over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating Liver vs Plants

Great thread.

Been wanting to try the carnivore diet for a year but wussed out for 2 reasons.

1. I need my greens badly or I get locked up and I hate that feeling

2. I did that genetic testing and the extrapolated data revealed that avoiding saturated fats is a wise idea.

I don’t subscribe to the saturated fats are inherently bad narrative. That said, per my profile, it can have deleterious effects so I try to keep an eye on.

Having done the carnivore diet….you will not get constipated. WAY opposite. You will explode liquid shit out your ass for 3-4 days then return to normal.

People THINK they are constipsted because they shit less eating only meat. It’s because you don’t have any insoluble fiber or non used food material to pass

Having done the carnivore diet….you will not get constipated. WAY opposite. You will explode liquid shit out your ass for 3-4 days then return to normal.

People THINK they are constipsted because they shit less eating only meat. It’s because you don’t have any insoluble fiber or non used food material to pass
this is an excellent point, I've always felt that the quality of digestion goes up considerably when eating just a steak and no potatoes or rice, or just a large plate of eggs and no toast biscuits or pancakes whatever whatever, etc., etc.,

I'm convinced that Proper Food Combining is a valuable nutritional tenet to practice, especially as we get older and digestive juices and stomach acid levels decline considerably compared to when in our youth

There’s quite a bit of evidence that many plants contain anti nutrients like goitrogens and oxalates. Things like kale, broccoli, asparagus are all high in these. Essentially anything in the cabbage family. And grains like oats, wheat, barley, etc. produce compounds to stimulate stomach distress and diarrhea in order to cause the animal who ate them to fertilize and “plant” the seed. How much this actually affects us I’m not sure, but I do know I personally can’t tolerate even moderate amounts of some of these foods
I'm in the same boat. If I eat even one serving of either kale, spinach, or broccoli that isn't very well cooked I will get Rrhea in or under 30 minutes time. My wife didn't believe me until we were out eating and I had to disappear. I had to leave my friend in a restaurant once in the middle of a meal and sprint home about half a mile because I was about to shit my pants (didn't wanna do it in the restaurant). For whatever reason, be it allergies or some super sensitivity to oxalates, I get a reaction very fast to these foods. I know Broccoli isn't high in oxalates like the other two but I still get a nasty reaction.

I love grilled chicken hearts. Skewered, coarse sea salt, cracked black pepper. Grilled. Squeeze a lemon over them after.

Idk if anyone else is like me , but I looked/felt worse on a "close" to carnivore diet compared to higher carbohydrate approach. More watery/less dense too and most say they look drier on that approach , but not me. I am the opposite

I'm in the same boat. If I eat even one serving of either kale, spinach, or broccoli that isn't very well cooked I will get Rrhea in or under 30 minutes time. My wife didn't believe me until we were out eating and I had to disappear. I had to leave my friend in a restaurant once in the middle of a meal and sprint home about half a mile because I was about to shit my pants (didn't wanna do it in the restaurant). For whatever reason, be it allergies or some super sensitivity to oxalates, I get a reaction very fast to these foods. I know Broccoli isn't high in oxalates like the other two but I still get a nasty reaction.
I don’t even really process them. I like the occasional salad, but it comes out in big chunks. Pretty much undigested: it could be a histamine response that you’re getting considering how quickly it happens

Idk if anyone else is like me , but I looked/felt worse on a "close" to carnivore diet compared to higher carbohydrate approach. More watery/less dense too and most say they look drier on that approach , but not me. I am the opposite

Well, TRUE keto adaptation can take a month to two months. This is NOT the same as being in ketosis

Your muscles do this neat thing where after a LOnG time without carbohydrate intake, they will get better at storing intramuscular triglycerides. As this makes it easier to sling it into the mitochondria. Once your body gets really good at this, you’ll start looking nice and full. Also, when truly keto, you need a lot more daily salt if you train frequently and hard.

What is interesting to me, is that endurance ultra runners have a Large amount of IMTGs, only rivaled by diabetics. Doctors previously thought presence of IMTGs always hampered insulin sensitivity, which is the usual case.

But Endurance athletes create such an energy flux, burning down IMTGs, replacing them, burning them again, they don’t have compromised insulin sensitivity.

Well, TRUE keto adaptation can take a month to two months. This is NOT the same as being in ketosis

Your muscles do this neat thing where after a LOnG time without carbohydrate intake, they will get better at storing intramuscular triglycerides. As this makes it easier to sling it into the mitochondria. Once your body gets really good at this, you’ll start looking nice and full. Also, when truly keto, you need a lot more daily salt if you train frequently and hard.

What is interesting to me, is that endurance ultra runners have a Large amount of IMTGs, only rivaled by diabetics. Doctors previously thought presence of IMTGs always hampered insulin sensitivity, which is the usual case.

But Endurance athletes create such an energy flux, burning down IMTGs, replacing them, burning them again, they don’t have compromised insulin sensitivity.

All of that is fascinating. And im glad you chimed in on that juggy because people forget that Carnivore is not immediately keto. Hell half the time we talk about keto on here, its realllly not keto. True keto is actually a bitch to get your fats in.

Back to liver and organs. I myself am not a liver fan but im also well aware that things like marrow, liver and other organs are the cream of the crop nutritionally. Humans have been surviving and thriving on this stuff for thousands of years, its just recently we've gotten too bougey to eat organs. But i do think we can supplement these things now. It also makes me think diets similar to Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet really make sense, to me at least. Find a great protein, consistently use an easily digestible carb like rice, add in goodies around it for specific nutrients we might lack. Just checking the boxes.

I don’t know how you guys do it. Just the smell of cooking liver makes me want to hurl. Anybody else feel the same way?

I don’t know how you guys do it. Just the smell of cooking liver makes me want to hurl. Anybody else feel the same way?

yea, I can't do it despite knowing how good it can be for me. Even if I get past the smell, I can't get past the texture. wish I could get over it, but it's just one of those things I can't do

I’m country as fuck. Grandma house….liver, onions and toast were a staple. But we were poor as fuck too

@TheOtherOne55, it blew my mind. Also, there is a study, google “FASTER study”. These fat adapted endurance atheletes were able to burn fat at all the way to alactic threshold speeds.

Essentially, carbs are NOT necessary for even sprinting, extreme
Biking, weightlifting. It just takes time to adapt to being able to burn them fast enough. And yes, they were taking in 4,000 of a 70/30 diet.

That’s a lot of bacon lol.

For pure muscle mass, we need insulin. But if your looking to be lean, live long, and not have to eat to keep performance up, carbs lose to fat.

Never used any of these myself, but have seen them a lot lately. If there’s an organ, they make a grass fed tablet of it 7BCFCCAC-4456-4335-B50A-7E875243E092.png

I’m country as fuck. Grandma house….liver, onions and toast were a staple. But we were poor as fuck too

@TheOtherOne55, it blew my mind. Also, there is a study, google “FASTER study”. These fat adapted endurance atheletes were able to burn fat at all the way to alactic threshold speeds.

Biking, weightlifting. It just takes time to adapt to being able to burn them fast enough. And yes, they were taking in 4,000 of a 70/30 diet.

For pure muscle mass, we need insulin. But if your looking to be lean, live long, and not have to eat to keep performance up, carbs lose to fat.
Ultra marathoners are crazy. Supposedly Dean Karnazes doesn’t even have a lactic acid threshold and essentially doesnt get the burning feeling we all do. He ran 350 miles in 80 hours once without sleep

Never used any of these myself, but have seen them a lot lately. If there’s an organ, they make a grass fed tablet of it
I get the undefatted if I can. The animal fat is a nice energy bonus for those low-carb days.

I get the undefatted if I can. The animal fat is a nice energy bonus for those low-carb days.
I used to use the Beverly and ON liver tabs pretty religiously as I could get them pretty cheap. Got about 20 additional grams of protein from them a day and I don’t know if it was placebo or not but I swear I felt better and had more energy when using them

I do keto and ride MTB events. As stated once fully adapted you get the fullness back (ya never loose the BB bug) I can ride miles fasted. And since I'm fat adapted I can eat carbs periodically and once burned I'm right back to burning fat. This method is used by half the athletes I know. The others are crashing their blood sugar all the time in an event because you can't consume enough calories in carbs during a race without cramping up.

On topic I love liver. Children liver with bacon. Beef liver with onions and jalapeños peppers. Hell, I'm in MD we eat scrapple and crabs here lol.

True, I was on a higher protein/low carb which isn't neecessarily keto. I do cardio , but I am no endurance athlete.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws