over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eddie Hall - Heart & Health issues

I worry about these massive world's strongest man competitors. More than half of all heart attacks are actually undetected and I would imagine this is more common than we think.

In Born Strong the four competitors they feature, including Eddie, are all over 400 lb and carrying tons of body fat. To get in those calories you have to eat a lot of dense, unhealthy food. Eddie's breakfast had lots of bacon and sausage to go with his eggs. I think they say he's 28 in that documentary. He looks like he's in his forties.

I worry about these massive world's strongest man competitors. More than half of all heart attacks are actually undetected and I would imagine this is more common than we think.

Eddie always seemed less healthy than Thor and Brian. Granted they are 5/6" taller than him. He also mentioned that he knew he had to push the limits further than they would.

I had heard rumours that Eddie had several small heart attacks, but this is the first actual proof of any.

Eddie always seemed less healthy than Thor and Brian. Granted they are 5/6" taller than him. He also mentioned that he knew he had to push the limits further than they would.

I had heard rumours that Eddie had several small heart attacks, but this is the first actual proof of any.

If you look at pictures of him when he was younger he was never a very big guy. He was athletic looking...but it didn't look like he was destined to be huge. I would imagine he had to eat and drug his way up to that 400 pounds in a pretty extreme fashion

I agree that he looks much older and is clearly in poor health. The fact he's already won the competition should tell him it's ok to retire and re-gain control of his life. He already accomplished his mission.

In Born Strong the four competitors they feature, including Eddie, are all over 400 lb and carrying tons of body fat. To get in those calories you have to eat a lot of dense, unhealthy food. Eddie's breakfast had lots of bacon and sausage to go with his eggs. I think they say he's 28 in that documentary. He looks like he's in his forties.

Thor and Brian are both like 6'10...so 400lbs spread out over that isnt that bad. Both of them look healthy too. But Eddie is like 6'3 at 420...he's ASKING to die young.

I agree that he looks much older and is clearly in poor health. The fact he's already won the competition should tell him it's ok to retire and re-gain control of his life. He already accomplished his mission.

His problem is he always said 2 things:

1. If a doctor told him to stop he would
2. Once he won WSM he would instantly retire and move on

Turns out he can't do either. I found it interesting to get that much honesty in an interview.

His problem is he always said 2 things:

1. If a doctor told him to stop he would
2. Once he won WSM he would instantly retire and move on

Turns out he can't do either. I found it interesting to get that much honesty in an interview.

It's REALLY for many to just change their whole identity overnight

My native Zydrunas Savickas is definitively strongest man in the world, for me looks healthy
9abbe901ecdcbb9ed478f25bcf4bb4db.jpg

My native Zydrunas Savickas is definitively strongest man in the world, for me looks healthy

Yes....now. But Zydrunas has always been known for being one of the more obese strongmen competitors. No argument with you on his strength though. Zydrunas is quite possibly one of the strongest humans whos ever lived

I agree, he does look a lot healthier at a lower body weight. During his competitive years, I got the impression he was a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm sure all of these strongman/powerlifters know the consequences involved in their sport but they've made their choices and it's not for us to judge how someone lives their lives. Will they have regrets down the road...who knows?

I agree, he does look a lot healthier at a lower body weight. During his competitive years, I got the impression he was a heart attack waiting to happen. I'm sure all of these strongman/powerlifters know the consequences involved in their sport but they've made their choices and it's not for us to judge how someone lives their lives. Will they have regrets down the road...who knows?

In their competitive years? Zydrunas is definitely still competitive. He's aiming to break the all time log lift world record

Nothing is more of an oxymoron than "healthy bodybuilder/strongman/powerlifter" lol...Obviously he knows what happened to him but that doesn't mean the guys that "look" healthier aren't at the same risk level he is. Shit it doesn't mean that any of us aren't at risk if we're putting things in our bodies that really shouldn't be there.

I was referring to more of his WSM reign. Though not impossible, at 42 he glory days of domination are more than likely behind him.

Nothing is more of an oxymoron than "healthy bodybuilder/strongman/powerlifter" lol...Obviously he knows what happened to him but that doesn't mean the guys that "look" healthier aren't at the same risk level he is. Shit it doesn't mean that any of us aren't at risk if we're putting things in our bodies that really shouldn't be there.

Exactly. A 21 inch neck will shorten your lifespan. Period. Regardless of if its fat or muscle

I did not post it because I was surprised. Just the weights they routinely use will wreck their bodies, not to mention the bodyweight, diet, drugs etc.

My point is it's good to hear Eddie actually address it. I don't think anyone looked at Eddie and saw "healthy". Actually saying he had a mini heart attack and refused to go to the hospital, his kidney values were sky high etc, that is refreshing. Thor's bloodwork was a mess when he started working with Stan Efferding, now it has much improved along with his bodycomposition and performance. Still won't be healthy.

In the part of the interview I posted, Eddie says he had to take it to greater extremes than Brian and Thor. He clearly can't stop, even when he guaranteed he would. He is also obsessed with "alpha" and being "alpha".

Yes....now. But Zydrunas has always been known for being one of the more obese strongmen competitors. No argument with you on his strength though. Zydrunas is quite possibly one of the strongest humans whos ever lived
He is recognized as the Strongest Person in the World. The man is a Machine when it comes to moving weight, and he's in his 40s. Looks younger than Brian, Eddie, and Thor the top 3 guys under him.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear