advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating more beef in place of chicken....

when i buy fish , i prefer Cod or Mahi Mahi. Halibut is also good but has a bit more fat than the other two

I also got tired of chicken breast and so I've switched to beef and organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Big difference in taste. Just my 2 cents 💪

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

What fish do you eat?

This time of year I have access to a lot of amberjack on the market, a favorite of mine. But all year round tuna and salmon. Also mackerel is very abundant and cheap where I am, I get this in a pinch.

I've read so many conflicting studies on red meat, obviously I'm not going to replace chicken breast entirely but would a 50/50 ratio of chicken and beef really be that bad?

Jesus... I cant believe people still believe this stuff

Theres nothing wrong with red meat.

Only thing to take into consideration is higher amounts of red meat can negatively effect lipids along with HH.

i eat a little over pound of red meat a day...

You must be an obese type 2 diabetic with heart disease.

Pork doesn't digest well for me (except bacon:p) so isay away from it , occasionally we'll butcher a goat and that seems to digest well.

That's unfortunate, i LOVE my discount on the bone pork loin cuts... Kinda think of them as one step down from steak as far as taste/texture goes

Goat tastes amazing. Fresh Thyme sells it as burgers and I think I read somewhere it is one of the easiest on digestion. This si my new favorite store. I have elk last night. All grass fed.
Hate to be "that guy" towards you :)

As a disciple you soist be, your holistic brethren are advising thou shall not eat Tilapia.

...just keeping ya updated on the recent ideology and spreading the gospel, my brother! :D

Why You Should Never Eat Tilapia

Health Experts Are Warning People To Stop Eating Tilapia

Personally, I never liked Tilapia. Goat tastes so much better!

...no

Please explain

Well, red meat contains high amount of iron. High levels of iron can lead to an increase in HH.

As for the red meat and cholesterol, this is purely personal experience. Noticed a negative change in lipids when I started incorporating red meat 8oz 2-3x per day.

Well, red meat contains high amount of iron. High levels of iron can lead to an increase in HH.

As for the red meat and cholesterol, this is purely personal experience. Noticed a negative change in lipids when I started incorporating red meat 8oz 2-3x per day.

Ohhhh.... By HH i thought you meant "heart health"

But 1 lb of red meat has about 40% of the RDA of iron so thats not likely.

I guess my argument over lipids/fatty acid breakdown is that your generic grocery store beef is no less healthy than the generic chicken of similar pro/fat ratios

You must be an obese type 2 diabetic with heart disease.

That on top of the dozen eggs a day i normally eat according to my family Dr i should have been dead from heart disease or at least have terrible cholesterol.

i honestly believe the key is healthy fats , the beef we buy if from a local butcher and has free range beef and the eggs i eat are either from vegetarian chickens or free ranging chickens from my dad's.

I'm so fucking tired of eating chicken breast. I'm a good cook I do a range of dishes to keep my interest in it but still. I wouldn't eat pork if you paid me and I never enjoyed seafood other than sushi, weird I know, I wish I could tolerate tuna or salmon it would make dieting much easier. I can tolerate ground turkey but that gets to me even faster than chicken.

Sams club had some really nice looking filet mignon cheap this weekend and I picked up a pack of 5 thick sexy cuts and just cooked them up in a pan and then the oven with some sautéed mushrooms and onion. My mouth was watering watching them cook and it was justified when eating one for my meal tonight.

I've read so many conflicting studies on red meat, obviously I'm not going to replace chicken breast entirely but would a 50/50 ratio of chicken and beef really be that bad? Without sounding too much like an evo thread what do you guys think? How do you guys balance it?

Try ground turkey breast. 97/3% is pretty good with some bbq sauce or some good seasoning.

I'm the same way. I can't stand seafood besides sushi and don't like pork either. I think beef is fine but you have to account for the fact its caloric content is higher due to the added fats.

I'm burnt out on chicken breast right now so I'm doing

Chicken thighs boneless/skinless
Ribeye steak 6.99/pound right now at Kroger
I got some cod and salmon
Ground round 90/10
Whole eggs
Greek yogurt plain 0% fage
Shrimp
Chuck Roast

If i skip a couple or few days or not eating beef I seem to feel weaker. I feel stronger when I eat beef. I eat the lean 97/3 % which costs like five or six dollars a pound at wal mart so I try and limit to about half a pound a day. Somedays I may skip

As for tilipa yeah if its not wild caught its not so good for you. Evan Centopani did some great videos on this earlier in his career as he lives where they catch or import fresh fish and showed him buying a bunch. Cod is good, any wild caught fish

some good recipes and spices make bland stuff taste nice and take that blandness out of dieting aggressively. Ms Dash is my girlfriend right now :)

Last edited:
I eat lean red meat because it gives me more size

i eat beef liver in red meat, it s special, i like it and lots of nutrients

My dad buys/sells cattle so it's hard for me to not eat beef when it's so accessible. No hormones, and grass fed. I can swing by there any time I want and get whatever out of the deep freeze. Filets, ribeyes, lean ground beef.. It's pretty nice.

Given, if I do that then the next time I see him he will put my ass to work lol. But it's definitely worth it.

If you haven't tried them you all should try calf fries..

Last edited:
Know likes pork tenderloin as a option?

Affordable, high in protein, low in fat and great on the BBQ

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views