over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating when hungry...

Mash1

Registered
I know not only Phil's trainees eat when hungry, but a lot of other members have picked up on it too. Let me ask you guys though, do you eat at the VERY first sign of hunger or wait until you feel like your really hungry. (if you guys understand what I'm saying..) I know if I ate at the VERY first sign of hunger I feel like I'd be eating a lot more.

Opinions here guys?

the idea is to eat as soon as you get hungry. then make yourself hungry more often. if you eat 10 meals a day and get 40 grams of protien each meal, thats 400 grams of protien a day. thats gonna build alot of muscle!

I've been averaging 6-8 but I feel like I'm not leaning out as well as I should....and I'm sticking to diet almost PERFECTLY. I'll have a cheat "snack" not even a full meal once a week. I feel like I'm holding fat in my stomach like I shouldn't. I almost feel bloated. Also, my whole body looks soft the more I eat, even though I'm only eating when hungry and like I said VERY clean....

I wait until my BODY needs food. There is a huge difference between being hungry becuase its lunch time and co-workers are going out for lunch, or watching the game and feeling like you should be eating something.

You will know when your body is needs food. I believe your goals have something to do with how long you will push that hunger limit as well ( dieting vs Gaining). I push my hunger limits to ensure I am hungry.

mash, are you training with phil?

Yes I am. I try not to pester Phil with little questions though if it can be addressed by other members. I think some people take his time forgranted with little questions....

Yes I am. I try not to pester Phil with little questions though if it can be addressed by other members. I think some people take his time forgranted with little questions....

I would advise with Phil, that is what you're paying him for and he is your trainer..don't be shy :) I ask him questions often, but it's become less over time.

If you are not leaning i would try pushing that hungry threshold, you are simply taking in too many calories. That is my opinion but like i said contact the big man

I know, I'm feeling like I might be taking in too many calories also...I guess I'll just ask Phil and see what he says.

i generally try not to bother phil with little things too. i look at it like this, he's the pro, he has me doing things one way for a reason, so im just going to stick with it, and so far that philosophy has worked wonders! i really have to get a pic up. somewhere in the members pics section theres one of me this past summer, i gotta tell ya after only a month its like night and day. keep plugging away. your naturally going to question some things that seem foreign to you. give it some time and it will all come together.

I have the same mentality too. I figure Phil has the credentials and the body at his age to back it up haha.

I know not only Phil's trainees eat when hungry, but a lot of other members have picked up on it too. Let me ask you guys though, do you eat at the VERY first sign of hunger or wait until you feel like your really hungry. (if you guys understand what I'm saying..) I know if I ate at the VERY first sign of hunger I feel like I'd be eating a lot more.

Opinions here guys?

I eat at least every 2-3 hours so I rarely get super hungry,,,unless I miss a meal.

I've been averaging 6-8 but I feel like I'm not leaning out as well as I should....and I'm sticking to diet almost PERFECTLY. I'll have a cheat "snack" not even a full meal once a week. I feel like I'm holding fat in my stomach like I shouldn't. I almost feel bloated. Also, my whole body looks soft the more I eat, even though I'm only eating when hungry and like I said VERY clean....

Is this your diet or the one Phil set you? If Phil gave it to you give it time. If you set it up yourself, your macro nutrients ratio may need tweeking.

(Just throwing this out there, don't take offense if you already know this) Are you an endo/meso or endo? If you are, You may favor a higher protien diet consisting of 50% of of dietary calories. I'm a endo/meso and every meal I try to get about 50%p/25%c/25%f and it works well. If I make a shift for the high carbs, I feel like poo, much like you described bloated, puffy, and tired :(

A interesting read "the metabolic type diet" The book classifies people into 3 groups, carbo types, mixed types, and protien types. Theirs a 100 question test in there which tells you which type diet would resembles you best. I took the test and the results were I thrive on a higher protien diet, but I was also a few points from being a mixed type too. So this tells me that I on the right track... been higher protien diet for years now. The only adjustment I made after reading the book was to bring my carbs up slightly. And I feel even better now and didn't getting any fatter, lol. If you like reading or ever get stuck in the mall while the wife/gf is shopping, hit up a barnes noble or borders and check it out. Pretty interesting...

Last edited:
Mash:

Part of the deal is taking the basics, taking your "program" getting results and then allowing your trainer to tweak it for you. Sometimes the trainer is going to say "stay the course". Sometimes he will make changes based on new information to how your body is responding. Each individual is just that, individual.

In answer to your question, I do not eat at the first signs of hunger, I wait at least 15 minutes to see if it was just an emotional reaction, etc, and not true hunger. Then again, I'm trying to lose weight so I tend to sway to that side of things.

Mash:

Part of the deal is taking the basics, taking your "program" getting results and then allowing your trainer to tweak it for you. Sometimes the trainer is going to say "stay the course". Sometimes he will make changes based on new information to how your body is responding. Each individual is just that, individual.

In answer to your question, I do not eat at the first signs of hunger, I wait at least 15 minutes to see if it was just an emotional reaction, etc, and not true hunger. Then again, I'm trying to lose weight so I tend to sway to that side of things.

theres the best answer you can get...leave it to pecker to get down to the core of it.

Is it a little question that has an answer that has a BIG impact on your physique?? If so then in my opinion you need to here it from the horses mouth to get the diet right!!

Id say it may have something to do with your food choices perhaps..

Is this your diet or the one Phil set you? If Phil gave it to you give it time. If you set it up yourself, your macro nutrients ratio may need tweeking.

(Just throwing this out there, don't take offense if you already know this) Are you an endo/meso or endo? If you are, You may favor a higher protien diet consisting of 50% of of dietary calories. I'm a endo/meso and every meal I try to get about 50%p/25%c/25%f and it works well. If I make a shift for the high carbs, I feel like poo, much like you described bloated, puffy, and tired :(

A interesting read "the metabolic type diet" The book classifies people into 3 groups, carbo types, mixed types, and protien types. Theirs a 100 question test in there which tells you which type diet would resembles you best. I took the test and the results were I thrive on a higher protien diet, but I was also a few points from being a mixed type too. So this tells me that I on the right track... been higher protien diet for years now. The only adjustment I made after reading the book was to bring my carbs up slightly. And I feel even better now and didn't getting any fatter, lol. If you like reading or ever get stuck in the mall while the wife/gf is shopping, hit up a barnes noble or borders and check it out. Pretty interesting...

I always felt i was a endo/meso too and always ate high protein, low fat and low-moderate carbs. Basically just added carbs as seen fit, as i got lethargic soft and sluggish on carbs. However been with Phil a few month now and initially it was high protein mod carbs as was for a show. Then afterwards he switched things round and im on more carbs than ever, but feel great and happy with the progress/look as im now trying to gain. I put this down to the carb types as they are not what i used to eat at all, so im sticking with it. I do however throw a question to him every now and again to see if i can tweak things, but i have to run with the program.
Alot of it was totally alien to me and against the grain of what id been doing for years, but thought what the heck lets give this ago.....and i couldnt be happier..im just impatient as im getting older,lol..

I'm definitely ECTO for sure. Which is why it was wierd that I'm looking soft. I've chatted with Phil though and we tweaked a little.

If i only eat when hungry......

I wouldn't break 200 grams of protein per day. I guess i have a question. How do you handle it. Say at 7:30 i had a 60 gram shake. At 10:30 i had 3 cans of tuna(about 66 grams of protein), and a palm full of almonds(i was definetly hungry). And now it is 2:07 and i don't feel any hungerpangs what so ever. How would you approach that? Go ahead and eat cuzz its been almost 4 hours?? I try to get at least 60 grams of protein per meal. I usually only eat 6-7 times per day though. Any insight would be great.

I wake up at 7 o clock...take 5 tbsps of lba's at about 7:30 and I won't be hungry....so I won't eat a meal until about 10:30-11 when I finally do get hungry. It's wierd.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear