over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eddie Van Halen Dead At 65 - RIP

I used to play guitar and went through an obsessive Van Halen phase when I was 19. I bought the MX-90 phase shifter for my setup and played what I could. A lot of his stuff was really technical and the sweep picking eluded me. I have the Live Without a Net DVD and Best of Both Worlds double disc album. Whether it was with Sammy or Dave, I liked it all. Here's most of his guitar collection

And here he's ripping the song 5150 from the DVD I mentioned above. This song is very difficult to play. Some notes and chords require you to use your index and pinky fingers and they're far apart making your hand hurt. Nevermind running around onstage and doing it effortlessly. Rest in Peace, Edward. You'll always be one of the greatest.

What was really cool was when Eddie had his original guitar from Van Halen II buried with Dimebag Darrell.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-dimebag-darrell-guitar-buried/

Brought a lot of good music to the world & whole new style of playing. Everyone was finger tapping after Eddie made it popular.

Couldn't think of any worse news to hear today when this came out
frown.gif
:(

One of the best guitarists ever, a true virtuoso and pioneer. I can't think of anybody I knew where I live growing up in the 80's who didn't wear a Van Halen shirt. I didn't get to see them/him play until they went on their Balance Tour many years later....BUT, it was one of the greatest experiences i've ever witnessed seeing him solo. His fingers were so damn fast, it was just sick!

Sad thing is that he totally turned himself around for the better, only to get this Kunt of a disease to put him down....just so damn sad. I'm gonna blast them until the day I die.

A true legend died today. I have to wonder if the newer generation realize how good, and instrumental, he was. I still can't believe he died:(

RIP, Eddie Van Halen
frown.gif

What was really cool was when Eddie had his original guitar from Van Halen II buried with Dimebag Darrell.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-dimebag-darrell-guitar-buried/

Wow, I never knew that and was a HUGE Dimebag fan. Man, 2 of my favorites right here. That is some kick ass shit to read though, his guitar was legendary, what a true act!

On another note, Ozzy Osbourne sent out the following today:

"Eddie Van Halen was one of the nicest guys I ever worked with and we shared so many laughs together. His influence on music and especially the guitar has been immeasurable. He was an absolute legend. Eddie, I’ll see you on the other side, my friend. Love, Ozzy."

I read that and a tear came rollin' down my cheek! How Ozzy is still alive is anybody's guess, lol. I'll cry when he dies for sure.

My 3 favorite.....Randy Rhodes, Dimebag, and the Master Eddie, all gone:(

he was the guitar god , rip!

I was on stage in '85 when Hagar and Van Halen played at Farm Aid in Champaign, Illinois. RIP Eddie.

One of the best guitarist on the planet!
RIP Eddie

I watched this last night

back in 1994 friend of mine , ten years older, im 39 hes wow like 50 now, i was 13, he worked at a recycling center and it was close to my house, and i would go down there every day many days, and he would share stories, was into Van halen, and 80's rock, and rock, anyways, he let me borrow van halen tapes and live without a net was one of them, so glad i got to have this friendship and learned about life

Another great rocker gone Bio! Wow o_O

The greatest of all time.

2020 sucks

Favorite band of all time. When I'm listening to Van Halen in my headphones while working out i go to another place. They're just amazing. RIP Eddie

Wow, I never knew that and was a HUGE Dimebag fan. Man, 2 of my favorites right here. That is some kick ass shit to read though, his guitar was legendary, what a true act!

On another note, Ozzy Osbourne sent out the following today:

"Eddie Van Halen was one of the nicest guys I ever worked with and we shared so many laughs together. His influence on music and especially the guitar has been immeasurable. He was an absolute legend. Eddie, I’ll see you on the other side, my friend. Love, Ozzy."

I read that and a tear came rollin' down my cheek! How Ozzy is still alive is anybody's guess, lol. I'll cry when he dies for sure.

My 3 favorite.....Randy Rhodes, Dimebag, and the Master Eddie, all gone:(
BMJ dude, ditto! When Ozzy dies I will literally cry. Or Tony Iommi. I worship Black Sabbath. They are the ultimate, the almighty!
Maybe Randy or EVH, Dimebag, or others were technically better or flashier than Tony I...but NOONE wrote the endless magical riffs that made metal what it is, than Tony Iommi. He and Ozzy (and Geezer) are METAL!

BMJ dude, ditto! When Ozzy dies I will literally cry. Or Tony Iommi. I worship Black Sabbath. They are the ultimate, the almighty!
Maybe Randy or EVH, Dimebag, or others were technically better or flashier than Tony I...but NOONE wrote the endless magical riffs that made metal what it is, than Tony Iommi. He and Ozzy (and Geezer) are METAL!

Tony is the RIFF MASTER!

Also battled Alcoholism as he was well known for being able to drink an impressive amount of wine.

I was thrilled, a few years ago I got to see them in concert for their The End Tour. Their final tour. Best concert ever.

Eddie in 1974 playing in his home. Would have been 19 years old I think.

Van Halen in 1975. Old recording live.

I was thrilled, a few years ago I got to see them in concert for their The End Tour. Their final tour. Best concert ever.
Bro, I saw them on one of the first shows of that tour when Ozzys voice was prime! It was like seeing God come to earth!

Before most people even knew who they were, I saw Van Halen with some good friends on The Midnight Special. We were blown away with this band when we watched them. We knew they were going to be mega stars. They went on tour with Journey, one of the best concerts ever.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws