over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Echo Results

Surgery is inevitable and not too far off (mini sternotomy and not full sternum fortunately). It will correct the issue though, on the bright side.
Well like you said, it's fortunate that you caught it early. That's why having these things looked into is so imperative. I cringe whenever I come across a vet that has been on gear for 15-20+ years and never even done labs...

Thanks! Absolutely relieved with these results. I am still going to stay on my TRT dose for a while here. Had a bit of a family crisis (don't worry, no one died lol) and my head isn't right. Blasting would just mess with me emotionally at this point so going to keep doing what I'm doing. Blasts in the future certainly won't be extreme either. I think this whole situation is a wake up call for me :).

Happy New Year! That is great news, those results. Sounds like you are going to be smart too and not use it as a reason to justify using a ton of steroids. Keep it as low as you can and if I were you I would stay away from Tren and orals.

Happy New Year! That is great news, those results. Sounds like you are going to be smart too and not use it as a reason to justify using a ton of steroids. Keep it as low as you can and if I were you I would stay away from Tren and orals.
Happy New Year, Maldorf!

I absolutely want to keep things mild from here on out. I will never be a pro bodybuilder, so there's no point in running myself into the ground for vanity. It is temporary (as is life) so I plan on thinking more "big picture."

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice as I underwent this whole ordeal. It's a huge relief.

Happy New Year, Maldorf!

I absolutely want to keep things mild from here on out. I will never be a pro bodybuilder, so there's no point in running myself into the ground for vanity. It is temporary (as is life) so I plan on thinking more "big picture."

Thanks for all your thoughts and advice as I underwent this whole ordeal. It's a huge relief.

I was really glad to hear your news. It is good that you are on top of things and going to be very cautious from now on. Once you have a heart attack it is too late to do anything, and you have avoided that. Looks like you have a long healthy life ahead of you.

I would get results like this and be like , time to blast to the moon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was really glad to hear your news. It is good that you are on top of things and going to be very cautious from now on. Once you have a heart attack it is too late to do anything, and you have avoided that. Looks like you have a long healthy life ahead of you.
I appreciate it. I hope to live for many more years, so I can annoy my family and friends for a longer period of time :D

I would get results like this and be like , time to blast to the moon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Believe me, that thought crossed my mind for sure haha. I gave it some thought and realized it was simply an impulsive desire.

Well, I had my echo this morning and they were prompt in providing results. No wall thickness, EF between 55-60%. Here are the results in full.

When we had to interpret 2-D TTE's, it was important to utilize the modified Simpson's bi-plane summation. It's also important to consider IOV (Inter-Observer Variability) as well as the echo tech variabilities. It doesn't take that long to perform an TTE nor does it take that long to "interpret" them once you put in all the deliberate hours to learn how to do both.

Happy New Year, Maldorf!

That's a great way to go. It ain't an easy choice but it's the right choice in the long run!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

When we had to interpret 2-D TTE's, it was important to utilize the modified Simpson's bi-plane summation. It's also important to consider IOV (Inter-Observer Variability) as well as the echo tech variabilities. It doesn't take that long to perform an TTE nor does it take that long to "interpret" them once you put in all the deliberate hours to learn how to do both.

I once had a fairly big difference in my interpreted ejection fraction between two different doctors. The first one came back at below 20% and then the second I had look at it said it was more like between 20 and 25%. Perhaps it becomes increasingly difficult to estimate EF the lower it gets?

I once had a fairly big difference in my interpreted ejection fraction between two different doctors. The first one came back at below 20% and then the second I had look at it said it was more like between 20 and 25%. Perhaps it becomes increasingly difficult to estimate EF the lower it gets?

The ACC and ACP guidelines dictate that an MI associated with dilated systolic HF +/- signs/sx's and an estimated LVEF of 17% vs 20-25% essentially makes no difference in the overall approach to treatment: placement of ICD +/- CRT (BiV pacing).

There aren't many clinical indications for permanent placement of intracardiac devices but an LVEF of </= 30-35% is one of them.

Last edited:
There aren't many clinical indications for permanent placement of intracardiac devices but an LVEF of </= 30-35% is one of them.

Yes, that was what I was told when I had to get mine. I think that is a good rule especially following a MI like mine. When you have idiopathic cardiomyopathy many times the heart might recover. I once had that and a EF of about 35% but they of course didn't rush me to get an ICD. After about 11 months my heart was back up to 55% or so.

The strangest thing was that after my heart attack they did an echo about 4 days after and my ejection fraction came back 40%. They then sent me home without an ICD. Then about 4 weeks later I had another echo and it came back below 20%. I was feeling much better by then too, symptoms were a lot better. I never did get a good answer for the discrepancy. It almost ended up killing me because I was doing squats and went into VT. We called the paramedics and they had only been here maybe 2 minutes and I went into cardiac arrest. They had to shock me 2x to get my heart going again.

I should have had an ICD when I left the hospital. I think something was wrong with that first Echo. I was either still on dopamine or just gotten off of it. Maybe that had my EF artificially raised?

Oh, sorry to hijack your thread!

No worries, Maldorf! By all means, hijack away :). If this information is going to help others make a huge decision to put their health first, feel free to fill this thread up with as much info as you can. We appreciate your thoughts and wisdom :headbang:

Yes, that was what I was told when I had to get mine. I think that is a good rule especially following a MI like mine. When you have idiopathic cardiomyopathy many times the heart might recover. I once had that and a EF of about 35% but they of course didn't rush me to get an ICD. After about 11 months my heart was back up to 55% or so.

A dx of "idiopathic" fill-in-the-blank means we're idiots b/c we are either too stupid and/or too lazy to critically think through the clinical signs/sx's +/- lab/imaging data in order to develop a proper and more accurate DDx. :eek:

The strangest thing was that after my heart attack they did an echo about 4 days after and my ejection fraction came back 40%. They then sent me home without an ICD. Then about 4 weeks later I had another echo and it came back below 20%. I was feeling much better by then too, symptoms were a lot better. I never did get a good answer for the discrepancy. It almost ended up killing me because I was doing squats and went into VT. We called the paramedics and they had only been here maybe 2 minutes and I went into cardiac arrest. They had to shock me 2x to get my heart going again.

I should have had an ICD when I left the hospital. I think something was wrong with that first Echo. I was either still on dopamine or just gotten off of it. Maybe that had my EF artificially raised?

Oh, sorry to hijack your thread!

How's EF now? Still decent?

How's EF now? Still decent?

I haven't had it measured in a few years. I think it is probably still somewhere between 20 and 25%. Trying to get it up now by doing consistent exercise. I have been feeling a bit better.

Nice!
I get an echocardiogram and CT calcium scan done about every 3 years.

Anyone here also read nuclear physics for fun? Check on the radiation dose per CT calcium scan (in mSev) and review the published radiation exposure data studies on the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let all of that sink in cognitively.

I haven't had it measured in a few years. I think it is probably still somewhere between 20 and 25%. Trying to get it up now by doing consistent exercise. I have been feeling a bit better.

If one were to share with you the physiologic and pharmacologic mechanisms targeted to improve LVEF in the setting of systolic HF, you wouldn't believe it. Hell, I wouldn't believe it.

Anyone here also read nuclear physics for fun? Check on the radiation dose per CT calcium scan (in mSev) and review the published radiation exposure data studies on the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let all of that sink in cognitively.

This has always scared me. However, radiation doses have been decreasing every year on CT scans. It's not as bad in most hospitals now at it was 5 years ago.

Well, I had my echo this morning and they were prompt in providing results. No wall thickness, EF between 55-60%. Here are the results in full.

The interpretation sounds like a pre-made "smart set" courtesy of the most commonly used EMR system EPIC. Don't get too excited about EPIC b/c as an EMR system, it sucks slightly less bigly balls when compared to the other dinosaur EMR-based platforms (e.g. Meditech, eClinicalWorks, etc)

Also, last I checked, a 2-D cardiac TTE is neither part of routine physical exam/work-up or an age-based USPSTF preventive screening recommendation. I could be wrong about the USPSTF recommendation b/c "stable jenius" eventually figured out that memorizing the litany of what seems to be yearly & very minor back and forth changes in recommendations was an ineffective use of time and neuron functionality. :lightbulb:

With all of that comprehensive medicalese babble, one has to wonder: Where the hell is the "bubble study"? If you're gonna go all out, go all out. :banghead:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear