over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating Liver vs Plants

I do keto and ride MTB events. As stated once fully adapted you get the fullness back (ya never loose the BB bug) I can ride miles fasted. And since I'm fat adapted I can eat carbs periodically and once burned I'm right back to burning fat. This method is used by half the athletes I know. The others are crashing their blood sugar all the time in an event because you can't consume enough calories in carbs during a race without cramping up.
John Meadows got me on that diet. I'd talk to him and say I was soooo hungry. He was so patient. He got me through some rough days. The mistake I made, I later learned was not reducing my activity level at first. Even started walking slow. Then slowly built up activities. It took a few months but soon I was back to my activity level, cut, clean, feeling great. I'd get pumped from a bowl of oatmeal. Even tart things like ketchup started tasting sweet.

Then I started reading labels and discovered man, they put sugar in EVERYTHING! Even peanut butter. So had to start buying zero sugar everything. It was hard getting the fats in too. It was a lot of fats. Now I can get there in less than a month. I'm not doing it now though. But I will by summer. Summers are no carb months. You can bet I'll be eating full fat everything. Even saving leftover bacon grease to add to stuff like whole eggs cooked in coconut oil.

Plus my LDL cholesterol actually goes down. The things we do in this lifestyle...mm..mm..mm...

I’m country as fuck. Grandma house….liver, onions and toast were a staple. But we were poor as fuck too

@TheOtherOne55, it blew my mind. Also, there is a study, google “FASTER study”. These fat adapted endurance atheletes were able to burn fat at all the way to alactic threshold speeds.

Essentially, carbs are NOT necessary for even sprinting, extreme
Biking, weightlifting. It just takes time to adapt to being able to burn them fast enough. And yes, they were taking in 4,000 of a 70/30 diet.

That’s a lot of bacon lol.

For pure muscle mass, we need insulin. But if your looking to be lean, live long, and not have to eat to keep performance up, carbs lose to fat.
Dr. Mauro DiPasquale mentioned a study in the Anabolic Diet video involving endurance athletes who were fat-adapted having much greater endurance and performing better overall than the 'non-fat adapted' carb loaded group. Free fatty acids are THE premier fuel source, in my opinion

John Meadows got me on that diet. I'd talk to him and say I was soooo hungry. He was so patient. He got me through some rough days. The mistake I made, I later learned was not reducing my activity level at first. Even started walking slow. Then slowly built up activities. It took a few months but soon I was back to my activity level, cut, clean, feeling great. I'd get pumped from a bowl of oatmeal. Even tart things like ketchup started tasting sweet.

Then I started reading labels and discovered man, they put sugar in EVERYTHING! Even peanut butter. So had to start buying zero sugar everything. It was hard getting the fats in too. It was a lot of fats. Now I can get there in less than a month. I'm not doing it now though. But I will by summer. Summers are no carb months. You can bet I'll be eating full fat everything. Even saving leftover bacon grease to add to stuff like whole eggs cooked in coconut oil.

Plus my LDL cholesterol actually goes down. The things we do in this lifestyle...mm..mm..mm...
skip the coconut oil OTH and use lard, butter or any other saturated fat, the coconut oil is loaded with MCTs and will short-circuit the burning of free fatty acids, which is exactly what you want when using the diet to burn bodyfat

skip the coconut oil OTH and use lard, butter or any other saturated fat, the coconut oil is loaded with MCTs and will short-circuit the burning of free fatty acids, which is exactly what you want when using the diet to burn bodyfat
Coconut oil dosnt take heat very well either. Grass feed butter taste incredible 😋 with eggs and steak. I use mct pre lifting or riding.
Dr. Mauro DiPasquale mentioned a study in the Anabolic Diet video involving endurance athletes who were fat-adapted having much greater endurance and performing better overall than the 'non-fat adapted' carb loaded group. Free fatty acids are THE premier fuel source, in my opinion
You run out of dietary fats you burn your own. If you run out of carbs you bonk.

I abandon keto over the holidays. It's also when I up the test and bulk up a bit. But honestly I just started back last week and my body is saying thank you.

Coconut oil dosnt take heat very well either. Grass feed butter taste incredible 😋 with eggs and steak. I use mct pre lifting or riding.

You run out of dietary fats you burn your own. If you run out of carbs you bonk.
Agreed. I use kerrygold butter, or beef tallow for almost all my cooking

yep, you gas out on carbs, you're losing muscle and fat at about 50%, respectively, it truly is a beautiful thing, instead of having to take EAAs to spare muscle, when you're primed to burn fatty acids and bodyfat, the amount of muscle burned, in the absence of an abundant amino acids pool, is miniscule in comparison to a, primarily, carb burning metabolism

I abandon keto over the holidays. It's also when I up the test and bulk up a bit. But honestly I just started back last week and my body is saying thank you.
I'll try cutting out the coconut oil. I'll still use it on my skin though because it really reduces backne. In the summers I used to use Coppertone oil based sunscreen but then they changed the formula and replaced the coconut oil with palm kernel oil. So now I mix some in myself. It really gets down in your pores and kills bacteria. Gives my skin a nice glow. I smell like a pina colada but it's summer so I get no strange looks.

I'll up the butter and saturated fats and d/c the coconut oil. Same calories per gm so no biggie there. Thanks for the tip. Hard to believe after all these years this old dog is still learning new tricks.

I'll try cutting out the coconut oil. I'll still use it on my skin though because it really reduces backne. In the summers I used to use Coppertone oil based sunscreen but then they changed the formula and replaced the coconut oil with palm kernel oil. So now I mix some in myself. It really gets down in your pores and kills bacteria. Gives my skin a nice glow. I smell like a pina colada but it's summer so I get no strange looks.

I'll up the butter and saturated fats and d/c the coconut oil. Same calories per gm so no biggie there. Thanks for the tip. Hard to believe after all these years this old dog is still learning new tricks.
Yep, good old lauric acid

I'm going to pass this on to the three guys I sort of train. No money involved. It's good for them and I enjoy it. I don't mind confessing that I've given them advice on their stacks and one of them never did anything and doesn't want to. He does some modeling. But they have to come here and do what they want, ya know?.It's on them. Before this winter it was three years until my femur crack was fully rehabilitated. I bought nothing. But that's ancient history. I'm running on all cylinders again. Sprints even. Okay, giving y'all with my life story here LOL

Late.

this is an excellent point, I've always felt that the quality of digestion goes up considerably when eating just a steak and no potatoes or rice, or just a large plate of eggs and no toast biscuits or pancakes whatever whatever, etc., etc.,

I'm convinced that Proper Food Combining is a valuable nutritional tenet to practice, especially as we get older and digestive juices and stomach acid levels decline considerably compared to when in our youth
Non fatty meats like poultry and fish mate well with carbs. Red meats and fatty meats mate well with other fats. Like steak and eggs. Whole eggs. Soft yolks. (Dippy eggs with a fork, not bread). Fatty proteins/fats or lean proteins/carbs. And never the two shall meet.

I do keto and ride MTB events. As stated once fully adapted you get the fullness back (ya never loose the BB bug) I can ride miles fasted. And since I'm fat adapted I can eat carbs periodically and once burned I'm right back to burning fat. This method is used by half the athletes I know. The others are crashing their blood sugar all the time in an event because you can't consume enough calories in carbs during a race without cramping up.

I have my first 70.3 Ironman next November. I’m not fully adapted yet, I still feel like total fucking hell past zone 2 training. But I’m getting there.

I like the one that has heart. And “fire starter” has Lauric acid!

Good products, and Paul lives what he preaches. Also his podcasts have pretty good longevity/heath information, GREAT stuff if you really want to learn about cholesterol, endothelial health, all that.

Once fat adapted coconut is a great quick energy source. I'm not saying don't use it. It's just a cold oil like olive oil. Olive, Avocado and coconut oils are good in the diet in small amounts. Stay away from seed oils for best health.

Non fatty meats like poultry and fish mate well with carbs. Red meats and fatty meats mate well with other fats. Like steak and eggs. Whole eggs. Soft yolks. (Dippy eggs with a fork, not bread). Fatty proteins/fats or lean proteins/carbs. And never the two shall meet.
Chicken thighs are cheap and great cooked in duck fat or bacon grease. But nothing beats steak and eggs for the soul 😋

I have my first 70.3 Ironman next November. I’m not fully adapted yet, I still feel like total fucking hell past zone 2 training. But I’m getting there.
Good luck! I found intervals once a week slowly working up the intensity helped progess faster. Just don't over shoot it.

All of that is fascinating. And im glad you chimed in on that juggy because people forget that Carnivore is not immediately keto. Hell half the time we talk about keto on here, its realllly not keto. True keto is actually a bitch to get your fats in.
^^^^ please explain^^^ what is true keto and why isn't what we talk about half the time not keto?

^ I assume he is referring to too much protein kicking someone out of Ketosis.

True keto is 80% fat and 20% protein

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity