YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating more beef in place of chicken....

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm so fucking tired of eating chicken breast. I'm a good cook I do a range of dishes to keep my interest in it but still. I wouldn't eat pork if you paid me and I never enjoyed seafood other than sushi, weird I know, I wish I could tolerate tuna or salmon it would make dieting much easier. I can tolerate ground turkey but that gets to me even faster than chicken.

Sams club had some really nice looking filet mignon cheap this weekend and I picked up a pack of 5 thick sexy cuts and just cooked them up in a pan and then the oven with some sautéed mushrooms and onion. My mouth was watering watching them cook and it was justified when eating one for my meal tonight.

I've read so many conflicting studies on red meat, obviously I'm not going to replace chicken breast entirely but would a 50/50 ratio of chicken and beef really be that bad? Without sounding too much like an evo thread what do you guys think? How do you guys balance it?

Theres no doubt balance is the key. What about Tilapia? Ive been eating tons of it lately because is more affordable and harder to get sick of it. Chicken breast I can eat it as long as is good quality. The cheapest walmart chicken I cant swallow that shit after two days. Is like cardboard no matter how you cook it. Red meat I would only use grass fed but it becomes VERY expensive if you're putting 5 quality meals a day.

Theres no doubt balance is the key. What about Tilapia? Ive been eating tons of it lately because is more affordable and harder to get sick of it. Chicken breast I can eat it as long as is good quality. The cheapest walmart chicken I cant swallow that shit after two days. Is like cardboard no matter how you cook it. Red meat I would only use grass fed but it becomes VERY expensive if you're putting 5 quality meals a day.

I am a fish guy, fish everyday....but tilapia I don't consider it even edible.

Tilapia & Food Poisoning | LIVESTRONG.COM

Get free range chicken and learn how to cook it. Research "velveting" methods of cooking meats.

Definitely a big difference in taste between organic and random supermarket garbage, can't remember the last time I bought meat that wasn't organic or grass fed. I don't know how I ever ate those bags of frozen chicken breast in the past....

I love beef. I'd eat it for most of my meals if I could afford it. For some reason I digest it so much more efficiently than chicken

Top sirloin all day, just trim the fat... Im so over chicken breasts .... chicken thighssss or drumsticks on the other hand are bomb still lol

Had top sirloin on sale last week for 4.99/lb... bought like 10 packages

I love beef. I'd eat it for most of my meals if I could afford it. For some reason I digest it so much more efficiently than chicken

For me this is the key , how well it digest.!!
i eat a little over pound of red meat a day (6oz in 3 meals with chicken or fish) either from beef or deer meat and split up the other meals with either all fish or chicken.

Pork doesn't digest well for me (except bacon:p) so isay away from it , occasionally we'll butcher a goat and that seems to digest well.

I find that getting chicken tenders from Sam's is easier for me to cook them and not have them dryed out which greatly helps in taste , you can also try cooking your breast in the crock pot. I think most people get burned out on chicken because its bland.

Hate to be "that guy" towards you :)

As a disciple you soist be, your holistic brethren are advising thou shall not eat Tilapia.

...just keeping ya updated on the recent ideology and spreading the gospel, my brother! :D

Why You Should Never Eat Tilapia

Health Experts Are Warning People To Stop Eating Tilapia

Personally, I never liked Tilapia. Goat tastes so much better!

For me this is the key , how well it digest.!!
i eat a little over pound of red meat a day (6oz in 3 meals with chicken or fish) either from beef or deer meat and split up the other meals with either all fish or chicken.

Pork doesn't digest well for me (except bacon:p) so isay away from it , occasionally we'll butcher a goat and that seems to digest well.

I find that getting chicken tenders from Sam's is easier for me to cook them and not have them dryed out which greatly helps in taste , you can also try cooking your breast in the crock pot. I think most people get burned out on chicken because its bland.

Exactly!! I already have a hard enough time eating enough food to grow. I don't need food that's gonna sit with me forever. I try to find foods that digest easily

I also get bored with eating chicken breast no matter how many different ways I can cook it. If looking for an extremely lean cut of steak try out the eye of round steak. Not the best tasting cut, but its beef and gets the job done when trying to avoid chicken and maintaining diet.

Although, I have been known to say eff it and buy a nice porterhouse, prime rib or t-bone:D

For you guys that are sick of eating chicken breast, I've got 2 words that may (or may not :eek:) change your lives: sous vide. I bought an Anova Sous Vide about 18 months ago and it makes chicken breasts so moist and delicious. It's really easy to use and you'll never over-cook food again. Nevermind how it makes beef in the MOST AMAZING way. It's the best kitchen thing I've bought next to my George Foreman grill back in the 90's. Give it a try. You'll fall back in love with food you currently can't stomach.

EDIT: One of the many benefits is that you can take a cheap/tough cut of beef and turn in into the most tender succulent meal. It really is that good.

Last edited:

that tilapia makes me wanna vomit just by looking at it.. disgusting how on earth people eat that... oh I am not buying tinto the promotion odf this fish worldwide

For you guys that are sick of eating chicken breast, I've got 2 words that may (or may not :eek:) change your lives: sous vide. I bought an Anova Sous Vide about 18 months ago and it makes chicken breasts so moist and delicious. It's really easy to use and you'll never over-cook food again. Nevermind how it makes beef in the MOST AMAZING way. It's the best kitchen thing I've bought next to my George Foreman grill back in the 90's. Give it a try. You'll fall back in love with food you currently can't stomach.

EDIT: One of the many benefits is that you can take a cheap/tough cut of beef and turn in into the most tender succulent meal. It really is that good.

link to the actual product? it gives me cooking methods for whatever reason? you in US?

All comes down to digestion for me.

Beef I digest slower, so I use beef for my meal before bed and after my workout typically.

Chicken/fish I use for lunch and the afternoon before my workout. I can have 8oz of chicken and a cup of rice fully digested without any bloat in about an hour it seems like.

I love beef.

Hate to be "that guy" towards you :)

As a disciple you soist be, your holistic brethren are advising thou shall not eat Tilapia.

...just keeping ya updated on the recent ideology and spreading the gospel, my brother! :D

Why You Should Never Eat Tilapia

Health Experts Are Warning People To Stop Eating Tilapia

Personally, I never liked Tilapia. Goat tastes so much better!

Thanks man Ill stop that junk. Ive been eating it out of necessity. Ill try to find another source of protein at a reasonable price.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws