop you if thats your way of decoding the "size" puzzle.

You have said previously that you have been on stage at 255. Was that the same year you got to 280? If so, 25lbs to loose. I guess its all relative to body composition. Did you give up lean mass to do this?

?

You have said previously that you have been on stage at 255. Was that the same year you got to 280? If so, 25lbs to loose. I guess its all relative to body composition. Did you give up lean mass to do this?

I was 280 out of jail.........6 years after I retired. I was 255 at night of champions in 1996.

But you must think about more then just the shell you present.....what about your "insides".....you want to be around a while I know this.

I don't... does it make it alright for me to keep on sharing slices of mud cake with Buselmo? :p ;)

I don't... does it make it alright for me to keep on sharing slices of mud cake with Buselmo? :p ;)

THAT'S IT!!!! i'm going to the french embassy tomorrow and getting a visa... get that mud cake ready, frenchy!!!! :D

Yes phil... i do want to be around for a while. that's why i'm deciding to stop taking this shit seriously when i'm in my mid 30's... well, i'm not taking it that seriously now, but i think you know what i mean.
i'd be an extreme hypocrit if i told you "oh, i care about my health and this has nothing to do with health"... because at this moment, i'm much healthier than i was before starting bodybuilding, but still my health is considered crap. and that is the main reason why i want to stop this shit when i'm in my 30's. i have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER in even local high level contests. why do i do this shit? cuz i like the attention, and it's... well... i've said this before and everyone is good at something... i'm known for my diet and exercise knowledge and it feels good to me. my wife, family, friends, co workers... they all look up to me in this issue and it feels good.

right now, they have plans for me at work... i have plans with my wife to buy a house in 5 or 6 years... have kids... I will be too busy with other joys of life to pursue this crap. so, for now, I just want "see what happens" :), so to speak.

without this bodybuilding crap, i'd be addicted to KFC, sitting on my ass all day, smoking 3 packs a day, and spending 14 hours per day at work trying to be good at something i'm not... i'm being realistic... i could say "but i can exercise, eat healthy all the time, and enjoy life with the family, friends, and try my best at work", but to me, that's not realistic. it's just a personal choice that i know will change when in a couple of years.

phil, you've reached that point where you've been there, you're still a huge bastard :p and you're trying to be as healthy as possible to live long with your family... how does it feel when your wife or kids brag about you? :)

correct me if i'm wrong... but if you're dead set on something, isn't it better to pursue it when you're young, then quit when you had enough... or half ass it while you're young and then go full force later in life and suffer 10x the health problems?
another thing i know and i'm about 90% sure of that helps me in this issue... in our culture, tribes get married from close tribes and so on... you know alot about someone's health by their family name and how long those family members usually life... none of the family members from my mother or fathers side had any serious health issues before the age of 80, and they only die from non-health related accidents... if you know their lifestyle, you'd repeat what getbiggers say... "dead by 30" :p

Definately. Thats my plan. I just want to see what happens. Here's my diet from yesterday. I've tweaked it a bit (more meals) and its working well for size. My weight s still going up and im definately feeling fuller.

meal 1- shake- milk 300 cals, 2 scoops of protein, 4 tbs evoo,12g flax seed
1100 cals

meal 2- 1 1/2 chicken breasts,24oz of oj lots of pulp
700 ish?

meal 3-10 oz of steak, spinach, garlic cheese, 2 cups of milk

meal 4- pwo shake- 3 cups of blueberry pomegranate juice 2 scoops of protein powder, mashed potatoes

meal 5- 2 1/2 cups of cottage cheese, 3 cups of milk

not sure on the protein content, but the cals are up there

I think I get what you are saying. The muscle growth/stimulation creates the demand for calories with the correct macro's. Eating for more than your body requires mostly feeds the fat cells. Eating big to get big = muscle + fat gain = poor health.

If we talk about a big guy trying to maintain or make small adjustments that´s right
But what happens if we are talking about a small guy trying to be a big guy the quickest possible?? To be honest I don´t think your pictures are a great example here, you had everything, no need for gaining shit, just a little more schrreded and some extra pounds each year and by the year 2000 you would be top 3 in the O. And I believe the same about your ideas, they just don´t aply here, of course knowing how to gain lean body mass while keeping a great leannes and health requires a lot of knowledge, the kind of knowledge you usualy display, but the thing here is make big gains fast, that´s what this thread is all about, no need to become a sumo but you would benefit a lot if you don´t stop eating because a vein in your lower abs just dissapeared. I´m also trying to gain while staying lean, don´t get me wrong, but I´m not planing to turn a 180 pounds body into a 260 peeled lbs pro caliber phisique

My thoughts about this subject are this
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/52721-eating-size-2.html#post661267

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws